Calloway ejected

We dont know what was going on on plays previous to this particular one, I cant believe Akron's player swiping him just once would draw that kind of reaction from him, it was probably a on going ordeal and he finally lost his Sh*t over it, bad look but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Reactions: 4chrissy
Some of y’all act like you have never had a lapse in judgment like Calloway did before. Hopefully Coach will punish but not write him off. You have somebody hanging from your face mask and yapping at you, be interesting to see how easy it would be for you to turn the other cheek. Probably the same people who still be hating on Jeremy Banks screaming the loudest for Calloway to be dismissed.

Totally agree Freak! Stupid, for sure. Should he be more disciplined, yes. But, to be honest, there’s a little part of me that likes to see that kind of fight/anger/desire from our team. We just haven’t had enough fight the past 15 years.

Our guys back in the 90s were far from choir boys. The guys who want Calloway gone would have kicked off half the 98 team!
Guys in 98 was all balances and would take you on 1 on 1 to beat you individually... They looked at the team as the goal tho rather than go absolute Idiot when he was basically in the doghouse since early last year

Akron being dirty got them a couple more bombs to rub it in.

However, Calloway has told to block and can’t seem to do it without punching. Dumb players like this will get you beat. He needs to be at bottom of depth chart and earn it from here. And if he doesn’t, then boot him.
Agree Akron was taking cheap shots and the DB definitely started it. Calloway will probably lose some playing time until he shows he can play smarter. Can’t see any punishment beyond that at this point.

Reactions: LadyVolette
Game well in hand and the staff was looking at putting everybody on the field in mop up duty, letting the full playbook be used and this guy decides to start swinging on offense like a middle schooler. We've got plenty of talent at wide receiver, I'd sit him until November and use that as a specific and general deterrent for this team such that Heup keeps a lid on this kind of stuff, particularly as we move into games that really matter. Heup is making as much as Ricky Barnes now, need kids that can stay composed and a few that can play tight pass defense in the secondary.

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly
Calloway shouldn’t see the field after that. Finally sees the field and makes a couple catches and then that.

Callaway needs a safe word - road rage doesn't begin to describe his tirade :) He needs to quite football and try MMA.

I'm pretty sure most of us sided with JJ over Butch or Hoke, I can't even recall which one of those dumbasses thought it was a good idea to kick him off for being right.
Not to bring it up, but there was another incident …Vandy game with JJ, and I love JJ, but remember that? (Was it a face stomp/an accidental step on the face?) Lol.. There was a schism about that one on here as well.. however coaches and teammates decide to handle it is good enough for me

Last edited:
He needs to be out for at least 1 game, it was more than just punch he was straight up boxing Lol. At the same time there was not real harm done. Thats why I think any more than 3 games would be extreme.

Reactions: LadyVolette

VN Store

Back