‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

My money is on manning going uga

He should do well there, especially without Cook, White, and Pickens. Also, UGA defense may have a hard time getting off the field with the losses of Dean, Salyer, Cine, Walker, and Wyatt. All eight have declared for the NFL draft.

….and I know, UGA just reloads.

He should do well there, especially without Cook, White, and Pickens. Also, UGA defense may have a hard time getting off the field with the losses of Dean, Salyer, Cine, Walker, and Wyatt. All eight have declared for the NFL draft.

….and I know, UGA just reloads.
I think they will reload and be nasty on defense again. I could be wrong but i dont think they will be as good as this year. Not sure how much of drop off though

Yeah, these guys always go to bammer. My money's on them. I think we finish a close second.

This all depends on how our offense does next year. If UT puts up massive offensive numbers, it won't matter who else comes knocking on Nico's door. Nothing is more attractive than knowing you can go somewhere and are guaranteed to light it up and have fun doing it. We got a small taste of that in Heup's first season.

Heupel took a transfer QB and a busted roster and made it look amazing within a short time frame. If we come out guns blazing, everyone will take notice.

This all depends on how our offense does next year. If UT puts up massive offensive numbers, it won't matter who else comes knocking on Nico's door. Nothing is more attractive than knowing you can go somewhere and are guaranteed to light it up and have fun doing it. We got a small taste of that in Heup's first season.

Heupel took a transfer QB and a busted roster and made it look amazing within a short time frame. If we come out guns blazing, everyone will take notice.
It will help for future QB recruits if we do well again next year. But this guy will likely be off the board well before the start of the 2022 season.

Better find a pass rush and solid pass coverage on defense or we will be a consistent 7-5 team under Heupel.

7-5 for a couple of years would be a great way to show stability

Remember: most of these kids have been watching us lose 7 or 8 games most years

Most of these kids were 11, 12 years old the last time we won back to back bowl games.

Most of these kids were 11, 12 years old the last time we won back to back bowl games.

Yep. I think there's still (shockingly) a loud minority of fans that think we'll go from fairly consistent 5-7, 4-8 and 3-7 seasons to instantly landing Top 5 recruiting classes and competing for national titles if we "just hire the right guy."

The rest of us realize no such guy exists, we're likely not competing for national titles until the latter half of this decade (in a best case scenario), and firing coaches and burning down Knoxville every 3 or 4 years is getting us nowhere. So we need to focus on gaining stability and relevance and putting together winning seasons with top 15 recruiting classes consistently and then see where we are.

not a ton of difference in relavncy though in 7-5 and 5-7 when it comes to the types of players we need to get to compete for 10 win seasons. JMO.

If we go 7-5 for 4 or 5 years under Heupel, he will not be much better than Butch Jones when it comes to total wins. He has to find at least a slightly above average defense or he won't be here past 4 or 5 years.

not a ton of difference in relavncy though in 7-5 and 5-7 when it comes to the types of players we need to get to compete for 10 win seasons. JMO.

If we go 7-5 for 4 or 5 years under Heupel, he will not be much better than Butch Jones when it comes to total wins. He has to find at least a slightly above average defense or he won't be here past 4 or 5 years.

I think we can improve recruiting each year over the next few years by having 7-5 type seasons. Tennessee recruits itself to a certain degree. We need a full roster of scholarship players to achieve 10 win seasons and we need coaching stability to get that full roster. Mark Stoops is proving that.

If our fans lose their minds over 7-5 seasons and we panic and start firing ADs and coaches again, we can expect another decade of futility.

I submit the last fifteen years as evidence in support of my position.

I think we can improve recruiting each year over the next few years by having 7-5 type seasons. Tennessee recruits itself to a certain degree. We need a full roster of scholarship players to achieve 10 win seasons and we need coaching stability to get that full roster. Mark Stoops is proving that.

If our fans lose their minds over 7-5 seasons and we panic and start firing ADs and coaches again, we can expect another decade of futility.

I submit the last fifteen years as evidence in support of my position.
Get ready for continued futility if he doesn't elevate this team past 7-5 seasons after 4 or 5 years. Any coach that's worth a crap can get TN to 9 or 10 wins by season 4. I'm not saying whether he will or won't. Again, alot of it depends on whether he can get a serviceable defense to go with the offense. I think he's on track to be better than the 3 coaches that preceded him, but how much better is yet to be seen. Recruiting will have to improve. The defense will have to improve. The offense has to be better in the 2nd and 3rd quarters and they have to put some rule in place on faking injuries, although I'm not getting my hopes up there.

Huge difference between 7-5 and 5-7. Recruits look at 7-5 and think stability and a solid program that’s got potential and promise. They see 5-7 and think it’s a losing program that is not at all promising.

Huge difference between 7-5 and 5-7. Recruits look at 7-5 and think stability and a solid program that’s got potential and promise. They see 5-7 and think it’s a losing program that is not at all promising.
Lol. OK. Doubt we're seeing a drastic improvement in recruiting if we are constantly going 7-5 versus 5-7 but again, JMO. Now...step it up to around 9 wins and yeah we'll start seeing a difference. Heupel cannot keep us at 7-5 and we expect to see top 3 classes in the conference on a consistent basis. It's just ain't happening.

Agree that there is a huge difference between 7-5 and 5-7.
but I’m not sure that consistent 7-5 type seasons show recruits a “ solid” program.

Look if we go 7-5 or 8-4 over the next couple years thats an improvement,BUTTT if we can't beat one of Florida,Georgia or Bama then it's not gonna work out.Im not sure fans want to sit back for 5 yrs praying that we beat an actual rival that defines who wins the Sec/Playoffs/Ship.We are the Tennessee Volunteers and just winning what we should is NEVER acceptable.I know it's called progress,but ur lying to urself if in 2 seasons were still 7_5 but beaten Kentucky n Missouri lol..

Speaking of mistake, anyone else remember out offense the previous four seasons?
Well, I remember that one time...Nevermind. Or what about when...forget it.
I can’t help you, I don’t remember us having anything that resembled an offense, I got nothing.🤷‍♂️
GBO!!

Reactions: butchna

Unless you’re winning championships while lighting it up and having fun.🤓
That sounds pretty attractive.
GBO!!

VN Store

Back