Can someone tell me what happened to the open North Endzone of Shields-Watkins Field?

Colorado State uses a howitzer here in Ft. Collins. Except this year....Mountain West Conference

Last edited:
Intense Vol fanship. The thrown toilet paper, shakers shaking, singing Down the Field, the Walking Horse, singing the Alma Mater, not fighting with fellow Vol fans, standing for 3/4 quarters of the game, staying till the last play, not depending on a JumboTron to know what happened, no third down for what so the partial fans know the down and distance, knowing every player by number home town and and jersey, and showing up early and staying late? Have our football fans changed that much, sadly!
93e7a1ca-2b89-4ee6-b0f7-34ae8984182d-jpeg.305080
I like those tall arches on the south end in the first pic. They're still there beneath the upper deck but it looks like they still haven't taken down the scaffolding.

1599769966765.png

Last edited:
I remember going to the Vols v Vandy game in 77 and sitting in those wooden beachers in the endzone. It was a cold, cold game and the wind blew right up your butt.

I saw enough of Ayers Hall while I was in school. I dont need to see it at a football game
I had classes in Ayers before AC. He’ll, Greve didn’t have AC either. Brutal!! I remember seeing how many fans you could get in your dorm room.

tnutater,Now that your wife has divorced you and gotten the season tickets,you don't have to worry about being squeezed anymore!
Looking for 4 young size six ladies to take her place.
At the divorce hearing she told me that she was 4 times the woman she was when we married.
She was correct. I married a size 6.
Divorced a size 24.
Need tickets now.
No worries about getting squeezed any longer, her lawyers took care of that.

Last edited:
I had classes in Ayers before AC. He’ll, Greve didn’t have AC either. Brutal!! I remember seeing how many fans you could get in your dorm room.
I was there in 1956 and it was hot and no AC. That is why I never went to Summer School.

Sorry, OP, but it is pretty easy to look at the North End Zone (or widely available aerial photos of the stadium) and see what happened...they closed it in and put in seats....

This was done many, many years ago in multiple phases.

Looking for 4 young size six ladies to take her place.
At the divorce hearing she told me that she was 4 times the woman she was when we married.
She was correct. I married a size 6.
Divorced a size 24.
Need tickets now.
No worries about getting squeezed any longer, her lawyers took care of that.

I'm torn deciding if it is proper to like this.....

I worked this game as an EMT...
Pretty sure we lost....
No, we beat PSU the year before. Jo Pa complained of the heat. We puts lights in, they came back the next year. We beat them 28-21 in front of 71,000, with Lydell Mitchell and Franco Harris. Bobby Majors had career games against the Nittney Lions!

Attachments

• 34E36239-1A56-4596-8C2F-B9362FFE6B71.jpeg
    34E36239-1A56-4596-8C2F-B9362FFE6B71.jpeg
    97.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 98D643EC-3093-4A97-A2EC-9C95901C926A.jpeg
    98D643EC-3093-4A97-A2EC-9C95901C926A.jpeg
    19.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Reactions: Boca Vol
I sat in the bleachers in the north end zone and watched Herschel Walker steam roll Bill Bates right in front of me in 1980! He was a freshman and no one had even heard about him!
Are you sure about that? I was in South EZ --GG-- and would SWEAR that play came at me. Course, it Is 40 years,

Reactions: DougAtkins91
I used to stop on my walk to Biology class in the basement of the stadium and watch practice from the grass on the north end zone. I am all for progress. Sometimes you go a few steps forward and then a few back. TV and larger and larger stadiums boosted college football and then came COVID and distancing.

VN Store

Back