Can Tennessee climb the ladder at all tomorrow?

I’m not talking the past 15 years. I’m using this year’s team. We “supposedly” have higher recruited talent than Missouri. Florida was/is in shambles with their coach and only won 5 games. Can’t be denied.
I want CJH to exceel. I really like him. I love the culture he’s creating
However, my original point was this year’s recruiting class (+ continued) is good enough to compete talent wise, with anyone on the schedule. My caution is, is he a good enough coach to out coach the best of the SEC.

Tenn history winning % in 119 seasons, is less than 70%
I like championships but don’t let Saban’s run trick you into thinking Tenn can do it. In the Fulmer run, best of modern day, they won 1 NC.
I LIKE Heupel
Give us a roster comparison between UT and Mizzu. With the state of the program when Heupel took over, and the 67 player roster he's still been trying to turn over, I think it's assuming a lot to claim that Heupel had the better roster.

No that's not how I would look at it at all.

There are only so many 5* and 4* and a lot more 3 and 2. The bell curve on any recruiting class would be normalized the more players that were added because there are far more players to "get" in the lower star rankings. The larger the recruiting class, the lover 5he average will be.

If you want to compare teams fairly then choose their top players vs our top players.
Again you show you don’t understand recruiting.

That is ridiculous. In most cycles, they do utilize their base more. You make the dumbest arguments.
I already broke down the 2024 class for Georgia.

In the 2023 class Georgia's top 9 highest rated players weren't from Georgia. The top 5 were all poached from Florida. In 2023 Georgia pulled only 2 out of the top 15 players from the state of Georgia. Alabama and Auburn took more players than Georgia did.

Many other football programs benefit from talent in Georgia. UGA is by no means locking down the state, not even close.

In the 2023 class Georgia's top 9 highest rated players weren't from Georgia. The top 5 were all poached from Florida. In 2023 Georgia pulled only 2 out of the top 15 players from the state of Georgia. Alabama and Auburn took more players than Georgia did.

Many other football programs benefit from talent in Georgia. UGA is by no means locking down the state, not even close.
... in most years, Georgia gets what they want from the state of Georgia.

You have detailed two classes. LOL.

If you want to compare Georgia's class to Tennessees class but Georgia has 6 more players at 28 than Tennessee at 22, then a true measure of the quality of the class is to remove the bottom 6 Georgia recruits and compare the top 22 players.

If you give Georgia 4 more roster spots and you gave Tennessee 4 more roster spots who do you think would do a better job of filling those spots from a player ranking standpoint? Georgia probably will BUT if all the statistical likelyhood that they get 4 more top recruits is not good and it's even worse for Tennessee most likely.

If you want to "compared" team recruiting classes regardless of class size then you take the team with the most players and remove the lowest ranked players. Then compare the rest apples to apples. Pretty simple. This is how the weighted average works in class rankings. The highest rated players get almost all of their value "weighted in" to the overall class score while the bottom players get almost none, even if your bottom players are 4* it doesn't matter. That's how the formula works. They are comparing the top players from each school and the further down the list you go the less it matters.
Georgia has 10 composite top 100 players in their class. We have 4.

Last edited:
Reactions: bpalmer28

VN Store

Back