‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

We had one but he wasn't high level, more of a take on the fly that never panned out. Think he was a TE transfer a few years ago.

It is my understanding that Nico is excellent at VB too. I don’t know how the movement and anticipation required in that sport translates to FB. Can’t hurt in the conditioning and flexibility area either. Looking forward to Spring practice reviews and hope it shortens his fall learning curves. There will be bumps in the road. Hope most are out of the way in mop up and before a real need for a backup.

Here's the answer to the question - when was the last time Tennessee signed the number one overall player?

Never? I guess on what service? Not uniform on the rankings.

Bryce Brown, Eric Berry, and Kahlil McKenzie would be the closest in the current century. Too much further back and I'm not sure the "national recruit rankings" would be as meaningful.

EDIT:
Trey Smith if you follow ESPN. Bryce Brown otherwise
Well, duh. :( Shame on me for not immediately thinking of our pancake machine in the middle.

It is my understanding that Nico is excellent at VB too. I don’t know how the movement and anticipation required in that sport translates to FB. Can’t hurt in the conditioning and flexibility area either. Looking forward to Spring practice reviews and hope it shortens his fall learning curves. There will be bumps in the road. Hope most are out of the way in mop up and before a real need for a backup.
One thing it might help with is his pocket awareness, assuming he is playing team volleyball. In that you have to know where your teammate(s) are so you can do whatever or be ready for what they are doing. May help him read the pocket a little easier and hopefully find the openings he needs or at least know when to get rid of the ball.

VN Store

Back