Cade Mays waiver denied

Again, a player can transfer and receive financial aid immediately without a coaches permission that is true. HOWEVER the former coach can choose not to endorse the transfer, mudding the waters and leading to a long, drawn out process for immediate eligibility. You're not in tune as much as you say you are and I dont give a rats a$$ what company you claim to work for.

so.....exactly what would you give a rat's a$$ for anyway? Just askin'......:)

That's interesting. Is that your evaluation or from someone else? I'm pretty sure that either Pruitt or Chaney said they thought he was one of the best OL's in the country.
Jack of all trades master of none is a thing. Was needed to fill holes in that loaded but oft injured UGA OL roster. The fact that he was first man up, dating back to his true freshman season, shows the TALENT. Focusing on the intricacies of one spot allows for display to the pros.

Reactions: Remy and HalfullVol
That's not accurate. IF a player is dismissed from a program, then the previous school has no say, but that's not applicable in this case. Mays was not "released from the team," he transferred on his own. Once that happens, a the player's new school petitions for his eligibility. The previous school and coach can support it, oppose it or do nothing. Georgia elected to oppose elements of the immediate eligibility waiver.
I didn't know he wasn't released. Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Reactions: escapegoat2
Eligibility appeals are handled by committees made up of representatives from member schools, not NCAA employees. Regardless, regular NCAA business isn't going to stop during furloughs.
Good to know; with quarantines, we need all the bodies we can find.

Reactions: whodeycin85
The Ath. Dept. did not submit Mayes' waiver paperwork to the NCAA until June.
It speaks to the fact that UT dropped the ball. They paperwork should have been filed months before.
UT didn’t drop the ball. They waited on the NCAA ruling of one time transfers immediate eligibility at the end of May. It doesn’t go in as a rule until Jan 21 but most assume it will also help with those seeking eligibility this fall.

“They aren't furloughing everyone at one time so I don't think it will do anything to Mays eligibility appeal.“
- BH on VQ

Reactions: Devo182
Jack of all trades master of none is a thing. Was needed to fill holes in that loaded but oft injured UGA OL roster. The fact that he was first man up, dating back to his true freshman season, shows the TALENT. Focusing on the intricacies of one spot allows for display to the pros.
Trying to recall ... has Mays taken a few snaps as center?

The very second the Georgia officialdom contacted Cade about his father’s lawsuit against them, they were out of bounds. He really had no choice but to transfer somewhere else as they compromised him. Happy he chose UT.

Where has that been reported?

Quick transfer question. I made a snarky comment about JT Daniels getting an immediate waver on the UGA QB thread. I was thinking about that. Is it OK to transfer to another conference? That might explain Daniels, Justin Fields, etc as they left for a school in another conference whereas Mays transferred to not only another SEC school but a SEC school in the same division. (BTW, I am not trying to make excuses for the NCAA, they suck, just curious).

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Quick transfer question. I made a snarky comment about JT Daniels getting an immediate waver on the UGA QB thread. I was thinking about that. Is it OK to transfer to another conference? That might explain Daniels, Justin Fields, etc as they left for a school in another conference whereas Mays transferred to not only another SEC school but a SEC school in the same division. (BTW, I am not trying to make excuses for the NCAA, they suck, just curious).

1 year transfer rule still applies between conferences. Luke Ford transferred out of UGA/SEC to be closer to his dying grandfather and the waiver was denied. Worth noting his grandfather passed away earlier this year never having seen Luke play college football in person. F the NCAA for that.

Daniels waiver probably granted bc he’s a QB and already sat a year (injury.)

SEC to SEC transfers ARE more complicated though, as both the NCAA and SEC have to approve a waiver. So even if Cade can convince the NCAA he’ll have to do the same with the SEC office.

Brenton Cox transferred to UF, couldn’t play. I can’t actually recall the last time a player was granted a waiver for a transfer within SEC.

Where has that been reported?

Deerpark12 has been one of the most reliable posters concerning factual information concerning UTAD and the football program since I've been here on VN. His post within this whole thread is as follows:

"The chair broke, it wasn't misused. Georgia's insurance company balked at the loss of use portion of his claim, even though their own adjuster found it to be legitimate. If the insurance company had offered a reasonable settlement, then the matter would have been settled two years ago. Instead, they're still in litigation.

That said, do you thing it's normal for an administrator to pressure a kid to influence his dad to suspend a legal claim against a school because "it's becoming a distraction?"

You can label Cade Mays with whatever unflattering terms you want, but the only place karma is coming back for is Georgia. Cade did nothing wrong."

DP12 seems to have a grasp of the situation many of us don't. If you don't think the UGA AD contacted Cade about his father's lawsuit against them take it up with Deerpark12.

Deerpark12, sorry for putting you out here like this but you've never failed me before so get ready for queries about UGA AD contacting Cade about their suit. IMO that compromised Cade the second it occurred.

VN Store

Back