Cam Sutton getting his first start

Great news for Tom Brady.
GlitteringActualBighornsheep.gif

Reactions: 3 people
A “fact” that Sutton starting is “good news for Tom Brady”? :huh:

Generally speaking its good for any opposing QB when a rookie is guarding your #1 WR getting his first start in late December. Especially true for Tom Brady. Im not even a Pats fan. I hate them. Nothing against Cam I loved him as a Vol and think he will be a good player. Just think he might take some lumps this game.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Generally speaking its good for any opposing QB when a rookie is guarding your #1 WR getting his first start in late December. Especially true for Tom Brady. Im not even a Pats fan. I hate them. Nothing against Cam I loved him as a Vol and think he will be a good player. Just think he might take some lumps this game.

Yet you take a shot at him. Got it.

Cam played really well. Not perfect. He let Brandon Cook catch a short TD pass but he was all over it. Just a great play by Brady and Cooks. Overall Tom Brady avoided Cam's side the whole game even though he was playing one on one press man coverage with no safety help. The guys who were getting burned all night were Artie Burns and Sean Davis.

Cam Sutton and Mike Hilton are the only DBs on the Steelers worth anything.

I didnt take a shot at him.

Although he did just give up a TD. He has held his own this game.

He more than held his own. Tom Brady was picking on everyone else. He pretty much avoided Cam the whole game even though Cam was playing man to man press coverage on Brandin Cooks the whole game without safety help.

[twitter]https://twitter.com/TheGunnRange/status/942544630389846018[/twitter]

The Steelers and Patriots treated Cam like a shut down corner. Patriots avoided him and the Steelers rotated safety help from his side to help out Artie Burns who was getting burned.

As I said last week, once Joe Haden comes back it'll be Artie Burns heading to the bench and Cam starting.

He more than held his own. Tom Brady was picking on everyone else. He pretty much avoided Cam the whole game even though Cam was playing man to man press coverage on Brandin Cooks the whole game without safety help.

[twitter]https://twitter.com/TheGunnRange/status/942544630389846018[/twitter]

The Steelers and Patriots treated Cam like a shut down corner. Patriots avoided him and the Steelers rotated safety help from his side to help out Artie Burns who was getting burned.

As I said last week, once Joe Haden comes back it'll be Artie Burns heading to the bench and Cam starting.

Found D4H on Twitter...

Reactions: 1 person
What a game! I thought Cam played a good game, he had tight coverage on that one TD, nothing you can do about those. Patriots still have a few miracles to scatter about, unbelievable.

What a game! I thought Cam played a good game, he had tight coverage on that one TD, nothing you can do about those. Patriots still have a few miracles to scatter about, unbelievable.

I was most impressed by the fact Brady rarely looked his way. He was attacking Artie Burns (1st round pick in 2016) and Sean Davis (2nd round pick in 2016).

And Cam was mostly on an island. Didn't see the safety rotating to his side to help.

Cam just needs to get a lil stronger so he can be more physical in the run game and jamming guys at the line. Mentally he's ready for the NFL.

Did cam ever get stuck one in one with Gronk? Let’s not kid ourselves. Brady wasn’t avoiding Sutton, he was simply targeting his workhorse, the unstoppable Rob Gronkowski.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back