Can We Retain Henry T and QC

You do realize this wasnt limited ti a small nmber of players? That most kids on on most power 5 rosters are getting some kind of "McDonald's bag" benefits?

If other teams pay money and we don’t then we need to remove Alabama, Georgia, and Florida from our schedule for about three years or until we figure out how to get 5 and 4 star players. Just look at those three ‘s roster and it is easy to call the winner. There just so much coaching that can be done with 3 star plays with the exception of occasionally a 3 star develope into a 5 star player. Few and far between. I am not suggesting we cheat but come up with a way that would have the players want to come here And I have no ideal.

Reactions: SCRocket
I hope these guys take the time to truly consider whether they are able to re-commit themselves to UT or need to go elsewhere. I understand and agree with the sentiment that we don't want them at UT if they aren't committed. But we need to let them work through that. The whole ordeal is a lot more personal and intimate for them than it is any of us.
Well said imo. I'd love to see the lives of and the decisions made by all these people when they were the same age, so bent on HT and QC not returning, plastered all over the internet.

I'd bet if they really and genuinely don't want to be here, they won't be.

1. Of course we want them both to stay--they're really good LBs.
2. They would be stupid to not give their all. Their NFL future depends on it. These guys developed close relationships with a staff that just got fired. They need a little time to figure things out.
3. Who has offered evidence or proof either of these guys took improper benefits?
4. 'Have it your way' is Burger King, not McDonald's. [

You do realize this wasnt limited ti a small nmber of players? That most kids on on most power 5 rosters are getting some kind of "McDonald's bag" benefits?
So we will just go with “well everyone else probably does it” and say it’s ok.

He will be on the bench at either Bama or Ohio State. They have better players on the field.

maybe.... Alabama had two linebackers enter portal this week.. neither was close to Henry in stats a senior and a junior. sounds like Sabam making room..

So we will just go with “well everyone else probably does it” and say it’s ok.

Whatever makes you sleep at night.

The point of my post is...we still have a roster full of kids that likely received extra benefits. You seem to want them all gone....

TBH I hope not. Maybe I'm old school but if a player doesn't want to be here and give his all then he should go elsewhere. It better for all parties involved. Didn't HTs dad run his mouth about UT?

Huh? But if they remain here, it’s because they want to be here. We need talented players.

Reactions: vegasvolfan
You guys need to quit running these kids for taking the money - damn near all of them do it. Some kids aren’t approached with money because the schools know they’ll have no chance - but almost all of these kids take the cash. It is totally normal and has been a part of CFB since forever. It just sucks when a school is stupid like UT was here. You don’t think Tee Martin and Jamal Lewis got paid? The difference is it was done correctly.
Completely disagree.

Whatever makes you sleep at night.

The point of my post is...we still have a roster full of kids that likely received extra benefits. You seem to want them all gone....
Yes if it will eventually catch up to us and set our program back even more years then yes remove them all.

While I wasn’t happy about it, I understood their reasons for testing the water. However, now that the staff is in place and it appears we hit a home run with the LB coach, I really really hope they stay. Come on back guys!
Agreed. Most understanding post yet.

If other teams pay money and we don’t then we need to remove Alabama, Georgia, and Florida from our schedule for about three years or until we figure out how to get 5 and 4 star players. Just look at those three ‘s roster and it is easy to call the winner. There just so much coaching that can be done with 3 star plays with the exception of occasionally a 3 star develope into a 5 star player. Few and far between. I am not suggesting we cheat but come up with a way that would have the players want to come here And I have no ideal.

Pruitt was cheating and STILL losing.

Hard to say how true that is from program to program.

All that crap needs brought to light. Sunshine is always the best disinfectant.

Reactions: vegasvolfan
If we are gonna throw conspiracy theories against the wall to see what sticks, riddle me this:

1. Why would you put your name in the Transfer Portal and stay in school?
2. Why would you go through Spring practice with your about to be former teammates if your mind is set on leaving?
3. Why wouldn’t you just stay silent, go through Spring practice, put your name in the Transfer Portal and leave?

Maybe to have a say in who the HC, coordinator or your position coach might be?

With our D staff? Apparently Michigan was one of HT’s top 4 schools to transfer to and we just stole their LB coach who is a great recruiter apparently. I wonder if that has a lot to do with why we chose him. Or at least factors in. Thoughts?
Why should we beg? He's either with us or he's against us.

Garner coming to vols didn't keep Brooks commit to vols. He chose vols over Auburn and Bama. He commits to Auburn without Garner. So same logic for Michigan and Henry T.
The cabin was there before Garner, and the cabin is still standing after Garner.
We on the other hand, have to be cautiously clean for a few years.
GBO!!

Yep if they don’t won’t to be here then GTFO. UT is not a stepping stone. Be part of the solution and not the problem. As I said before, I’m not begging players to stay that just produced 3-7!
While I somewhat agree, I have to place a lot of the 3-7 problem on the previous staff as well.
These are college players and 75% will not even sniff the NFL. They are young and in need of teaching, coaching and being put in position to succeed, none of which I feel was happening previously.
I hate to think of losing these kids, especially Henry T, because I think he has the personality to be a leader. But, I kinda want to just clean house and start over as well. None of us have ever wanted to/been able to admit it before, but we are in a rebuild, and I don’t mean a we graduated a lot of starters, rebuild, we are in a burn it to the ground and start over rebuild that’s going to take time, IF we are able to even build it back.
I guess what I’m trying to say is, I’m not going to hold it against these kids if they decide to leave or the ones that have left. But I’m not ready to pump some sun, just because they come back either.
GBO!!

With our D staff? Apparently Michigan was one of HT’s top 4 schools to transfer to and we just stole their LB coach who is a great recruiter apparently. I wonder if that has a lot to do with why we chose him. Or at least factors in. Thoughts?
Depends on how much can you donate to the cause ? No ATM transactions.

Maybe Crouch can go somewhere else and play running back where he should have been in the first place. Tired of these fickle kids. Just leave if you want. If you are a VFL you are a VFL. If you are not, you are not. Best wishes. I know I sound like "that guy" right now, but these kids are acting like they are the belle of the ball and neither of them did much last year. They are still the equivalent of their high school star rating in their minds but they havent lived up to the billing thus far. The mindset is annoying.

We all also need to remember that their parents are also involved in all of this. HT dad posted stuff on social media and HB's dad was doing the same thing when Pruitt got fired. These coaches recruit the parents as much as the kid and as sad as it is to say there are parents in SOME case's that are looking for a "Pay Day" as well, not to say these parents are but it happens. What goes on or has gone on behind the scenes none of us know. I just hope it is not as shady as many presume it to be.

Reactions: tarvol73
If we are gonna throw conspiracy theories against the wall to see what sticks, riddle me this:

1. Why would you put your name in the Transfer Portal and stay in school?
2. Why would you go through Spring practice with your about to be former teammates if your mind is set on leaving?
3. Why wouldn’t you just stay silent, go through Spring practice, put your name in the Transfer Portal and leave?

Maybe to have a say in who the HC, coordinator or your position coach might be?

More likely that you're 19 or 20 years old, pissed that your coach got fired, and made a rash decision and rushed into something. And then maybe someone advised you that the grass isn't always greener, and that maybe that coach you were told would get you to the NFL wasn't going to, and maybe you need to slow your roll before you move on. And maybe figure out how you fit in the new system.

It's why young men fight wars while old men tell them to.

Reactions: tarvol73

VN Store

Back