‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

I really hope I’m wrong but a lot of people are setting their selves up to really disappointed. I hope he comes here as much as anybody but I’ve followed recruiting for a long time and I know it ain’t over till they sign on the dotted line and even if he signs and comes here he’s still gonna have to compete for the job and there that little thing called the transfer portal and that I’m not a fan of.
11lubw7nhai61.png

I know this may sound crazy, but stick with me for a second. Maybe this kid also just really…likes UT?

He seems to be very connected to Halzle and Heupel, and he has talked pretty glowingly about how they plan to help develop him.

The money is a great plus, but he also has the opportunity to play in a super QB friendly offense and put up a ton of stats.

First of all, they're idiots. One thinks Steston is better lololol

They also think that once we buy Nico that we're suddenly out of cash. Spyre said they're shooting for 30 million a year. 2 mil to Nico doesn't empty the pot. Someone should tell those morons. Listen at these posts:

Some are so dumb that they don't know how a collective or just how NIL works in general

At least a couple of them are smart...

Some are scared..

Funny how paying players was fine with them when they were doing it illegally and had the advantage but now they're upset...

They are dumber than I thought if they don’t think UT can raise serious money.

Tennessee literally had a class dedicated to helping athletes navigate this. To say the school wasn't ready is an understatement.

Of course not, but there were a fair number of folks on here who were crying constantly about how far behind we were and using it as a justification to bash UT leadership. They are conspicuously absent now.

Last edited:
Reading on the Oregon 247 board. Typical of the mindset of that part of the country. Want the Federal Government to intervene and regulate. Some folks always think government is the answer for everything.
Funny considering they were just talking about paying him Nike money lol. Typical blue hypocrites.

A few thoughts:

(1) There is zero chance Spyre cut this kid a $350k check with no strings attached.

(2) Spyre is not affiliated with UT in any direct, formal way, but they are raising money from UT fans promising to use it for NIL deals on UT athletes, so if they are using that money to pay kids to go play for Oregon, they’re quite possibly exposing themselves to criminal liability.
Their socials and website is littered with Tennessee content. These guys won’t affiliate with another school. They have built their foundation off of UT.

If I understand correctly, just because he signs an NIL deal doesn’t mean he can’t sign another. There is likely something in the writing that says he must come to Tennessee in order to collect the money. And it is likely structured over 3-4 years. So if he signed another deal, all that would happen if he didn’t come here was he doesn’t get the money from UT.
Authors sell exclusive rights and can't then sell those same rights to someone else. It's a probably similar, exclusive NIL right that the collective owns for 4-5 years.

Great way to manage the portal as well. lol

Then again, what keeps him from taking his 8 mil and being happy with that, if the 8 mil isn't tied to UT?
It comes over time. Not at once. And he couldn't make any other deals...so that's the disincentive.

So, normally, yes that would be the big risk. He'd transfer to Oregon in 1 years and get a new Nike NIL deal.

I mean, sure, he could decide $2mm after 1 year is more than enough and transfer. But hard to imagine passing up another 2...4...6mm. We would really have to mess things up royally for someone to want to transfer that badly lolol. That's a huge advantage over, say, the Quinn Ewers decision. His big NIL deal was from a Texan org anyway.

There are no guarantees ofc, but this is about as smart of a contract as you can have. Lots of incentives to stay and disincentives to leave. That's all you can ask for.

Lol. You think Nico can sign a deal with Spyre and go somewhere else and keep the money?? 😂😂😂😂😂
Do we know for sure the contract he signed locked in him for UT? Don’t get me wrong I believe with everything going on that he is ours to lose but I am curious how the contract was structured for him.

I know this may sound crazy, but stick with me for a second. Maybe this kid also just really…likes UT?

He seems to be very connected to Halzle and Heupel, and he has talked pretty glowingly about how they plan to help develop him.

The money is a great plus, but he also has the opportunity to play in a super QB friendly offense and put up a ton of stats.
There is no doubt that He and His family love Knoxville and can see their selves living here. Love Coaching staff overall program and history. Money is big at any school. Great points. In CHRIST Alone

I really hope I’m wrong but a lot of people are setting their selves up to really disappointed. I hope he comes here as much as anybody but I’ve followed recruiting for a long time and I know it ain’t over till they sign on the dotted line and even if he signs and comes here he’s still gonna have to compete for the job and there that little thing called the transfer portal and that I’m not a fan of.
A little disappointment isn't so scary.

QBs in high school can see the development of Hendon over the last season. He went from a second string bench Warner to the most efficient QB in Tennessee history in just 10 games. Kids noticed that

VN Store

Back