‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

Wow, really ? Where do you live, if you live in Knoxville ?
Most of my life. I'm sure it's gotten better. But growing up and going to UT up through the 2000s, lots of ugly or at least bleh areas. I grew up in a very bleh area myself. Billboards everywhere, fast food strips everywhere, just not attractive to outsiders. But again, why I said most. Every area of knox has a few nice areas. But if you drive a few miles from UT in multiple directions, it can be pretty...unattractive. Just saying...if you're trying to sell someone on NYC, you don't take em across a bridge.

Lol so...1 season in...under Belichick...far from a successful NFL guy (17th in the NFL QBR...) . And even giving that up...that is one after Saban has had HOW MANY bluechip QBs? How long has he now been a HC coach? 27 years LOL.

Point is his hit rate is absurdly low...even with an insane influx of annual talent.

Heupel clearly does more with less. Oregon, UGA, Bama has no torch they can hold up that's close.

Give Heupel Alabama QB talent and good god...
Sarkisian also had a lot to do with Mac Jones' development, which I'm sure he's using that pitch with Arch (hey, I coached Alabama's last two 1st round QBs). Out of his current top choices, Nico would absolutely get the best QB coaching here.

Most of my life. I'm sure it's gotten better. But growing up and going to UT up through the 2000s, lots of ugly or at least bleh areas. I grew up in a very bleh area myself. Billboards everywhere, fast food strips everywhere, just not attractive to outsiders. But again, why I said most. Every area of knox has a few nice areas. But if you drive a few miles from UT in multiple directions, it can be pretty...unattractive. Just saying...if you're trying to sell someone on NYC, you don't take em across a bridge.

Knoxville has come a long way. The strip even looks good now, it’s not as fun as it used to be but I’m not either so who am I to judge.

I’m sure they’ll see the nice parts of town. I assume they’ll be in Hardin Valley some that’s where Spyre is. However most people I meet from California are in awe of every part of Knoxville because it’s so different from Cali.

But look at all the 5star quarterbacks that went through Bama and hasn’t down anything. And Georgia about the same. Tons of talent around the quarterback
Saban just modernized the offense a few years ago. In that time he had Blake sims (not great) jalen (NFL starter) Tua(first ever saban era qb to be drafted in the first round) and Mac Jones (NFL starter) recent history is actually pretty good there.

Mac Jones was a 3 star who was a Heisman finalist, first round pick, and made the Pro Bowl after a great rooking season in the NFL lol. TF are you talking about

Mac Jones had arguably one of the best WR tandems in college football history. Also, the people that developed him aren’t at Bama anymore. Heupel turned a 3* QB that had nowhere near the weapons Jones had into one of the SECs best QBs.

Saban just modernized the offense a few years ago. In that time he had Blake sims (not great) jalen (NFL starter) Tua(first ever saban era qb to be drafted in the first round) and Mac Jones (NFL starter) recent history is actually pretty good there.

While true, you cannot ignore the fact that all of those QBs had elite, best in the nation talent to work with. Year in and year out Bama has one of the best OLs in the country. They always have stud WRs, TEs and RBs. Not too mention the fact they usually field a very good to elite defense every year.

Reactions: Golf freak
It's not like Nico hasn't seen the worst a city has to offer. He's from Downey, CA, they have over 100 thou and they are almost a suberb of LA.

I'm sure. I was a little shocked to see it, and more specifically, shocked that Knoxville leadership allows it to be a landfill that humans live in, and in clear view of I40.

I'm not saying showcase Broadway by Fulton, but don't dodge it. If he thinks everywhere in Knoxville is like Farragut and/or Sequoyah then I don't want him as my QB1,:anyway

Mac Jones was a 3 star who was a Heisman finalist, first round pick, and made the Pro Bowl after a great rooking season in the NFL lol. TF are you talking about
Lol. He was developed for sure. Heup's track record for developing QB is clearly better than anyone on that list.

I think you'd be surprised at how much has changed in just 5-10 years.

Still none really proven. No where near Joe Burrows

I say it all the time. I don't care what happens in the NFL, I only care about UT. I'll take Josh Dobbs every time lol
I would take Josh Dobbs also ONLY if he was playing in CJH system. Dobbs is like so many offensive players over the last 10 years to come through Tennessee that we can only dream what Coach Heupel could have done with. Justin Hunter imagine a guy with the combo of speed and size that he had on the outside. Cordarrelle Patterson with his speed and shiftness in the slot or even Pig Howard in that slot postion. There is possibly 100 guys or more that have came to Tennessee in the last 10 years that would have been All American in Heupel system.

VN Store

Back