‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

My point is that the statement "Nico hasn't impacted recruiting yet" is factual. That's all. At least when I say it, it is 0% an indictment on Nico or anyone else for that matter. I'm not saying anything in your post is wrong.

The narrative I'm speaking to is that this the first time in VN history anyone has tried to count top 5's and recruiting visits as wins. Y'all know the game as well as anyone. There's no second place trophies in recruiting.

I can think of at minimum 3 elite recruits that wouldn’t look Tennessees way if it weren’t for Nico. He’s been here, he’s working the phone, and working ears at camps. If you can’t see the effects that’s a you problem not a we problem.

It's pretty simple. It's sales.

Would you rather be talking to no one or someone? Would you rather that "someone" is broke (less talented) or has a lot of disposable income (4-5* talent)? Would you rather be talking to 1 "someone" with a lot of disposable income or multiple ones with a lot of disposable income? Would you rather the multiple ones with a lot of disposable income be interested or not interested? Would you rather the interested multiple ones, with a lot of disposable income (4-5* talent) be a referral or a cold call?

Referrals are one of the most sought after prospects in all of sales. UT has all of the tools sell anyone on coming here. Having the potential recruit be a 4-5* and be referred by, arguably, the #1 player in their class is the most valuable diamond of the rarest sort in the recruiting world. If you can't see the value Iamaleava brings to our recruiting class, the benefit of having his assistance gives our program, and the immediate impact on recruits. . . take your head out of the sand.

What narrative? That Nico is having a massive impact on recruiting? If you can’t see that then you are blind. I have heard AP say it. Josh Pate and others have said it. It’s common sense. A big time QB like Nico always has a massive impact on recruiting. Does it mean we are gonna get every single blue chip talent we target? Absolutely not. Nobody has said that. But if you think we are in the mix for guys like Kasper, Tate, Williams, the 5* OT and some others without Nico then you are crazy.

I'm team "Nico is having a major impact on our recruiting" but Carnell Tate visited Knoxville twice before Nico committed. Is he even more interested because of Nico? 100%. Just like Nico was interested in Tennessee (he visited for the Vandy game last year and was visited by Golesh/Halze multiple times) before Spyre got involved, which makes any narrative that "Tennessee is recruiting great because of NIL" tired, lazy, and untrue.

Speaking in absolutes about this stuff is silly...

I'm team "Nico is having a major impact on our recruiting" but Carnell Tate visited Knoxville twice before Nico committed. Is he even more interested because of Nico? 100%. Just like Nico was interested in Tennessee (he visited for the Vandy game last year and was visited by Golesh/Halze multiple times) before Spyre got involved, which makes any narrative that "Tennessee is recruiting great because of NIL" tired, lazy, and untrue.

Speaking in absolutes about this stuff is silly...
I agree...in one of my earlier posts I mentioned that Nico loved the Staff and Knoxville/UT. The NIL helped but wasn't the ONLY and likely not even the MAIN reason he chose us.

My post was right after the Kasper announcement. It was always TBD in actually getting recruits to commit, not just interested in UT. I never argued that point. You may disagree and that is Ok. Only children will continue continue to be upset with my post after several weeks. . Be an adult now and let it go. ✌️

BTW, It is still TBD how many top commitments we get here because of Nico. NIL deals will likely play a bigger role with the top tier recruits.
You argue like an angry woman. “If you disagree with me you’re childish, grow up and let me be right. If I’m wrong just conveniently ignore me being a blithering idiot.”

I apologize for any angry women insulted by this comparison.

"The Nico effect" is so strong, it made Nico commit to UT.

Does it help to have a high caliber player like Nico? Of course, but who has he got to commit? No one YET. Therefore, where is this effect? I'm not seeing an impact with offensive players, YET. Visits and top schools don't count, UT has always had high caliber players visit and in their final lists of schools.

The Heupel offense and our staff have an effect. NIL has an effect. Playing time has an effect, but I'm not seeing anyone saying I'm here visiting for Nico. Or that UT is in my top 5 because of Nico. I'm committing because of Nico. In fact, we've had one 3* offensive player committ since Nico's announcement.

Nico is an insurance for high caliber offensive players, but he's not the only deciding factor for them.

I have to agree with the others- The Nico effect is still TBD.

I don’t care how many people disagree with me. the criticism of me is misguided. I did not ever state that Nico did not have influence. The original post I made after Kasper committed to Oregon was Nico’s influence was to be determined in actually getting high caliber talent to commit here (meaning signed). The people criticizing me keep talking about Nico influencing recruits to look at TN. That was not the intent of my initial post put many are moving the goalposts of that original post I made on the topic. How long is it going to take for you to get it your thick skulls most of you have or is it your lives are so boring that you manufacture or alter the intent of some posts so you can sit there and pick at fellow VN members relentlessly for days and weeks.
Jezz, get on twitter with this back and forth bs.
z

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
The "Nico effect" isn't about who signs because of him. It's about having the opportunity to recruit players who would have otherwise been uninterested. Giving coaches the opportunity to show high level recruits what UT offers is what the "Nico effect" achieves.

There are at least 3 high-level recruits who are giving UT a chance, who wouldn't consider the Vols without Nico. . . I'm sure there are several others we dont know about yet.

Would you rather recruit three or more 5* players or zero 5* players? You have 0% chance of signing a player you never talk to. Having any chance at all is what Iamaleava's effect has given the coaches.

The "Nico effect" isn't about who signs because of him. It's about having the opportunity to recruit players who would have otherwise been uninterested. Giving coaches the opportunity to show high level recruits what UT offers is what the "Nico effect" achieves.

There are at least 3 high-level recruits who are giving UT a chance, who wouldn't consider the Vols without Nico. . . I'm sure there are several others we dont know about yet.

Would you rather recruit three or more 5* players or zero 5* players? You have 0% chance of signing a player you never talk to. Having any chance at all is what Iamaleava's has given the coaches.
Bingo.

Some would never have their poor hearts broken by never even being involved with all these 5*s smh.

Would you rather recruit three or more 5* players or zero 5* players? You have 0% chance of signing a player you never talk to. Having any chance at all is what Iamaleava's has given the coaches.
TBD on what effect Nico has until recruits actually sign on signing day and the ink has been dry for a week.

ABINGDON VOL FAN prolly

"The Nico effect" is so strong, it made Nico commit to UT.

Does it help to have a high caliber player like Nico? Of course, but who has he got to commit? No one YET. Therefore, where is this effect? I'm not seeing an impact with offensive players, YET. Visits and top schools don't count, UT has always had high caliber players visit and in their final lists of schools.

The Heupel offense and our staff have an effect. NIL has an effect. Playing time has an effect, but I'm not seeing anyone saying I'm here visiting for Nico. Or that UT is in my top 5 because of Nico. I'm committing because of Nico. In fact, we've had one 3* offensive player committ since Nico's announcement.

Nico is an insurance for high caliber offensive players, but he's not the only deciding factor for them.

I have to agree with the others- The Nico effect is still TBD.

Yet another ridiculous take. We would definitely be in the mix for all these high caliber players without Nico 🙄. Nobody is saying he is the only deciding factor for high caliber players. Just like NIL isn’t the only deciding factor. But having one of the best QBs in the country committed helps tremendously. You and a few others are the only ones that cannot seem to grasp this simple concept.

Looks like a couple "extras" on the set of the early 90's movie Ski School.
OIP.2RuQUkbrGIxrxrK49_0IHwHaEH

R.7fbd532636642725e343c49ae431146b

I can think of at minimum 3 elite recruits that wouldn’t look Tennessees way if it weren’t for Nico. He’s been here, he’s working the phone, and working ears at camps. If you can’t see the effects that’s a you problem not a we problem.
I didn't say there were no effects. I'm just not in the camp that believes recruits simply looking at Tennessee matters much, if at all. We've never cared about that before. I've never seen anyone talk about how many visits we got on NSD.

I just think player to player recruiting is way over rated. QB to WR recruiting makes sense and could be a major reason we land Tate, but I think a lot of people are making the "Nico effect" out to be orders of magnitude more important than it really is.

I didn't say there were no effects. I'm just not in the camp that believes recruits simply looking at Tennessee matters much, if at all. We've never cared about that before. I've never seen anyone talk about how many visits we got on NSD.

I just think player to player recruiting is way over rated. QB to WR recruiting makes sense and could be a major reason we land Tate, but I think a lot of people are making the "Nico effect" out to be orders of magnitude more important than it really is.

Talent wants to play with talent.
It’s been a long time since Tennessee has had this exposure for good reasons.
For years and years teams in the league and out have had center pieces that get them access to others.
Whether or not they pan out it’s good for Tennessee because it could be bad exposure again.

Would you rather recruit three or more 5* players or zero 5* players? You have 0% chance of signing a player you never talk to. Having any chance at all is what Iamaleava's effect has given the coaches.
THIS.

I'm not sure why ABDvol is having trouble with this fact.

Nico effect is real. Why not be happy about it instead of "WELP, it ain't psyinen day yet🤪"...

The journey vs the goal i guess. But it's silly not to appreciate positive happening as they happen

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

VN Store

Back