Can someone get a message to Coach Pruitt?

Postgame interview:

"Gotta give credit to EtowahVol. We wasnt gonna watch the tight end today, but someone told us about his post, and then we did, and that's how we won today, aight?"

source.gif

Nite worthy thread.... IMO
View attachment 311984

Okay, serious question from an out of touch, grumpy old man ... what is this? What does it mean? I've seen on here a lot the last couple of days, but I must've missed something.

Somebody help a fella out here without doing too much damage to my already fragile psyche.
Thanks.

Okay, serious question from an out of touch, grumpy old man ... what is this? What does it mean? I've seen on here a lot the last couple of days, but I must've missed something.

Somebody help a fella out here without doing too much damage to my already fragile psyche.
Thanks.
Warning: this is gonna feel like homework, there's quite a bit of reading involved. But:

NegaVol’s must shut up. Nite your post or don’t post!

Go Vols!

p.s. If niting posts hadn't become such an instant hit, another key phrase in that thread might have become famous. Something about folks inducing alcohol. "None induced here" could have become a VN.com favorite.

But Niting won out.

Last edited:
I also have a message if someone can relay it to Pruitt. I'm sure he doesn't know much Vol history, but Tennessee always loses games when the other team scores more points than we do. GA has been winning lots of games lately, and they have been scoring more points than the teams they play. They scored more points than Auburn last week and sure enough they won that game too. Please tell Coach Pruitt we need to score more points than UGA this weekend if we hope to win this game. Thank you.

All my best,

Carp (from Volnation)

Just got off the phone with Coach, he took a lot of notes on my description of the Tennessee/Georgia rivalry and the successful ways that the Dawgs have utilized Tight Ends against Tennessee. I scheduled a follow up call with him to discuss the smell of Sanford Stadium and how they fertilize the field with Uga's poo.......

Okay, so @tnutater in post 97 of the "Negavols must shut up. Nite your post or don't post" thread explained it thusly ... and I quote ... "Nite the post is the new standard reply to a negavol post that all the cool kids are using.
However.... to be official, it must include the Doug Atkins 91 seal."

So, there you have it.

I have almost arrived here on Volnation.
1) I now know what "niting a post" means.
2) I can peruse the RF without too much trouble, and they don't kick me out when I post.
3) I am expert GIF poster.

Now, if only I could learn how to quote more than one post in the reply box, and how to pull a qoute from another thread, I feel I would have officially arrived here on VolNation.

I need to make this negative so it'll count ... so ... I have not arrived! There, I said it!

4351505a-74d1-4620-8fb2-8303c8eb99c8-png.311507

Was this thread really needed? Im sure Pruitt is well aware of what needs to be done to stop UGA, and he is also well aware of Washington since he recruited him. Stupid thread is stupid.
OK I will call him back and tell him never mind feel like we wasted his time he should have film and coaches to help with these things

Reactions: SockeyeVol
Dang it! Now, after reading post 112 by @BeardedVol I realize I still don't have this Nited thing down ...

"I fear you may be confused on the @DougAtkins91 protocol, for the 'niting'of one's posts.

A properly nited post worthy of certification, is devoid of any language that could be construed as negative or disparaging, even to the point of bordering on a total loss of all objectivity.

Only then is that post nited properly, and worthy of @DougAtkins91 's seal of approval."

giphy.gif

Just got off the phone with Coach, he took a lot of notes on my description of the Tennessee/Georgia rivalry and the successful ways that the Dawgs have utilized Tight Ends against Tennessee. I scheduled a follow up call with him to discuss the smell of Sanford Stadium and how they fertilize the field with Uga's poo.......

Hey VC, try to schedule this followup BEFORE next Saturday's game. Tell Pruitt he also needs to watch out for any player whose position has "back" in it - these guys aren't going backwards, they are all actually trying to go FORWARDS.

Confusing, I know. But I feel it's really important he understands this.

Was this thread really needed? Im sure Pruitt is well aware of what needs to be done to stop UGA, and he is also well aware of Washington since he recruited him. Stupid thread is stupid.
I think Gus wished someone had told him how to defend UGA, and maybe some tips on how to score.

Thanks.
Warning: this is gonna feel like homework, there's quite a bit of reading involved. But:

NegaVol’s must shut up. Nite your post or don’t post!

Go Vols!

p.s. If niting posts hadn't become such an instant hit, another key phrase in that thread might have become famous. Something about folks inducing alcohol. "None induced here" could have become a VN.com favorite.

But Niting won out.
^^^^this.

I don't post much in the Football Forum but I like wandering in here to see what's going on. I've saw some pretty crazy threads in the FF. The VN fanbase is awesome.

*Here's a favorite of mine that still cracks me up. It got moved to the Pub but I was on here the night it got posted in the FF. I hope you enjoy this VN classic.....

Is anyone looking to carpool or split a room?

Dang it! Now, after reading post 112 by @BeardedVol I realize I still don't have this Nited thing down ...

"I fear you may be confused on the @DougAtkins91 protocol, for the 'niting'of one's posts.

A properly nited post worthy of certification, is devoid of any language that could be construed as negative or disparaging, even to the point of bordering on a total loss of all objectivity.

Only then is that post nited properly, and worthy of @DougAtkins91 's seal of approval."

giphy.gif

Ignore that one, Preacher. Bearded was just trying to put on a flame retardant suit in an effort to avoid being be-nited repeatedly himself. Foist on his own petard, so to speak. He was over-ruled. :)

VN Store

Back