Calling on big Jim Haslam

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's happened. So, how were all those influential decisions since they fired Phil?
At the time Phil was removed it was quite a popular decision. Nobody could predict how it turned out. Many posters here and on other boards were calling for Phil's ouster years prior to it actually happening. It is my memory - perhaps woefully degraded - that Haslam wished to forestall the firing for some time.
With a family member President of the Alumni Association and advisor to the Board of Trustees - close friends with Boling and Johnson, there was a lot of talk about the situation. Lot's of influential money people on different sides of the issue.

But all that's well beside the point. DO YOU WANT HOLLY TO REMAIN AS COACH? I certainly don't and I'm willing to promote any idea that might see her replaced NOW - the perfect NCAAT record is worth trying to save. Holy's gone - either now or end of year and financially it doesn't make a dollar's worth of difference.

Last edited:
I just looked it up. Wow he really is retiring. And with the support and following Bill Haslam has I wouldn’t be shocked if he did run in 2020 and win the seat by a landslide. Dude will be in politics for life...

Reactions: aurabass
Please call Phil Fulmer and clue him in on the benefits of changing coaches midseason. When Haslam fired Jackson in favor of Kitchens the lowly Browns responded with a 5 and 2 end of season run.
If we want to preserve our perfect NCAAT record something must be done now. No way to know for sure but staying with Holly is certain disaster.
Go with Dean Sharrona or Bridgette and shake things up. It cannot possibly be worse than this
Why would he take any advice from the worst ownership group in sports ?!

Reactions: T_Vol376
Why would he take any advice from the worst ownership group in sports ?!
Because Haslam changed coaches midseason with excellent results - promoting an assistant to HC in the interim.
The same situation applies with Holly. That's the only reason this big time UT donor's experience is relevant to this specific situation.
It has nothing to do with anything else - his massive success with Pilot Oil or his troubles as Browns owner.

FYI Gregg Williams was the interim HC. Fred Kitchens has NO Record yet

G W has left for jets

Because Haslam changed coaches midseason with excellent results - promoting an assistant to HC in the interim.
The same situation applies with Holly. That's the only reason this big time UT donor's experience is relevant to this specific situation.
It has nothing to do with anything else - his massive success with Pilot Oil or his troubles as Browns owner.
I don't look at Pilot Oil and a felony indictment as a success.....LOL. Fall Guy

Reactions: VolDaddy61
Apples to Oranges......it will be 3 + months with an interim coach and we will end up paying Holly more than she deserves if we fire her Mid season......

...says the people who are so knowledgeable that they didn’t know that Senator Alexander announced his retirement over a month ago and that former governor Bill Haslam has said that he will make an announcement about whether he will run for that seat in March.

Why? It’s the truth!

VN Store

Back