Cade Mays Status?

With the NCAA considering a rule to allow one unrestricted transfer, they may just stop reviewing and granting current requests pending the rule change.

This could be a good step if the NCAA is open to the idea of changing it's perception. It allows for kids to be able to make the best decision for them. It also says that it should not be abused and will only allow the one time transfer without having to sit out a season.

Is this another wait and see from the NCAA or what?

As I understand it the change can be implemented administratively, and doesn’t have to go through all the usual red tape. Once the committee finalizes everything then it’s done and implemented

Looks like the NCAA is going to allow anyone immediate eligibility if they transfer.

I always despised Georgia even Befor dude clipped out Tuttles knees and prob half ruined his career.I Truly believe he woulda been a 3rd round pick or better.Kid played well but was never the same after that coaching changes etc.Georgia hit a new low when they put the guy on the ticket for the next season though.i love a good rivalry but that was just beyond low and they knew exactly what they were doin and did.No respect for the mutts what so ever

I always despised Georgia even Befor dude clipped out Tuttles knees and prob half ruined his career.I Truly believe he woulda been a 3rd round pick or better.Kid played well but was never the same after that coaching changes etc.Georgia hit a new low when they put the guy on the ticket for the next season though.i love a good rivalry but that was just beyond low and they knew exactly what they were doin and did.No respect for the mutts what so ever

I hate georgia.

That is all.

Kublanow is the name...will live in infamy. Typical for Georgia to glorify such crapola.

Attachments

• Georgia sucks.jpg
    Georgia sucks.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 42
UGA's Brandon Kublanow mum about alleged 'dirty play' vs. UT

In my opinion, outside of the replay that shows it was intentional, him avoiding the question when asked about it even further incriminates his intentions. Looks like Shy got the last laugh though. Hes throwing QBs to the ground while Kublanow is out of the league, or at least hasn't been on a team since 2018. Sidenote, I did find his LinkedIN profile lmao.

Its gonna happen. NCAA doesnt have the time and resources to investigate the cases of 1000 kids in the transfer portal
I honestly side with Fulmer's viewpoint on this. I think they should pass it but require the student to log a certain amount of hours in school. Just allowing a free transfer no questions asked is gonna be a nightmare and no one will really win in the end. homesickness, kids pissed about playing time. Put in a clause for coaching changes but other than that make them satisfy a minimum amount of completed credits.. in other words, earn the transfer.

If they allow it with no restrictions kids will be transferring left and right and the kids will actually get hurt the worst by it.

I never hated Richt until he said that Tennessee fans were happy about Nick Chubb's injury. He was terribly low class in that moment. Tennessee fans were very respectful and concerned for Chubb's well-being.

I never hated Richt until he said that Tennessee fans were happy about Nick Chubb's injury. He was terribly low class in that moment. Tennessee fans were very respectful and concerned for Chubb's well-being.
In all fairness I remember seeing some signs the next time Chubb came to Knoxville that weren't real respectful. Chubb was a class kid, that embarrassed me. On the flip side, Kublanow is a POS though for what he did to Shy, that should embarrass UGA fans.

Looks like the NCAA is going to allow anyone immediate eligibility if they transfer.
Not yet. It is only a conversation being had. Just a preliminary step. No official proposal has even been submitted yet.

Even IF it becomes an official proposal AND is immediately voted upon in the Spring...AND passes, it likely does not take effect until August. It would not affect Cade.

And none of this may even happen at all this legislative cycle. Most proposals already took foothold back in Oct/Nov for this cycle. I'd bet it's still a year away from even being voted on, earliest implementation being August 2021. Jmo

Last edited:
We will probably know if he's cleared to play in 2020 a couple of months before the season starts the way the NCAA drags their feet.
I'm thinking we will have Cade's request ahead of the group this year. It isn't like last year when our compliance was holding their cards to see how other cases were being ruled before submitting for Solomon and Gibbs.

Tom Mars is also in the boat in this case, so he will push things promptly imo. He knows how they work, so no need to sit back and wait for guinea pig results to come back this year.

Reactions: joevol33
It's currently being reviewed by a committee and will likely be voted on in late April by the NCAA. If approved, it will be in effect for the 2020-2021 academic year.

DI Transfer Waiver Working Group to seek feedback on waiver expansion

All that said, one of the requirements is to receive a release from the previous school so UGA could refuse to grant that and he wouldn't be eligible.
Possible...just a short time, compared to the normal timeframe. Either way, 2020-2021 means effective August 1st iirc, if like past bylaws implemented. Wouldn't affect this case.

Not yet. It is only a conversation being had. Just a preliminary step. No official proposal has even been submitted yet.

Even IF it becomes an official proposal AND is immediately voted upon in the Spring...AND passes, it likely does not take effect until August. It would not affect Cade.

And none of this may even happen at all this legislative cycle. Most proposals already took foothold back in Oct/Nov for this cycle. I'd bet it's still a year away from even being voted on, earliest implementation being August 2021. Jmo
Reminds me of when Brandon Kennedy transferred when coaches could block destinations. Applied, submitted, Nicky bisched, conference approved and official before Fall camp. Expect the same.

Possible...just a short time, compared to the normal timeframe. Either way, 2020-2021 means effective August 1st iirc, if like past bylaws implemented. Wouldn't affect this case.
If it’s effective in August, first game’s in September. Starting first game.

Reactions: Behr
If it’s effective in August, first game’s in September. Starting first game.
Past language has been something akin to "effective for transfers occurring after x, 20xx" or something like that. Either way, I don't have confidence they would allow it for a past transfer. I imagine we'll push forward regardless. This thing might not even be voted on.

If it is passed and if it is retroactive, that option will be there for last resort, but I would not count on any of that. Mars gonna shove this thing through sooner than later.

Past language has been something akin to "effective for transfers occurring after x, 20xx" or something like that. Either way, I don't have confidence they would allow it for a past transfer. I imagine we'll push forward regardless. This thing might not even be voted on.

If it is passed and if it is retroactive, that option will be there for last resort, but I would not count on any of that. Mars gonna shove this thing through sooner than later.
I’ll count on it for the both of us. Done deal.

Reactions: Behr
UGA's Brandon Kublanow mum about alleged 'dirty play' vs. UT

In my opinion, outside of the replay that shows it was intentional, him avoiding the question when asked about it even further incriminates his intentions. Looks like Shy got the last laugh though. Hes throwing QBs to the ground while Kublanow is out of the league, or at least hasn't been on a team since 2018. Sidenote, I did find his LinkedIN profile lmao.
I clicked this expecting to hear Kublanow’s mom talk about the play

VN Store

Back