‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

OIP.2RuQUkbrGIxrxrK49_0IHwHaEH

R.7fbd532636642725e343c49ae431146b

1651206396773.gif

I didn't say there were no effects. I'm just not in the camp that believes recruits simply looking at Tennessee matters much, if at all. We've never cared about that before. I've never seen anyone talk about how many visits we got on NSD.

I just think player to player recruiting is way over rated. QB to WR recruiting makes sense and could be a major reason we land Tate, but I think a lot of people are making the "Nico effect" out to be orders of magnitude more important than it really is.

Thing is you can think it’s overrated but it’s not. Mauigoa has specifically stated that Nico got him interested in TN. That’s one of the best OL in the country that’s telling you if not for Nico. We offered Mauigoa in 2020. We were never on his radar until Nico. THATS what you just can’t grasp. Nobody is saying that Nico is gonna cause us to get every blue chip recruit. But the fact is many of these blue chip recruits are showing major interest in us because we have Nico. That’s factually correct and that’s the Nico effect.

If UT ends up with a top 5 class, then Nico should get recruiter of the year along with Sprye. His name is practically connected with all the top rated prospects.

But.......do you think he is having an impact on recruiting? I mean that is really the tough question we are all trying to answer.

Reactions: StoVol
THIS.

I'm not sure why ABDvol is having trouble with this fact.

Nico effect is real. Why not be happy about it instead of "WELP, it ain't psyinen day yet🤪"...

The journey vs the goal i guess. But it's silly not to appreciate positive happening as they happen
I intentionally haven’t posted in a few days because of all the juvenile criticism thrown at me earlier but my name keeps getting dragged into this again. The fragile people who’s feelings are hurt are continuously misunderstanding my original post in the wake of Kasper committing to Oregon. I never stated that Nico is not helping with top recruits being interested in UT. That is obvious he is drawing some recruits to check the Vols out. But it means very little if they do not sign. NIL deals and our recruiting staff(coaching staff) likely play a bigger role. That is why I stated his actual value is TBD. We may get a top 5 class or better by NSD. If so I think Nico’s influence would have to be taken as a significant factor but we are not there yet.

Last edited:
I intention it haven’t posted in a few days but my name keeps getting dragged into this again. you all are misunderstanding my original post in the wake of Kasper committing to Oregon. I never stated that Nico is not helping with top recruits being interested in UT. That is obvious. But it means very little if they do not sign. NIL deals and our recruiting staff(coaching staff) likely play a bigger role. That is why I stated his actual value is TBD. We may get a top 5 class or better by NSD. If so I think Nico’s influence would have to be taken as a significant factor but we are not there yet.

1651459995609.gif

You obviously are unable to understand my point which directly answers your criticism of my posts. You are the one who doesn’t get it. What year of schooling did you complete ?
AP said NIL is abt 20% of consideration, and we pretty much have the #2 OT in the boat thanks to nico, going off franklin who is very well connected

His impact is felt whether any of them sign here or not. How can anyone not understand this?

Having big-time players interested creates a buzz around our program and its future. More kids from younger classes see what's going on, guys currently at other colleges see it, other recruits in this class see it. It impacts all of them and creates the potential of signing recruits and transfers in the future, players who may have no direct link to Iamaleava, players who otherwise would have brushed us off. That's all just icing on the cake when you see the players hes actively recruiting and who will probably sign here. Even if they don't, his impact is huge.

His impact is felt whether any of them sign here or not. How can anyone not understand this?

Having big-time players interested creates a buzz around our program and its future. More kids from younger classes see what's going on, guys currently at other colleges see it, other recruits in this class see it. It impacts all of them and creates the potential of signing recruits and transfers in the future, players who may have no direct link to Iamaleava, players who otherwise would have brushed us off. That's all just icing on the cake when you see the players hes actively recruiting and who will probably sign here. Even if they don't, his impact is huge.
what-he-said-regina-hall.gif

This exactly. 5 stars visiting and us being talked about as the potential leaders in their recruitment (whether it's true or not) makes 4 stars want to hurry and get in the boat. We have everything to offer, in the way of facilities and amenities, that the perennial playoff contenders have to offer (with the exception of on field production). With what Danny White is doing, we may have more to offer. This could be the beginning of stacking consecutive top 5-10 ranked classes. Just win baby and we do it year after year. We've seen Heupel do more with less. Let's see what he can do with a loaded roster.

Not to be that guy but who’s to say they don’t have 1 or 2 of these 5s in the bag and want them to go public at the event in a few weeks?

Lots of different things to look at rather than whether or not he’s effecting recruiting.

I understand the buzz and you will not find otherwise in any of my posts. My point was the the extent of his influence in actually bringing in recruits who sign and enroll/play for the Vols. Geez some of you continue to misterpret my posts 2/3 weeks after the fact.

This exactly. 5 stars visiting and us being talked about as the potential leaders in their recruitment (whether it's true or not) makes 4 stars want to hurry and get in the boat. We have everything to offer, in the way of facilities and amenities, that the perennial playoff contenders have to offer (with the exception of on field production). With what Danny White is doing, we may have more to offer. This could be the beginning of stacking consecutive top 5-10 ranked classes. Just win baby and we do it year after year. We've seen Heupel do more with less. Let's see what he can do with a loaded roster.
Josh Pate had a great breakdown of once strong programs that hit hard times and their ability to get back to the top. For Tennessee, he essentially gave us the sleeping giant analogy. Said Tennessee’s worst enemy has been Tennessee by terrible coaching hires and terrible admin. Points to Clemson’s success in the exact footprint as to the reason we can be a national power. Said the door to greatness has always been here, we’ve just needed someone with the key to open it and he believes Heup may be that guy.

VN Store

Back