Can someone exolain the aight.

My hearin' ain't that good so I stay away from videos. Didn't watch the presser. TIA.

It’s a word he prob uses here and there but his first press conference in live Tv , he got a little nervous and said it a hundred times after each sentence..... doubt we will hear it again, I’m sure his Wife and others told him

He is saying ain't but ain't ain't no word according to the English language who we fought in the American Revolution. This according to the 12 pack of Bush Beer I'm drinking that really is spelled Busch according to some posters! Go Vols! Win the Tennessee River! :p

He is saying alright, not ain't. Maybe you should change the beer you drink.

Reactions: 2 people
5f15076cba5b56f604b64d4f893a863a--funny-sayings-movie-quotes.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
A'ight is a nice catch phrase used by CJP and Vol fans love it. They will love it as long as he wins.

If he doesn't it's just another "brick by brick".

Actually, it's how we say alright over here

Not many of us go around saying Brick by Brick

Like we say y'all and some say you'ns

Reactions: 3 people
Jeff Foxworthy used it years ago

you might be redneck

Round lunch time every day, you'll hear somebody say
"hey didja eat yet, naw, didju? You'ant to. Aight."

I've heard it used many times in the south, and when I played mmo with a bunch of guys from Scotland.

Jeet?
No. jou?
No. Y'ont to?
Aight

Reactions: 2 people
It was a nervous tick in his presser like most people use “uhh” or “y’know”. I dont think it’s a habit for him though. I’ve listened to other interviews that are more one on one and he didn’t use it at all.

A'ight is not Southern, it's ebonic. Someone else pointed out "awright" as being Southern slang. Originally "aight" was Australian slang. Who cares what Pruitt is trying to say as long as the players get the message (and I guess their parents).

A'ight is not Southern, it's ebonic. Someone else pointed out "awright" as being Southern slang. Originally "aight" was Australian slang. Who cares what Pruitt is trying to say as long as the players get the message (and I guess their parents).

Aight not awright

Aight?

Scotland before Australia

He’s perfect.

Post of the most was

“I just tackled my Christmas Tree”

During a VN live blog post of the presser.

2nd place was:

“He’s got the media doing push ups!”

Reactions: 1 person
Imagine he speaks pretty clearly but on logical note, aite is probably something he does when he's nervous. Kind of like umm or well is used when people are nervous speaking but gives a damn!!? I'm glad we got a redneck as a coach. It's about damn time.

A nervous tick. Thank goodness someone else knows what that is. Has anyone else had to speak in public? A redneck coach HECK YEAH!

It's Appalachian english brought to us by the ulster Scots. If you look at Appalachia as a state Saban, Pruitt, Majors, Fulmer, and Spurrier, are all from the same state.

Reactions: 4 people
He is saying ain't but ain't ain't no word according to the English language who we fought in the American Revolution. This according to the 12 pack of Bush Beer I'm drinking that really is spelled Busch according to some posters! Go Vols! Win the Tennessee River! :p

Aint sayin aint.
Is sayin aight.
Like as in all right, aw right, or aw ight, ah ight, etc, etc, etc.

VN Store

Back