Can Chandler drive to the basket?

Dougie_D

Lamonte was the last player on our team that seemed to drive to the basket. That’s our key in this offense. Will Chandler be able to do that?

Everyone else has to drive during transitional fast breaks.

Keon and Springer ALWAYS stops under the basket. It was terribly obvious

I believe it was Jerry Meyer of 24/7 that said Chandler reminds him of Eric Bledsoe. So, if that comparison is anywhere close he will be explosive in getting to the rim

Reactions: brockytop
I believe it was Jerry Meyer of 24/7 that said Chandler reminds him of Eric Bledsoe. So, if that comparison is anywhere close he will be explosive in getting to the rim
Yes, he can and does get to the rim and is very proficient. He shoots the 3, and he dishes to his teammates. I've watched several of his games and we are getting the real deal.

yes, the real question is will Barnes let him "Drive and Dish" to a shooter (whoever that might be).

Reactions: Catbone
If we can’t shoot, it won’t matter. Clog the lane just like teams started doing this year. That made Springer and Keon ineffective and it will be the same for Chandler. Gotta find some consistent outside shooting.

The film clip that appeared on this very fan website showed this kid can do it all for the PG position. I think some feel that CRB has found another TJ Ford. He'll be fun to watch. Having said that it will be nice if CRB can add transfer Shooting Guard who can shoot 3's and a big who can rebound and score inside.

Reactions: SlyStone
Watched Chandler’s team beat Montverde and he sure looked like he could get to the rim in that game. Also an unselfish player with quickness and speed TN’s rarely had at PG.

We need to get a shooter first. Should be priority #1 in the transfer market.
No, Rim Protection and Rebounding BIG(s) is priority #1. Vescovi and Bailey return and with off season workouts should improve in the area of shooting. An additional shooter wouldn't hurt, but think who we have returning as our BIGS.

If we can’t shoot, it won’t matter. Clog the lane just like teams started doing this year. That made Springer and Keon ineffective and it will be the same for Chandler. Gotta find some consistent outside shooting.
Keon and Springer never dished it out. Vescovi would but he didn’t drive towards basket as much this year

Reactions: jarnol32
A person currently in the SEC I’d compare him to is Scottie Pippen jr. KC has more athleticism, I have confidence he’ll be able to use his quickness to get to the rim and draw fouls at a high clip like Pippen jr does.

Lol go watch his highlights. He will be breaking every one down next year easily.

A person currently in the SEC I’d compare him to is Scottie Pippen jr. KC has more athleticism, I have confidence he’ll be able to use his quickness to get to the rim and draw fouls at a high clip like Pippen jr does.

Ehh, I don’t see it.

I think Chandler is more polished coming out of high school than Pippen Jr was.

A bigger Tyler Ulis is a better comparison.

VN Store

Back