Calipari Whining AGAIN!

As a Tiger alum, Bball season ticket holder, and donor I agree and :machgun:approve this message. The only thing that could save the FB program is getting into a BCS conference and the $$ that follow. If this doesn't happen in the next 5-10 years, FB should be put down. Tickets are cheap yet crowds are only in the 20-30K range with alot of those being discounted or giveaways. Just not alot of interest in watching SMU, Tulane, and the likes of CUSA.

Please, lord, don't let me hear or read that phrase for at least another 3 years. Preferably a lifetime. :p

The attendance at the UT game last year was no more or less than Gtown, Arizona, Gonzaga, or UAB for that matter. Maybe more than SMU.

Season was sold out last year.There is a wait list for lower level and club level. Maybe a few (50-100) nose bleeds available.

I don't know exact numbers, but I'd bet a coke that the UT game last season set an attendance record for the forum.

And that was last year anyway. What are the big home games this season for the tigers?

I don't know exact numbers, but I'd bet a coke that the UT game last season set an attendance record for the forum.

And that was last year anyway. What are the big home games this season for the tigers?

"Last season, Memphis had nine games that drew over 17,500, including a FedExForum record crowd of 18,864 for the Tigers' thrilling 85-71 win over Georgetown."

- from U of M blogsite.

Prefer a red/white and blue Coke also known as Budweiser.

I saw where Michael Jordan's son had Memphis on his list of 5 potential schools.

He can't go to an adidas school. I talked to him, my cousin goes to his extremely fancy (very much so sponsored by Jordan....which includes Jordan Brand Volleyballs for the team, and other ridiculous brand placement) And any Adidas Sponsored School cannot offer him a scholarship. NCAA could fine or penalize the university of recruiting for money based purposes. Since Derek Rose, and Now Mayo last year, they aren't letting these companies rule teenagers. He will end up at Iowa, Iowa State, DePaul, or Penn State. and he also wants to play with teammate Chris Colvin, but won't base his decision off of that.

He can't go to an adidas school. I talked to him, my cousin goes to his extremely fancy (very much so sponsored by Jordan....which includes Jordan Brand Volleyballs for the team, and other ridiculous brand placement) And any Adidas Sponsored School cannot offer him a scholarship. NCAA could fine or penalize the university of recruiting for money based purposes. Since Derek Rose, and Now Mayo last year, they aren't letting these companies rule teenagers. He will end up at Iowa, Iowa State, DePaul, or Penn State. and he also wants to play with teammate Chris Colvin, but won't base his decision off of that.
That is absolutely, 100% wrong.

That is absolutely, 100% wrong.

No it isn't. I have physically spoken to the man. He will not be going to adidas. Unless he wants to walk on, which I guess wouldn't be bad money wise. Jeffrey did it at Illinois. Marcus will not be attending a Adidas University.

No it isn't. I have physically spoken to the man. He will not be going to adidas. Unless he wants to walk on, which I guess wouldn't be bad money wise. Jeffrey did it at Illinois. Marcus will not be attending a Adidas University.
I'll bet any amount of money I know just a little bit more about NCAA rules than young Mr. Jordan. Also, it would be a blatant violation of federal antitrust laws for the NCAA to even attempt to enact such legislation, which they never have and never will. That's a cop out used by the kid to keep from admitting that daddy doesn't want adidas to have the satisfaction of using his kid as a de facto marketing tool.

I'll bet any amount of money I know just a little bit more about NCAA rules than young Mr. Jordan. Also, it would be a blatant violation of federal antitrust laws for the NCAA to even attempt to enact such legislation, which they never have and never will. That's a cop out used by the kid to keep from admitting that daddy doesn't want adidas to have the satisfaction of using his kid as a de facto marketing tool.

Either way he is going to a Nike school. He was all but set to head down to Champaign, but all our scholarships went out of the window. And unless he wants to take his brothers walk on spot he is out of luck. I'm guessing Iowa State, or Penn State and he goes to either one with Colvin. And Cully Payne is also receiving those schools offers lately, so it could be a Chicago 3 star Dream for one lucky Mid Major.

Either way he is going to a Nike school. He was all but set to head down to Champaign, but all our scholarships went out of the window. And unless he wants to take his brothers walk on spot he is out of luck. I'm guessing Iowa State, or Penn State and he goes to either one with Colvin. And Cully Payne is also receiving those schools offers lately, so it could be a Chicago 3 star Dream for one lucky Mid Major.
As of yesterday, Memphis is a Nike school.

I don`t know anything about Jordan. Is he inny good?
Not really. Bringing him in would be like USC bringing in Lil' Romeo. Nice publicity, no production. However, good press is more contribution than most schools get out of their 13th scholarship.

"Last season, Memphis had nine games that drew over 17,500, including a FedExForum record crowd of 18,864 for the Tigers' thrilling 85-71 win over Georgetown."

- from U of M blogsite.

Prefer a red/white and blue Coke also known as Budweiser.

I didn't believe you. But sure enough, Yahoo sports lists the UT game attendance at 18,389 and the Georgetown attendance at 18,864.

If I recall the GTown game was early in the morning too, versus a Saturday night game vs. UT.

I owe you a coke at the UT-MEM game next year since there's not a game on the Tigers home schedule that interests me enough to attend one this year.

I didn't believe you. But sure enough, Yahoo sports lists the UT game attendance at 18,389 and the Georgetown attendance at 18,864.

If I recall the GTown game was early in the morning too, versus a Saturday night game vs. UT.

I owe you a coke at the UT-MEM game next year since there's not a game on the Tigers home schedule that interests me enough to attend one this year.
Syracuse, Cincinnati, UAB, UTEP, and Southern Miss are all worth the price of admission for an actual college basketball fan.

VN Store

Back