Can JT Shrout take the # 2 QB Spot?

So that game constitutes his whole time there? No games where he needed to make throws for them to stay close enough to win? BS

I hope HB is the second coming...but anyone who cant understand that throwing to guys who;

Always get open
Always break tackles
Can jump higher than the d-backs
Run faster than the d-backs

Is easier and pads qb stats than if the above isnt true...well they dont know much about sports

Reactions: 1vol8
I hope HB is the second coming...but anyone who cant understand that throwing to guys who;

Always get open
Always break tackles
Can jump higher than the d-backs
Run faster than the d-backs

Is easier and pads qb stats than if the above isnt true...well they dont know much about sports
Joe Montana sucked because Jerry Rice...even tho he already had two SB wins. Roger Roger sports!

Shrout is one of the most interesting QBs out there. Probably a top 5 arm in all of CFB. But accuracy and great decision-making can be difficult things to master. If he does master those, he's the best QB on the team.

Regardless, I'm feeling better about the QB situation now than I did in 2019 or 2018. Way more options.

Shrout is one of the most interesting QBs out there. Probably a top 5 arm in all of CFB. But accuracy and great decision-making can be difficult things to master. If he does master those, he's the best QB on the team.

Regardless, I'm feeling better about the QB situation now than I did in 2019 or 2018. Way more options.

If by "having options" you mean we have a full QB room, I'd agree, but so far the staff has yet to show they can actually develop a QB on the roster.

If by "having options" you mean we have a full QB room, I'd agree, but so far the staff has yet to show they can actually develop a QB on the roster.
If any QB at UT could be developed it would be JT and then HB because of the camp JT attended and got some great reviews. I know one of the coaches at that camp was shawn mcvay who is now HC of the rams and several more NFL QB coaches. Chaney has a pretty good track record of players making it to the league. I haven't fact-checked Weinke in that regard.Raw talent alone leads me to think HB will simply over-take JT and be the starter at UT in 2021. UT should be in decent shape at the qb spot for the next 3 years at least imo.

People tend to forget that shrout was a late bloomer, he only started 19 games in High School. He’s a guy with a lot more upside than people tend to believe. Would not Be a surprise to see him #2 on the depth chart with the arm he has. Overall, I think shrout has a better grasp of the offense and what Chaney wants to accomplish as well. As far as HB goes, he’s gonna have to learn a lot in a short period of time if he wants to make an impact this year. He’s behind the 8 ball due to circumstances out of his control. Eventually he will be the guy though, think we can all agree on that

People tend to forget that shrout was a late bloomer, he only started 19 games in High School. He’s a guy with a lot more upside than people tend to believe. Would not Be a surprise to see him #2 on the depth chart with the arm he has. Overall, I think shrout has a better grasp of the offense and what Chaney wants to accomplish as well. As far as HB goes, he’s gonna have to learn a lot in a short period of time if he wants to make an impact this year. He’s behind the 8 ball due to circumstances out of his control. Eventually he will be the guy though, think we can all agree on that
He is a redshirt SO . 2 years with Chaney has a arm like Bray.

Reactions: TrueVolsGBOInsider
If any QB at UT could be developed it would be JT and then HB because of the camp JT attended and got some great reviews. I know one of the coaches at that camp was shawn mcvay who is now HC of the rams and several more NFL QB coaches. Chaney has a pretty good track record of players making it to the league. I haven't fact-checked Weinke in that regard.Raw talent alone leads me to think HB will simply over-take JT and be the starter at UT in 2021. UT should be in decent shape at the qb spot for the next 3 years at least imo.

Maybe, but until we see QBs taking the next step forward under this staff, it's just postulation.

It's painful watching coaches in their second year, field a competent QB, and we are still debating the finer points of "passing efficiency" with Chaney, Martin, and Weinke on staff, going into year 3.

Joe Montana sucked because Jerry Rice...even tho he already had two SB wins. Roger Roger sports!
Geeze dude...where did i say he sucked? Read closely and you still wont find it

Im certain he is talented but also certain his hs numbers are more than a little bit the product of his teamates abilities

Geeze dude...where did i say he sucked? Read closely and you still wont find it

Im certain he is talented but also certain his hs numbers are more than a little bit the product of his teamates abilities
And I say their numbers are better because of him...ying and yang thing. Prove me wrong...DUDE!

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan

VN Store

Back