Cade Mays' $1,000,000.00.

I said the same a while back. We’re just now beginning to see the tip of the iceberg. When it comes into full sight, there’s going to be discord and mayhem all over.

Saban has already voiced concern about it. Paying players is going to be the downfall of college football.

Reactions: cardvolfan
He wouldn't be worth the mil, imo. Injury risk to great and the money could be spent more efficiently elsewhere.

I respect and appreciate all that Cade brought to UT. Having said that, if we have/had 1 mil in NIL bucks, I would use them to lure an edge rusher or top notch LB.

What has any college offensive lineman anywhere done to earn a million $ NIL? Seems like there's a lot of unreal expectations out there with NIL money.

What has any college offensive lineman anywhere done to earn a million $ NIL? Seems like there's a lot of unreal expectations out there with NIL money.

Yea, but it doesn't hurt to ask. I suspect he was planning on going to the NFL and threw out an outrageous number knowing that no one was gonna bite.

Do you take sarms?

No... I've used sarms or sarms58 as my ID since the days of the mainframe way back when. First letter of my first name (S) followed by first 4 letters in my last name (arms). It's how we were required to establish IDs way back before PCs.

Edit: But reading up on Sarms I might try some! lol! I'm an old chemist.

All of this is crazy but if I HAD to chose one, I’d pay $1mil for a 5 star HS kid for 3-4 yrs than $1mil for an oft-injured OT

Reactions: stillavol
Remember Kevin puking *through* his facemask while coming to the sideline of the UCLA game. Others couldn't lay a finger on him.

Ha! I remember Kevin puking through his facemask that day, too because I also remember him being drunk as Cooter Brown at the Last Lap on that Thursday before!

Reactions: DixieVol
So 80k fans going into Neyland...8 times for the year...couldn't donate $1.56 a game for the OL to have a major upgrade like Cade would provide?

Bullhockey. People need to consider just how many fans we have and how many would contribute on a LARGE scale.

Unfortunately guys like Spyre just now got things together for fan support. This won't happen in the future.

If it's that important to you, take a big ole $1MM scoop out of your bucket and send it over to Cade. I'm sure Josh, the team and all of VolNation will appreciate it.

Remember Kevin puking *through* his facemask while coming to the sideline of the UCLA game. Others couldn't lay a finger on him.

I was at that game,, hottest I’ve ever been. It’s why NO SEC team should ever play day games in September

He’s an undrafted free agent. He may not pass a physical because he stays hurt.

Rashawn Slater of the KC Chiefs went from making zero money at Northwestern to making about $3 million a year at KC.

So you'd have me believe he wasn't worth a million last year but he's worth 3 million this year?

The '91 game in Neyland was brutally hot. IIRC, Smokey had a heat stroke and later passed away.

Per Wiki:

Smokey VI served as mascot and presided over three SEC championships for Tennessee. His owner, the Rev. Bill Brooks, died during Smokey VI's tenure on September 17, 1986 at the age of 81. Brooks' wife, Mildred, then took over in caring for Smokey. During the 1991 UCLA game, Smokey suffered heat exhaustion in the 100+ degree temperatures and was listed on the Vols injury report until he returned later in the season. A kennel mate named "Woody" took over for him while he recovered. Smokey VI died in late 1991 of brain cancer at 10 years old.

BTW his record was 67-23-6. Not too shabby, VI.

BTSmokey.JPG

Weird vibes.

They're not all dumb hicks ffs. Especially at UT and even moreso under Heupel.

AGAIN they're getting additional coursework and guidance, regardless of your weird view of our players' mental acuity.
I’m sure most will be just fine. I could definitively see some issues with some players though struggling to do what they’re supposed to.

VN Store

Back