Can Fanbase Just not understand

That's what I'm saying, it shouldn't have to be generated. These kids have been playing all their lives to get to these moments and then you run out of the tunnel disinterested?
Maybe we are using words with a lot of room for interpretation. How about this...CJPs team starts slow and looks like it lacks confidence. Agreed?

This is why hate message boards, everyone thinks they are experts while sitting on their *** on their couch

Cool, then tell that to all the people who proclaimed Pruitt is "definitely the man" and "we now have a real coach!". If it takes time to turn it around, then it takes time to EARN praise.

I'm not sure anyone is asking for fans to "praise" this staff; however most fans seem to think Tennessee is a team that can compete with or beat decent to good teams. Heck right now Tennessee needs to be able to compete with and maybe beat bad power 5 teams...........and that is about as much as we can hope for.

Just too many fans acting surprised by WV and FL results, when no one should be.

I’m not pissed at the coaches, I’m pissed at the players for being idiots and turning the ball over 6 TIMES! At some point, UT football players are going to have to play as they are coached to play and win on the field. Ball protection is a skill that is emphasized by every coaching staff, including ours, at every practice. Our players just are not making it happen.

Exactly, and I'm sick of the self-rigtheous "holier than thou" fans preaching to everyone how they need to be patient, especially when most of the time they were the same people screaming down others in the preseason who were saying we wouldn't be good this year. Or yelling at others after the ETSU and UTEP games who said we still didn't look great. Now we get an ass kicking and they're all like "Stop complaining, be patient!"
honestly, i don't care about the coach at this point. he'll either win or he won't. it's game 4 of year 1. i'm not ready to write anyone off at this point.

but last night was really bad, that much i do know. and it's not getting better any time soon. we'll lose the next 4 for sure. we'll beat UNCC, and hang on for dear life for the last 3 games. but from what i've seen so far, MO and KY are more than a step ahead of us right now. so that leaves Vandy.

i don't see how this team builds confidence, or leadership, over the next month, at least not to the point where it matters a whole lot to the end of the season. plus, there's no telling what the health situation will be.

to say my optimsim has wained is putting it mildly.

Eh, platitudes are getting just as old to me. Kinda tired of hearing about it. I'll be happy when we actually show some results, until then...I don't really care to join you on that island. I've been saying we'll get there for years now and still have nothing to show for it.

Because you can't comment on the 4-hour train wreck of a football game we saw yesterday, unless you've coached Division II ball or higher?

Which is an ironic statement by that person, becuase it means they can't comment on the game either.

I'm not sure anyone is asking for fans to "praise" this staff; however most fans seem to think Tennessee is a team that can compete with or beat decent to good teams. Heck right now Tennessee needs to be able to compete with and maybe beat bad power 5 teams...........and that is about as much as we can hope for.

Just too many fans acting surprised by WV and FL results, when no one should be.

Lol, then you apparently haven't been paying attention around here.

Neither was old dominion, but what happened? You never know any given week.

giphy.gif

Coaches play a role as well. Weve seen the same team exit the tunnel for a month. The coach should know how to generate enthusiasm.

Maybe they are just so far lost and just want to get their college 'career' over with and get a regular job.

95% of the team seems to have a serious "I don't give a damn" attitude and it's depressing. It's not easy to change an attitude like this.

Like someone said: How are you not pumped against FL, at home, on ESPN?

At the end there were UT players who looked like they were happy. Like beyond good sportsmanship, but just happy to go back to their dorm or something. Should of been walking off the field with a sad face, not giggles.

ETA: It's obvious quite a few lack any form of UT pride.

Look yes I'm as angry as anyone, but at the end of the day, I'm still a vol through and through win or lose. But our Fanbase needs to come to reality and no that no body is going to take over a major program with a whole new staff from top to bottom, and as Very first year HC and win out! Do we want them too? Absolutely! But we need to know that it's going to take atleast two years. I firmly believe Pruitt will get it done with time, as we see last night he is very Passionate about winning! That's what he wants to do and he will. But if people think we can go every 3-4 years and change staff we will NEVER be elite again! I love this staff, I love this team, and I believe better players is on the horizon for the Vols. So let's as a fanbase pull together get behind it all and help get all these guys to a bowl game. The future is bright at UT!! GO VOLS!!
We got waxed by another first year coach with an equally difficult situation.

The more games we lose, the worse the situation was when Pruitt got here. That's called revisionist history.

We were a 1.5 dog to Florida. And now that we lost, y'all act like it was a foregone conclusion we had no chance.

By the time this season is over y'all will act like we had zero scholarship athletes when Pruitt got here.

If you're splitting hairs. But even still, I'd have to ask why said person "believe" he is the man, because it's still based on nothing but pure faith.

Pure faith, his coaching/recruiting history or faith in his coaching/recruiting history... What does it matter? It happens to be an opinion shared by many. Just as their are many who think he is a bad hire.. There’s nothing wrong with having an OPINION..

What gets old is people continually starting threads and arguing their opinion as FACT. He may be 'the man', he may be a bust, but it's a bit to early to tell......

In my opinion...

Reactions: VolsLady-in-FL
Mail in your resume and do better

You honestly think that a person needs to have coached ball to be able to look at the product on the field, and make a judgement call as to whether the team was prepared to play the game? Whether the play-calling was adequate? Whether or not the team played with discipline?

And I'm 100% certain, that I could have subbed for Helton yesterday, and called a better game than him.

Reactions: VolsLady-in-FL
Neither was old dominion, but what happened? You never know any given week.

This is a great point. The reality is that any given Saturday, any team can be upset. The problem is that this is where we are as a program. We have to hope for some random circumstance that gives us a chance to win. It's not pretty. That was a beatable Florida team but we are not a good (or even decent) football team. Winning as a coach is about giving your football team every possible chance/advantage to give them the opportunity to execute. It's going to take time to stack up the advantages, and it will take some time for this team to learn how to execute.

People believe Pruitt is suppose to come in and in a few months completely change 5 years of "Life Champions" mentality? Pruitt took over a team that has lost more players to attrition over the past 4 years than any other and also a team of players that have had no development. We don't have an Alabama, Georgia, Auburn or LSU roster here and we certainly don't completely have that mentality yet. It will take time and it is going to be painful but those who believe any coach could step into the mess Jones created and have much more success in this short amount of time, you are fooling yourself.

People believe Pruitt is suppose to come in and in a few months completely change 5 years of "Life Champions" mentality? Pruitt took over a team that has lost more players to attrition over the past 4 years than any other and also a team of players that have had no development. We don't have an Alabama, Georgia, Auburn or LSU roster here and we certainly don't completely have that mentality yet. It will take time and it is going to be painful but those who believe any coach could step into the mess Jones created and have much more success in this short amount of time, you are fooling yourself.
We have a roster comparable to UF.

Reactions: BeardedVol
I don’t think anyone expected us to win out. But we shouldn’t get blown out by a team that was just as bad a second us last year who also has a year 1 coach at home.

Reactions: BeardedVol
I don’t think anyone expected us to win out. But we shouldn’t get blown out by a team that was just as bad a second us last year who also has a year 1 coach at home.
Just wait till he gets his players and brooms out all the players the Mac ruined. Oh boy.

You honestly think that a person needs to have coached ball to be able to look at the product on the field, and make a judgement call as to whether the team was prepared to play the game? Whether the play-calling was adequate? Whether or not the team played with discipline?

And I'm 100% certain, that I could have subbed for Helton yesterday, and called a better game than him.

I love brilliant statements like this that can NEVER be backed up or proven..

You have literally NO idea what's going on in that locker room or at practice. You have NO clue what CJP and staff or the players, for that matter, are having to deal with and you still post this crap.. I have to admit that last sentance is just gold.. I've heard that statement made MANY times on here and I always get a good laugh out of it...

VN Store

Back