'21 CA TE Brock Bowers

2021 prospect Brock Bowers is a name to pay attention to in the next recruiting cycle, though. “Tennessee was the third team that offered me. It was back in May,” the 6-foot-4, 220-pound tight end told Volquest. “I was talking to one of their coaches on the phone and that’s when it happened. They’ve been sending me stuff on Twitter and I text with coach [Jeremy] Pruitt some.” UT is a part of a long list showing interest in the Napa, Calif. native. As of now, the four-star has 21 teams after his services. “I checked the box scores and tried to keep up on how Tennessee was doing this season,” Bowers said. “I just saw the bowl game on TV where they won it there at the end. That was pretty cool.”
“I’m not really sure when or if I’ll visit Tennessee. We will just have to see as it goes,” Bowers said. “But to be honest, Tennessee isn’t one of the schools that I’m in constant contact with right now. “It’s really cool that I have that opportunity, of course, but the relationship isn’t as strong as other schools at this time.” Still, Bowers is open to the idea of Tennessee. “I’ve heard the university has a great fan base. It would be really cool to see that,” Bowers said. “And the distance from home really isn’t a concern for me because I’ll be spending most of my time with the team or in class.”
“I feel like I can always put on weight when I get wherever I go,” the four-star said. “I just need to get stronger first and work on my speed and quickness. I don’t want weight to slow that down right now.” “I really hope I can get it narrowed down before my senior season. If I know where I want to go, I’ll announce it before,” Bowers said. “But I do want to get it done and out of the way during the early signing period. “This process is pretty crazy and I’m not sure about anything right now. I’ll have to think and talk to my parents as the year goes on.” Though the Vols aren’t atop the leaderboard as of now, things could change. They have an offer on the table and a need at the position moving forward. Bowers could be a name to pay attention to as the offseason progresses.
-VQ

VN Store

Back