Cal to Arkansas?

This reeks of Tennessee football thinking they could get whomever they wanted whenever they want.

Guaranteed coaches are going to see what’s going on and say no thanks.
Within the coaching fraternity, Cal seems to be well liked and respected, that unfortunately might mean that the next UK next won't be......so who might want the job that's not so well respected?

I know you'd like to believe this, but:

9-14 in 2021.
1 SEC Tourney win in 4 years.
Losses to 14 and 15 seeds in the first round.

All that with a roster in the last 4 years that contains what will eventually be 12 or more NBA players. It's coaching malpractice.

Yeah, because you lost to us twice.

Again, I covered the NCAAT. IDK why guys keep trying to refute me by bringing up the NCAAT. WTF.

Yeah, because you lost to us twice.

Again, I covered the NCAAT. IDK why guys keep trying to refute me by bringing up the NCAAT. WTF.

Your credentials don't impress me, friend. The first round losses to high seeds are the majority of the reason. While most Kentucky fans are always happy when we beat Tennessee, we don't really get as excited as you seem to believe.

Capture.JPG

Your credentials don't impress me, friend. The first round losses to high seeds are the majority of the reason. While most Kentucky fans are always happy when we beat Tennessee, we don't really get as excited as you seem to believe.

View attachment 632888

Huh?

You don't think about us? You just lost your coach and you're on our message board. Have some self awareness.

If we had a football coach who went 7 years without playing for an SEC title and 3-4 vs. Kentucky, you better believe our fans would put the 4 Kentucky losses over 0 SEC title game appearances when we fired him, especially if they kept us out of the title game twice. Kentucky is not supposed to lose at Rupp 4 times in 10 years to Tennessee. They only ever lost 2 other times in the history of Rupp arena. That can't happen at Kentucky.

If we had a football coach who went 7 years without playing for an SEC title and 3-4 vs. Kentucky, you better believe our fans would put the 4 Kentucky losses over 0 SEC title game appearances when we fired him, especially if they kept us out of the title game twice. Kentucky is not supposed to lose at Rupp 4 times in 10 years to Tennessee. They only ever lost 2 other times in the history of Rupp arena. That can't happen at Kentucky.

Gonna go out on a limb here-a Tennessee coach would never be allowed to get to a 3-4 record vs Kentucky.

I mean 2007-2020 were bad, but they were never THAT bad.

In fairness, the days of Kentucky being that dominate are over. There is too much parity in college basketball to be consistently that dominate in a conference like the modern SEC.

Whomever is the new coach, UK fans need to temper expectations or risk becoming Nebraska football/Indiana basketball/UT football during our 15 years in the wilderness.

In fairness, the days of Kentucky being that dominate are over. There is too much parity in college basketball to be consistently that dominate in a conference like the modern SEC.

Whomever is the new coach, UK fans need to temper expectations or risk becoming Nebraska football/Indiana basketball/UT football during our 15 years in the wilderness.

Yeah, the SEC as a whole has been very strong the last 4 years while Kentucky has only 1 win in the tourney. That's one reason why I haven't put too much on Tennessee's struggles in that tourney. Single elimination in a tourney where most teams have great athletes...and one thing about it....Kentucky losing its only games in multiple recent SEC tourneys...they had 2-round byes. Those are quarterfinal appearances. It's not like the old days when you stacked tourney wins against the worst teams in the conference.

Reactions: Wireless1
Another thought is that the SEC is going to just be that much tougher with Calipari going down to Arkansas and probably some other stud coach taking the Kentucky job. I mean, I say that muscleman did a pretty good job at Arkansas up until this last year, so maybe not

I’m not at my pc so I can’t photo shop now. If I could, I would post a pic of a burning dumpster with UK Basketball on the front.

With these moves, I think it’s fair to say we will remain an SEC title contender if we have another prolific scorer like this past season

The word you’re looking for is “dominant”, not “dominate”.

How much money will they throw at Nate Oats?
Thought that too. Oates should be wary of Ky and just continue to build on what he’s already done at Bama. Good support, plenty of resources.

View attachment 632888
You are on a Tennessee sports website talking basketball....ok little buddy

Lifetime doofus award winner Matt Jones reported similar only a short time ago - as passed on to him from a CBS Sports reporter.

Calling Matt Jones a doofus is an insult to all doofuses (doofii?) everywhere.

I have a stronger word for him, but I have been admonished for expressing it. That guy is full of everything useless

Reactions: RDU VOL#14

VN Store

Back