can coach jolley hire her husband?

She was asked the question and didn't answer. I would think he wants a job and would think she wants him on the job been with her for 15 years. I don't think they will get a lot of pressure from anywhere if they simply say they both report to AD Fulmer and neither supervise the other. I doubt anyone enforcing the law would want to push it on them. I am very eager to see who is on the staff very important.

Reactions: orangealways
brings up an interesting question ........

if your wife is the head coach of a women's basketball program, would you be ok with being on
staff working for her ? (possible legal issues taken into consideration)

He's been an assistant coach on all of her staffs. He'll report to a UTAD administrator, much like Monte Kiffin did when he was on Lane's staff.

I'm seriously not sure how this would be fair to other staff members. This could present a nepotism problem. Softball is much different than basketball. Assistants in softball are typically players who just finished eligibility so it doesn't matter. Basketball people are watching. I'm sure she would treat him different than the rest of the staff and behind closed doors he would be helping to call the shots. I think this will limit the pool of quality assistants. This isn't DII or small time ball here. This is more inbred hiring practices.

Last edited:
According to some posters on the Mo. St. site, Jon is a really good post coach. Let's give him a chance too.

I saw those comments, too. According to them, the post play improved quite a bit under his tutelage.

I know that their freshman post this past season, Jasmine Franklin, was a total beast on the boards.

I like the hire , she will be a huge upgrade Vol fans will get see a team exciting to watch and well coached ......................GO VOLS

I played Jon in community league and we always matched up on each other. Kelly played point and they were both just great. I’m a former b-ball player, post in high school, sf in college but center on community league. We lost to their team in the championship. It was close but they had those two, and a former Western Carolina standout.
Jon is just a nice guy and a hard working player on the court. With all his moves, and experience, I’d see him being a great coach. All the other potential issues, heck I don’t know but I’m just saying he’s a baller.

VN Store

Back