Cade Mays enters the transfer portal [transferring to Tennessee per ESPN]

What exactly is going on with UGA? They lose there 5* Running back that was signed, lose From to Draft all of sudden even though he not ready, and then Mayes leaving. I would suspect there may be more to come!!!
Honestly, it sounds like a coincidence. Not sure why Evans left, but the other two situations are completely different from each other. Nobody is shocked by Fromm entering the draft and it says nothing about the state of things at UGA. Mays likely just wants to play with his brother and give his parents the opportunity to be together when watching their kids play. For all we know, Evans could simply be looking at a higher bidder.

Reactions: vol94 and OrangeU
Some butthurt recruitniks said some pretty terrible things about the kid over the past 2 years.

Is this a done deal? Because I just saw a Youtube video with AP saying Cade will be in classes in Knoxville.

Correct if I'm mistaken he's not a grad transfer so if transferring in conference it's basically a forgone conclusion he'll have to sit.

He could graduate this semester and be able to play. He has been taking classes during the summer.

Someone that knows please address the sitting out for a year issue. I remember reading it might not be the case but I'm not informed enough to comment on it.

The NCAA is all over the place with this. Every team should demand the Tate Martell rule be applied. He was able to transfer to Miami and gain immediate eligibility for absolutely NO REASON AT ALL.

For most players, it requires a hardship; family illness type situation, or a coaching change to gain immediate eligibility.

But again, in Martell’s case there was none of that, and in other cases the NCAA has denied immediate eligibility when a hardship has been proven. I forget the name, but they denied the kid who had an immediate family member with brain cancer.

The NCAA has to get it together on this process.

Honestly, it sounds like a coincidence. Not sure why Evans left, but the other two situations are completely different from each other. Nobody is shocked by Fromm entering the draft and it says nothing about the state of things at UGA. Mays likely just wants to play with his brother and give his parents the opportunity to be together when watching their kids play. For all we know, Evans could simply be looking at a higher bidder.
Then where is our bag man for Evans? Lol

Of course I did. Try putting your daughter's or your wife's name in there where he said Tennessee. Sound the same now, shtstick?
giphy.gif

The NCAA is all over the place with this. Every team should demand the Tate Martell rule be applied. He was able to transfer to Miami and gain immediate eligibility for absolutely NO REASON AT ALL.

For most players, it requires a hardship; family illness type situation, or a coaching change to gain immediate eligibility.

But again, in Martell’s case there was none of that, and in other cases the NCAA has denied immediate eligibility when a hardship has been proven. I forget the name, but they denied the kid who had an immediate family member with brain cancer.

I said someone that knows.

There was talk about early graduation as well as immediate eligibility, and I don't remember the details.

Reactions: Bret178
Thrilled to have him, but it seems like an odd decision on Cade's part. I'm sure Tennessee is appealing, but I can't imagine Cade is cleared to play prior to 2021, especially since he played 14 games this year and is transferring within the division. I'm honestly shocked he is willing to sit out a year when he was pretty close to being eligible for the draft. Oh well. 2021 will be a fun year for the OL/RB game.

Has he been a disappointment at UGA? I noticed he was not even playing in the Bowl game despite them down multiple starters on the OL

His Hardship was possibly playing for Butch Jones when his recruitment was happening.

I understand Evans has some behavior issues that UGA admissions has problems with. It’s not his or Kirby’s decision. Might prevent him from any SEC school

Best I can tell, the determining factor is whether or not the player secures a lawyer. Pretty sure Martell had one, Fields had one, etc. Not sure if Aubrey Solomon had one though, and his surprisingly got approved.

Thrilled to have him, but it seems like an odd decision on Cade's part. I'm sure Tennessee is appealing, but I can't imagine Cade is cleared to play prior to 2021, especially since he played 14 games this year and is transferring within the division. I'm honestly shocked he is willing to sit out a year when he was pretty close to being eligible for the draft. Oh well. 2021 will be a fun year for the OL/RB game.
Makes you wonder what the hell is going on down in Athens.

Has he been a disappointment at UGA? I noticed he was not even playing in the Bowl game despite them down multiple starters on the OL

No. He has played at every position on the OL. He was the projected starter at LT and a legit 2021 draft pick.

VN Store

Back