Can someone give me advice on how to listen to/stream games online?

vol4life2012

Hello fellow vols, I dont post here often but I have a question that hopefully one or some of you can help me with.
I've been an over the road truck driver for about two years now, the first job I had I was home on weekends so I had access to watch all the college football and tennessee games I wanted. I recently got a new job that though, pays better, forces me to spend weeks at a time on the road.
I spend most of my saturdays driving so in order to get my pigskin fix I will probably have to listen to play by play on the radio. Can anyone suggest some good options for doing this? I have the I heart radio app with the knoxville sports animal affiliate downloaded so that covers tennessee games but I would also like to listen to other games as well. I have sirius xm in my truck and I know they have sports channels (espn fox sports CBS sports) and recently added the power 5 channels, but im not sure if they cover live games.
Also if someone could give suggestions for online streaming the games themself would be appreciated as well. I'm so pumped for this season! I hate having to spend it away from home but my wife is probably counting her blessings not having to deal with me during football season lol. Thanks guys!

Reactions: quadlee21
Do you get ESPN and SEC Network at home ? If so, you could use the ESPN app for any games on the ESPN networks that you would be able to watch at home on your cable package.

Think CBS works the same way. Though not entirely sure what kind of sign in requirements they would have since everyone should have access to regular CBS with an antenna.

And then there's the "sneaky" way. If you don't have a cable package, there's the not entirely "legal" route of signing in to the apps with someone else's login. Or that firstrow/frontrow dot whatever country they are routing through at the moment that has the streams of every sporting event you could think of including pay per views (that may take some google searching and random guessing game to get site exactly right).

If your on Verizon they just up their data package. I've got about 150g of hot spot available for the upcoming football season to use in the truck. Plus unlimited on 4 devices in the truck. Bring on SEC football baby.

You should be good to go with SiriusXM. Each conference has multiple channels for live broadcasts. They usually broadcast the home team's play by play (which can be annoying when the Vols are away).

You should be good to go with SiriusXM. Each conference has multiple channels for live broadcasts. They usually broadcast the home team's play by play (which can be annoying when the Vols are away).

Just stole my answer. I work as a LEO and I have it in my car. I get almost any power 5 game(and even other smaller conferences) that you can imagine. Should be up around the 200's - 300's channel. Just double check which Sirius XM package you have.

Also, sidenote, when renewal comes (if you pay every year, or 6 mo, etc) call them to cancel because of price and you can always talk them down. I've been talking them down to $25 for 6 mo of service for years.

Reactions: Boca Vol
Just stole my answer. I work as a LEO and I have it in my car. I get almost any power 5 game(and even other smaller conferences) that you can imagine. Should be up around the 200's - 300's channel. Just double check which Sirius XM package you have.

Also, sidenote, when renewal comes (if you pay every year, or 6 mo, etc) call them to cancel because of price and you can always talk them down. I've been talking them down to $25 for 6 mo of service for years.

This works...I've been doing the same thing. I don't get every channel but I get the ones I care about.

Reactions: NATHAN05

VN Store

Back