Cameron Tatum

Um please don't go there. I am Meule. I can assure you. Anyway, Cameron Tatum is a serious talent. I can't wait to see him in a vols uniform.

He's alot more athletic than Marques. Watch one of his films before making that assessment. I'd also love to hear you say that to Pearl and his staff. He's almost 6'8, has great length, and he has a pretty nice vertical.

Are you talking about Tatum? Isn't he closer to 6'5"?

hes talking about Prince

Thanks. I just watched a couple of videos (from high school, looks like), and even though that was against shorter, high school players, he looked much more like a swing player than a point guard. He just didn't seem quick enough to play point.

yeah, Prince and Tatum are both gonna be swing men for the vols.. Prince would only be PG if Ramar and his backup had alot of fouls or sumthin..

This guy is a stud he can shot lights out...He will take over for Loften until a guy in the 08 class beats him out...

Pass whatever you're smoking this way - Howell was burnt by every competent PG he tried to defend. It seemed like he got better because he played less and less.

Let me try to explain...I agree he got burnt a lot because he just doesn't have the athleticism to shut down a lot of the SEC guards, but when I compare his defense from last year to this year...it has improved dramatically. I think Jordan has high bball IQ b/c he can't rely on his athleticism. Look at Ramar, for example...he is quite the athlete and in no way does Jordan compare to him. But Ramar constantly couldn't defend the ball screen and got beat on the long ball. Both are good defenders and both will only get better. To my defense, I believe jordan has "proven" himself capable of defending SEC guards. If Pearl doesn't think he can guard them, he wouldn't be on the court (i.e., Marques Johnson couldn't and thats why he didn't play). I'm not saying Jordan is a shut down defender, but he has proven himself capable.

Let me try to explain...I agree he got burnt a lot because he just doesn't have the athleticism to shut down a lot of the SEC guards, but when I compare his defense from last year to this year...it has improved dramatically. I think Jordan has high bball IQ b/c he can't rely on his athleticism. Look at Ramar, for example...he is quite the athlete and in no way does Jordan compare to him. But Ramar constantly couldn't defend the ball screen and got beat on the long ball. Both are good defenders and both will only get better. To my defense, I believe jordan has "proven" himself capable of defending SEC guards. If Pearl doesn't think he can guard them, he wouldn't be on the court (i.e., Marques Johnson couldn't and thats why he didn't play). I'm not saying Jordan is a shut down defender, but he has proven himself capable.

You must be J. Howell's relative.

I just don't think that Howell has SEC level ability.

Of course, Pearl has done good things with players that are less than SEC talents (Bradshaw). I just think that if there are more athletic options available (Prince), Pearl will use them. Whether he can learn to run the point or not remains to be seen, but I think he'll see a little time there when he comes into the rotation unless Pearl finds three players he thinks can run it efficiently. Also, I'm eager to see what Prince looks like after practicing under Pearl for a year. Pearl gets everything out of his players, and I believe that Prince will have a much more complete game by the time he steps out wearing orange.

You must be J. Howell's relative.

Nope, I'm not related at all, but I do know hard work when I see it. Jordan had a calming affect for the team running the point, but Ramar learned the position quickly and proved that he will be one of the better SEC pgs next year. I'll be the first to admit that Jordan doesn't have SEC athleticism neither did Bradshaw, but I think those kids worked their butts off and I give credit where credit is due. All I'm saying is that if BP didn't think Jordan could defend, he wouldn't be out there.

Also, Prince will be a great player. With added confidence and muscle to that frame, we're gonna see a freak of an athlete. I have no doubt in the kid's skills at pg, but I don't think he will see much time there. He will quickly be our most versatile player.

R. Smith (best pg in the SEC next year)
Lofton (1st team all american next year)
J. Smith (all SEC next year - probably third team)
Crews
Chism (all SEC Freshman team)

Who's spot is he going to take? I hope he's good enough to start. That would mean he's a heck of a player. My guess is he'll take JuJuan's spot - after he graduates.

LOL @ you doubting the Great One, Ronald Steele :birgits_giggle:

I just don't think that Howell has SEC level ability.

Of course, Pearl has done good things with players that are less than SEC talents (Bradshaw). I just think that if there are more athletic options available (Prince), Pearl will use them. Whether he can learn to run the point or not remains to be seen, but I think he'll see a little time there when he comes into the rotation unless Pearl finds three players he thinks can run it efficiently. Also, I'm eager to see what Prince looks like after practicing under Pearl for a year. Pearl gets everything out of his players, and I believe that Prince will have a much more complete game by the time he steps out wearing orange.

I'm trying not to be too optimistic. When he takes the floor in January, he will be competing against guys who have been playing since the start of the season.

There is speculation that Ronald will declare soon. Even if he does return, he'll have to upgrade his play from last season if he wants to be the best point guard in the league. He was fantastic during his sophmore campaign. But he wasn't quite healthy which hurt his play this season. We'll see if decides to come back next year. Some say he's going, others say he's returning to restore his value.

There is speculation that Ronald will declare soon. Even if he does return, he'll have to upgrade his play from last season if he wants to be the best point guard in the league. He was fantastic during his sophmore campaign. But he wasn't quite healthy which hurt his play this season. We'll see if decides to come back next year. Some say he's going, others say he's returning to restore his value.

But you were still wrong. Just admit it and move on

VN Store

Back