Can We Retain Henry T and QC

vegasvolfan

Marketing Professional With 25 Years of Experience
With our D staff? Apparently Michigan was one of HT’s top 4 schools to transfer to and we just stole their LB coach who is a great recruiter apparently. I wonder if that has a lot to do with why we chose him. Or at least factors in. Thoughts?

Reactions: Volanta
I would be very surprised if either one came back. I would think Crouch would be more likely than HT tho.

I thought his dad came out and said he didn't say all that.... notvsure wher I rad it..but I'm pretty sure I saw it somewhere....
I haven't read that anywhere. His dad messed him up here. I kinda hope he leaves.

It's just my guess but I think that maybe HT was offered a certain amount of $$$ per year that he stayed and played amd now that deal is dead so he's ready to leave and find much better coaching for his future NFL dreams.

Crouch may be disheartened by his lack of good coaching too so we'll have to wait and see what happens.

If they're not all Vol and don't love the power T and Orange then they need to move on.

Just my thoughts.

VFL...GBO!!!

tenor.gif

You guys need to quit running these kids for taking the money - damn near all of them do it. Some kids aren’t approached with money because the schools know they’ll have no chance - but almost all of these kids take the cash. It is totally normal and has been a part of CFB since forever. It just sucks when a school is stupid like UT was here. You don’t think Tee Martin and Jamal Lewis got paid? The difference is it was done correctly.

You guys need to quit running these kids for taking the money - damn near all of them do it.
So everyone violating the rules is a justification for breaking the rules? Do you have kids?

Some kids aren’t approached with money because the schools know they’ll have no chance - but almost all of these kids take the cash. It is totally normal and has been a part of CFB since forever. It just sucks when a school is stupid like UT was here. You don’t think Tee Martin and Jamal Lewis got paid? The difference is it was done correctly.
Or... maybe it is past time to enforce the rules on everyone and stop punishing schools that self-police? Maybe instead of having a contest to see who can cheat the best... we modify the rules so a kid can get a supervised job or some other legitimate source of extra income?

I hope these guys take the time to truly consider whether they are able to re-commit themselves to UT or need to go elsewhere. I understand and agree with the sentiment that we don't want them at UT if they aren't committed. But we need to let them work through that. The whole ordeal is a lot more personal and intimate for them than it is any of us.

TBH I hope not. Maybe I'm old school but if a player doesn't want to be here and give his all then he should go elsewhere. It better for all parties involved. Didn't HTs dad run his mouth about UT?
So do we kick Austin Pope, Shamburger, and any of the other kids that entered the portal but withdrew to the curb?

So everyone violating the rules is a justification for breaking the rules? Do you have kids?

Or... maybe it is past time to enforce the rules on everyone and stop punishing schools that self-police? Maybe instead of having a contest to see who can cheat the best... we modify the rules so a kid can get a supervised job or some other legitimate source of extra income?
They are allowed to have jobs now. That rule changed in the late 90s.

Reactions: onthehill71
I thought his dad came out and said he didn't say all that.... notvsure wher I rad it..but I'm pretty sure I saw it somewhere....
I read on TOS his dad said that was not his Twitter account or whatever and did not say that stuff. Now ....I have no clue whether that’s true or not.

Reactions: DonDiego
They are allowed to have jobs now. That rule changed in the late 90s.
Thanks. Someone arguing that it was OK to break the rules because everyone else does suggested that the kid had to take those $100 handshakes because they had no other way to make money.

VN Store

Back