Cameron Tatum

tclowers23

Has he already qualified? I can see him splitting time with JaJuan Smith next season, so I was just wondering if he's even going to make it to Knoxville.

Fully qualified and I would think he is the main backup at the 3 until Prince is eligible. Then it depends on if Prince lives up to the hype.

I also see Cameron in the rotation as a 2. He's a pretty versatile on the offensive end. But he'll probably back Jujuan at the 3 most of the time. Given our depth next season, there's alot of possibilities with our personnel that we can use.

I also see Cameron in the rotation as a 2. He's a pretty versatile on the offensive end. But he'll probably back Jujuan at the 3 most of the time. Given our depth next season, there's alot of possibilities with our personnel that we can use.

he'll start out backing up Jajuan at the 3 most of the time and then comin in at the 2 at other times and once he shows how good he can score playing about 18 minutes a game he'll be starting by February maybe even mid january... MARK MY WORD.. i want everyone to remember this too

I know Pearl says that we are going to have more options with a traditional big lineup, but I just don't see it. I just see more of what we did last year with better execution, more depth, and better athletes.

Let's just put it this way, he will be in our rotation as a wing. The 2 and the 3 have alot of the same duties in Pearl's system.

he'll start out backing up Jajuan at the 3 most of the time and then comin in at the 2 at other times and once he shows how good he can score playing about 18 minutes a game he'll be starting by February maybe even mid january... MARK MY WORD.. i want everyone to remember this too

There is no way he will start. Unless you think he will take Jajuan Smith's starting spot (who will be a senior so there's no way that will happen either)

Tatum will be good.. I think when Prince comes back in January, We could actually see Josh Tabbs minutes drop bigtime.. Cuz Tatum is really really talented.. and if Prince is what he's hyped up to be.. he'll be the backup 2 or 3 and will get more PT than Tabb.. Even tho Tabb is an excellent defender...

R. Smith (best pg in the SEC next year)
Lofton (1st team all american next year)
J. Smith (all SEC next year - probably third team)
Crews
Chism (all SEC Freshman team)

Who's spot is he going to take? I hope he's good enough to start. That would mean he's a heck of a player. My guess is he'll take JuJuan's spot - after he graduates.

I believe Tabb and Howell will see little meaningful minutes. I really like Tabb, though. :(

Bruce Pearl will find ways to get those guys PT.

Tabb will always get lots of minutes. He'll eventually might even start because of his lights out defense. Even if he doesn't his production still won't drop much because basically we are going to lose one player and we are gaining two, so it's not that big of a deal. Besides our rotation was thinner than BP would have liked it this year.

So we're going to give 10-11 guys plenty of PT? I doubt it.

Yes, if they prove themselves. More bodies means better press.

If Tabb does what is asked during the off season his minutes will not drop, instead may increase.
Pearl is already impressed with Prince, Tatum will not start ahead of Smith and there is all kinds of possibilities with the players after January, which Tatum will have until then to prove himself.
Also in certain situation Chism can slide to the 5 and either Prince or Tatum can play the 4 in spurts.

Tabb will get plenty of playing time. He's one of our best defensive players. I really believe he is pretty good on offense also, just needs more confidence. He has an extremely quick move to the basket. Just needs to do it more often.

I heard that Lofton will work on his ball handling skills during the off season and Pearl plans on letting him playing some PG to improve his NBA chances. If this is true and he is successful, then I think when Prince is available, then Howell will get probably 5 minutes a game.

Mark my words, Cameron Tatum will not start next year barring an injury to someone else. He may be good, but he is not all-sec or all-american good, so why start him in front of someone who will be all-american or someone who will be all-sec and the best defensive player we have to boot?

Mark my words, Cameron Tatum will not start next year barring an injury to someone else. He may be good, but he is not all-sec or all-american good, so why start him in front of someone who will be all-american or someone who will be all-sec and the best defensive player we have to boot?

to be fair, there were games we started childress and tabb.

So we're going to give 10-11 guys plenty of PT? I doubt it.

why not... we had 9 guys play atleast 18 minutes a game this season and if Tony Passley could have taken advantage of his opportunity it would have been 10, so the way i c it we lose one (bradshaw) and gain 3 in Prince, Tatum, and Williams and maybe Manny Harris... so that gives us 10 or 11 guys who could potentially play atleast 15 minutes a game

Here's what I think the likely rotation will be:

Starters (Backups)
G- Ramar Smith, So. (Jordan Howell, Sr.)
G- Chris Lofton, Sr. (Josh Tabb, So.)
G- JaJuan Smith, Sr. (Cameron Tatum, Fr.)
F- Duke Crews, So. (Ryan Childress, Jr.)
F- Wayne Chism, So. (Brian Williams, Fr.)

J.P. Prince will see a little PT at one of the guard positions once he's eligible. I don't think he completely takes away Tatum's backup role, though. Also, I'm not sure how much Brian Williams will play, but he'll get a chance to backup Chism or Crews.

Pearl would love to have a set rotation of 10 guys like this. He's done it since his days at Southern Indiana. I don't think he'll play 11 guys consistently, so that's going to leave out either Prince, Williams, or Tatum. I think Tatum ends up of the All-SEC Freshmen squad, so my guess is that either Prince or Williams won't see significant PT.

I think that Prince will take the backup PG spot once he is eligible. He's a former McDonald's AA, and I've read that Pearl has been impressed with his performance in practices. I don't think that Howell will be completely out of the rotation, but I think that he'll be used very sparingly once Prince gets on the court. I'm sure that Pearl will use any player he thinks can compete at a SEC level, because more depth means a more effective press.

I think that Prince will take the backup PG spot once he is eligible. He's a former McDonald's AA, and I've read that Pearl has been impressed with his performance in practices. I don't think that Howell will be completely out of the rotation, but I think that he'll be used very sparingly once Prince gets on the court. I'm sure that Pearl will use any player he thinks can compete at a SEC level, because more depth means a more effective press.

Pearl won't use 3 PGs. Take a look at what happened with the Marques Johnson situation. Also, I'm not sure Prince can play PG in the SEC. However, I would like to see someone bump Howell out of the rotation.

Pearl won't use 3 PGs. Take a look at what happened with the Marques Johnson situation. Also, I'm not sure Prince can play PG in the SEC. However, I would like to see someone bump Howell out of the rotation.

I'm not 100% sold on Prince at PG either, but I think that his natural ability alone could beat out Howell.

Prince will not likely see time at the PG spot. He will see time on the wing like Tatum. I do not think he sees as many minutes as Tatum though.

VN Store

Back