Cal's Teleconference Today

One could fill an entire page on here with all of the awful nonconference losses for the SEC this season. The good out of league wins would take about one paragraph.

Another factual statement. The only good non-conference wins I can think of are Texas, Oklahoma, Georgetown and Marquette, and two teams are responsible for those wins.

Yeah, you're right. I was thinking only of the top half. Kentucky is playing about as well as anyone in the country right now. Florida and Arkansas are no slouches.
KY is playing well because they're playing SEC competition, which helps tremendously.

Arkansas is awful. Don't let the TX and OK wins fool you. UF's lame schedule is the only thing propping them up at this point. UF is an awful defensive team and very young. Loss at SC the other night wasn't just a fluke.

KY is playing well because they're playing SEC competition, which helps tremendously.

Arkansas is awful. Don't let the TX and OK wins fool you. UF's lame schedule is the only thing propping them up at this point. UF is an awful defensive team and very young. Loss at SC the other night wasn't just a fluke.
Arkansas lost to Ole Miss. That's all I need to know about them. LSU got skulled by a merely decent Utah team. The West is comically bad. Florida still has yet to do anything of note.

Another factual statement. The only good non-conference wins I can think of are Texas, Oklahoma, Georgetown and Marquette, and two teams are responsible for those wins.

USCjr knocked off Baylor... but not sure what that means at this point... sure Baylor is ranked - but who have they played thus far in the big 12? Nebraska?

I agree. How the hell did they do that?

Not really. I'm in the mood to let idiotic comments like that just hang in cyberspace and expose the poster as the mental invalid he is. I would, however, like to see him produce a single piece of evidence implicating John Calipari in wrongdoing regarding the recruitment of Marcus Camby.

LoL.. Ignorance is bliss.

Anyone who thinks Cal can't pull the plug on the UT series at his whim is sadly mistaken. Also, I love when people who I'm quite certain have never had a meaningful conversation with the man say what he would or would not do professionally.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Hat, you are 100% correct here. Everyone knows that Cal has wanted this game played in Nashville for $$ and other reasons. He also said publicly 3-4 years ago that he wants to play opponents of National interest not regional. As long as UT has interest from a National perspective (i.e. Top 25 and a National TV game), the series will probably continue. Had BP not resurrected the Vols to national prominence, I believe this series would have been killed like the Mississippi and Arkansas series. If UT slides back into mediocrity, the series could end quickly ala the Mississippi buyout last year. That game was replaced with the Georgetown game which holds the attendance record at FEF.

Reading your 30k posts. Yeah.. Time to go outside.

I can assure you that there are plenty of us with an exorbitant amount of posts that live completely full and happy lives outside of the board. Pulling post counts into an argument is irrelevant and vacuous to boot.

1. He doesn't have to sign them so long as Tennessee doesn't. Elliot Williams and Leslie McDonald leaving for Duke and Carolina is better than either signing with Tennessee.

2. And I couldn't care less about my "credibility" around here.

1. If Cal is interested in Final Four appearances and a NC, which I think he is, do you think Tennessee is more likely to be in his way than Duke and UNC?

2. This is a good thing.

I know this is quite old, but have they said anything else about the games against duke and Kansas? As far as when they will be played that is....thanks!

I can assure you that there are plenty of us with an exorbitant amount of posts that live completely full and happy lives outside of the board. Pulling post counts into an argument is irrelevant and vacuous to boot.

Speak for yourself, emain. My entire purpose in being revolves around playing online backgammon and posting on VN, and sometimes I think backgammon just isn't all that important :good!:

VN Store

Back