Cal & Roy on way out ???

The rumor (heavy emphasis on RUMOR)has been that Roy is possibly stepping down and that former UNC player and current UNCG head coach Wes Miller is the guy to watch. I don’t see it. I think when Roy steps away he will do what Dean did and leave as loaded of a roster as possible for the next guy.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Over the last six years, Cal's record is equal to Tubby Smith's record over his last six years at Big Blue.

Cal is being put out to pasture.

And whoever they hire to replace him....we will wish that Cal was still there. Kentucky will get a A+++ coach.

Cal was good ten years ago, but has slowly developed Fulmeritis.
Kentucky is one of those jobs like Texas in Football, it will eat you up and spit you out. Their fan base is spoiled and I hope they miss the tournament for the next 10 years

The rumor (heavy emphasis on RUMOR)has been that Roy is possibly stepping down and that former UNC player and current UNCG head coach Wes Miller is the guy to watch. I don’t see it. I think when Roy steps away he will do what Dean did and leave as loaded of a roster as possible for the next guy.
Hard to do in this day of one and done.

Nope but I know folks in the college basketball world

In the last few days, you have claimed you:

- are personal friends with Phil Fulmer
- are friends with several UT players
- know people in the college basketball world

You may be the most well connected person that is able to leverage those connections to bring credibility to what would otherwise appear as non-credible posts to the average reader.

Kentucky is one of those jobs like Texas in Football, it will eat you up and spit you out. Their fan base is spoiled and I hope they miss the tournament for the next 10 years

Their coach Eddie Sutton had curly hair. One booster told him, "we like our coach's hair like our whiskey....straight."

Poor Eddie was sent out to pasture.

Reactions: Border Vol
Their coach Eddie Sutton had curly hair. One booster told him, "we like our coach's hair like our whiskey....straight."

Poor Eddie was sent out to pasture.
Eddie Sutton was as big a recruiting cheater as you could find anywhere

It’s especially hard to do, but I think if you could line up a big name or a guy on staff that recruits know, it can be done. Certainly will be interesting to see what happens and how it happens when Roy and K hang it up. I think it will be different with those 2 than with UK because Duke and UNC have a program identity more than UK. UNC is Dean and Roy’s program, Duke is K’s program. They both have an identifiable standard that they’ve largely been coached with forever. UK has kind of been all over the map with Pitino, Tubby, Billy G and Cal.

Reactions: P.O.T.S. VOL

VN Store

Back