‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

On3 added player comparisons.

Reminds Us Of
19138.jpeg

Justin HerbertQB6-6225

los-angeles-chargers.svg
2020 DRAFT: RND 1 PICK 6
Like Justin Herbert, Nico Iamaleava is a taller, big-armed quarterback with some of the better natural physical tools we've seen from a quarterback in the last few recruiting cycles. Both check in at over 6-foot-5 and have big arms with the ability to drive the football to all levels of the field. They're also gifted athletically, with the reactive quickness to make plays with their mobility.
I was actually comparing Nico to Herbert yesterday so I like it

I was actually comparing Nico to Herbert yesterday so I like it
If Nico reaches 230 pounds during his time here, they can hang it up. I like the Herbert comparison. Actually, if you could make a Herbert/Mariota hybrid it might be a better comparison. Herbert was sneaky athletic, but I don't think many people realize just how athletic Nico is. He is definitely a better athlete than Herbert, and that's saying something.

If Nico reaches 230 pounds during his time here, they can hang it up. I like the Herbert comparison. Actually, if you could make a Herbert/Mariota hybrid it might be a better comparison. Herbert was sneaky athletic, but I don't think many people realize just how athletic Nico is. He is definitely a better athlete than Herbert, and that's saying something.

You think he can make it to 230 though?? Could he gain 30 pounds in 3 years? That’s gonna be tough. But honestly I have always thought doing the pro comparisons for HS recruits is kind of weird.

You think he can make it to 230 though?? Could he gain 30 pounds in 3 years? That’s gonna be tough. But honestly I have always thought doing the pro comparisons for HS recruits is kind of weird.
If he even just gets to 220, it’ll help him tremendously, but they’ll have him eating more than he’s ever wanted to to put on weight, so 230 is definitely doable.

If he even just gets to 220, it’ll help him tremendously, but they’ll have him eating more than he’s ever wanted to to put on weight, so 230 is definitely doable.

I think I am basing my opinion on him playing football and volleyball. Working out for both sports. I would say once he gets on campus he won’t be playing that much volleyball. So that should help.

Reactions: allvolrecruiting
My comparisons are usually based on the college version of athletes. Nico said he's trying to gain 15 pounds this year. If he's 210 or so when he gets here in January, I can easily see him being 220 by the start of his freshman year. Being in a college nutrition and S&C program with a 6'6" frame to work with, it's really obtainable.

It's funny that they make it sound like he's just going to play some volleyball with his team. . .

They don't mention that it's an elite tournament that could lead to a National Title or the fact that many scouts believe he's the #1 ranked volleyball player in the country. . . He could easily skip college football and get a scholarship wherever he wants to play Volleyball.

5* QB Nico Iamaleava Skips Elite 11 To Chase Volleyball National Title And His Highlight Tape Is So Lit

This excites me as much as the throws I’ve seen. I haven’t got to see his athleticism very much and yeah….it’s there😳

My comparisons are usually based on the college version of athletes. Nico said he's trying to gain 15 pounds this year. If he's 210 or so when he gets here in January, I can easily see him being 220 by the start of his freshman year. Being in a college nutrition and S&C program with a 6'6" frame to work with, it's really obtainable.

Gotcha. I think once he quits playing volleyball it should be a little bit easier for him to out on some weight. As for the comparisons thing? I was talking more about what 247 does. I just have always felt like that was a strange thing to do.

Reactions: bigl3327
Eh, whatever. Arch is a Manning, safer bet that he will be really good imho than suck. We know he’s been groomed to be further ahead in knowledge and as far as development. Had access to two former NFL QBs and pretty much any other resource to improve that is available. Still physically Nico has the skills to be ridiculously successful in college. And just has a higher ceiling imo than anyone in this class.

Outside of that isn’t it great that Bama didn’t land a single one of these top fives guys? 😂

Eh, whatever. Arch is a Manning, safer bet that he will be really good imho than suck. We know he’s been groomed to be further ahead in knowledge and as far as development. Had access to two former NFL QBs and pretty much any other resource to improve that is available. Still physically Nico has the skills to be ridiculously successful in college. And just has a higher ceiling imo than anyone in this class.

Outside of that isn’t it great that Bama didn’t land a single one of these top fives guys? 😂
I think Manning is good. I don't think he has delivered what it should take to get a #1 overall ranking and a perfect grade.

I don’t really see anyone saying Arch sucks. He is a very good QB. And I would say he wilL be very good at TX. But he doesn’t really do 7 v 7 or any of the other big passing competitions. He didn’t compete in the elite 11. He really doesn’t do camps. But yet he is the slam dunk #1 QB and overall player? That’s BS. It’s his last name and who his uncles are.

I don’t really see anyone saying Arch sucks. He is a very good QB. And I would say he wilL be very good at TX. But he doesn’t really do 7 v 7 or any of the other big passing competitions. He didn’t compete in the elite 11. He really doesn’t do camps. But yet he is the slam dunk #1 QB and overall player? That’s BS. It’s his last name and who his uncles are.
I mean the family is 3/3 on QBs so far

You mean THREE.

Reactions: hooter vol
Really hope this kid can live up to the hype. The social media, the attitude, the hype, the 8 million bucks...tons of pressure on him from the get go. Really kinda unfair, but hey, he and his family contributed to the circus. Just know this program needs him to be all he's promoted to be.

Are recruiting rankings meant to be speculative assumption, or analysis of what one can see?

VN Store

Back