Cal to Arkansas

Well there is a lot to consider in that respect but without reading the contract extension and knowing what we lost as oppose to her old contract. Honestly I don’t care to look it up, and I really don’t want to debate with ppl over how good of an AD Danny White is, especially compared to what we had.

No sir this a fruitless debate
I like what DW has brought to our program. But I was responding to someone who basically said he walks on water and anyone who questions his decisions is less than smart.

I like what DW has brought to our program. But I was responding to someone who basically said he walks on water and anyone who questions his decisions is less than smart.
I never said that but if you look turbovol’s posting history it’s not worth rebuttal because every point he makes is almost always negative…

Anything he can do at Kentucky, he can do at Bama (and already has done, for the most part)

Kentucky is not built to win a bidding war with the Saban Money Printer.
Not sure I agree with that. Bama just made their first F4 after 113 years as a program.

UK has 17 F4s and 8 titles, and unlike some schools with multiple titles (Florida, for example), their success has spanned multiple decades. It's timeless and their history, legacy, and status as the gold standard for college basketball sells itself.

Suggesting the same coach has the same potential at those two respective places isn't reality.

Oats is doing great at Bama, but he unlocks a whole different level of potential at a place like UK. Kentucky also hit the proverbial lottery by escaping the buyout albatross in Cal's contract. Money won't be a hurdle for them, especially in light of escaping that financial hit. Bama isn't afraid to pony up money, but they aren't going to hamstring their athletic department by overpaying a basketball coach.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
No, I never thought that. He always raves about UT, so I never thought he was hard to listen to. He's probably the biggest UT cheerleader of any announcer in America. If UT fans are whining about Dykes, they're just cryasses.

He tweeted yesterday that his daughter just signed with the UT cheer team, so even more reason he'll be pro UT.

I was pining away for Dykes or really any of the SEC broadcasters listening to the CBS / TNT / TBS dreck we were stuck with in the tournament.

The Bulls have already qualified for the play in tournament. No way Billy leaves a playoff team hanging. UK would have to be willing to wait for their run to end. And they would miss out on a lot of portal time to do that.

He's a great coach, but he's also a flaming a-hole, like his brother, and probably his father.
Yeah, like he had a thing to do with the other 4 titles. It seems obnoxious, but he took down those Purdue goons, so I’m fine with him being arrogant and obnoxious afterwards. He did our nation a great service. He also ran his mouth to Edey after he got away with something, so I’m down with that too.

Last edited:
He’d be an absolute idiot if he took that job. I don’t think he’s an idiot. I hope he’s not an idiot.

He ain't taking it. UCONN is currently a better program, no competition from their football program for being the alpha sports program (especially with Geno's program no longer being the premier women's program), Hurley's wife is from Jersey and doesn't want to move even farther away from her home state and deal with a bunch of Southerners that she won't relate to.

Lastly, and possibly most importantly, Hurley can recruit the entire Northeast with Syracuse being down (and cherry pick the eastern Midwest and rest of country) and will always get propped up by ESPN due to their proximity. No chance he takes the UK job.

Other than a 2012 championship and Cal putting tons of guys in the league....what has UK done in the last 15 years? UK is no longer what they once were, though the right hire could get them back to a high level of success quickly. The rise of SEC basketball as a whole and N.I.L. also make the situation more difficult and less of a sure thing for success.

I never said that but if you look turbovol’s posting history it’s not worth rebuttal because every point he makes is almost always negative…

I'm proud to know you follow my posting history on multiple boards so closely. We have fans that think White is a super-genius AD
whose every hire for 20 years as been a home run, and that is a misapprehension by homers that is worth correcting. You post your views, I'll post mine.

Let's stop with the "Danny" myth. Check out Bobby Hurley's record at Arizona State (under 50 percent conference win rate in a weak Pac12). It's astounding he still has a job. Same with Johnny Dawkins--fired at Stanford (under 500 in a Pac12) and exactly .500 conference win rate at Central Florida. In the last four years his team has finished 6th twice, 7th and 9th in the conference this year. His women's coach at UCF has just finished her 2nd year at Georgia; she was next to last in the SEC. Oats has been good, but this notion that "Danny" is some sort of hiring savant is nonsense, apparently springing from Heupel's one good year (in 3). I like Heupel, hope he succeeds, but one good season is just that. Butch J. had a couple of good seasons. Apparently a lot of people mistakenly assumed that White hired Vitello--he didn't.. Nor did he hire any of UT's best coaches--Kredich, Barnes, Woodruff, Weekly. I've got nothing against White, but all this Danny fluff is absurd.
Heupel was on the cusp of making the CFP in 2022 and has won 20 games in two seasons. Best two year stretch the program has seen since 03-04. One good season? Heck, many fans thought JH would have been lucky to win 4 or 5 games his first year when he was short essentially an entire class of scholarship players. He exceeded expectations in year one imo. Butch Jones never had one good season at UT. The amount of talent on those teams should have been good enough to represent the SECE in back to back years (15-16). He failed miserably when you look back at the collection of talent on those teams. Going 8-4 two seasons in a row was a failure. Stop trying to equate hires at other schools like UCF to what DW could do in the future with UT.

Last edited:
Don't know if you don't ask. I for one am going to laugh if UK strikes out on Hurley (duh), Donovan, and Drew.
How could he not know? No wayvUK going to sweeten the pot for him, considering the buyout is the only reason he didn’t get fired and the overwhelming majority of their fanbase hates the guy. I’d imagine he wanted more NIL money or to bring Brad in.

Last edited:
How could he not know? No was UK going to sweeten the pot for him, considering the buyout is the only reason he didn’t get fired and the overwhelming majority of their fanbase hates the guy.

If UK flames out on this search and settles and falters because of it, Coal Mines are gonna be restless

VN Store

Back