'20 CA DE Sayeed Shah (PWO)

Unless the numbers have changed, a team can only have 105 total players on the roster outside of the school year. During the school year, there is no limit.
Just fwiw, increased to 110 in 2018.

25 non-scholarship players

We seemed to take a healthy crop of PWOs last year. Wouldn't be surprised to see fewer this cycle.

Reactions: ChiTownVol
Quite impressive to have a PWO from this caliber of a player. Definitely means things are looking up on the Tennessee Brand.

Anyone want to wager as to whether this cat receives a scholarship after he completes his first year? I still think CJP is trying to flip his roster by promising some guys scholarships if they will PWO for one year. This 25 yearly limit really handcuffs a program that going through a transition.

This feels a lot like Pruitt might have an analytics staff trying to find some hidden gems out there. Shah's stats are pretty good. He's 6'3" or 6'4"; a little underweight for a DE, but may be a better fit at OLB. Seems like the type of player that you can't risk a scholarship on with the strict limits, but as a PWO, has some big upside potential.

Pruitt also likes these guys that are "football players" more than perhaps the "athletic freaks." Obviously, he'd prefer players that are both of those things, but think he realizes you can't coach desire. Shah is definitely a "football player."

Definitely could be a four-year special teams contributor. Pretty good for a walk-on.

I went to UT from 2007-2011 out of Florida. Paid out of state first year, and when the recession hit my parents could no longer afford it.

My options were being legally domiciled, which required release of my parents tax returns, which was out of the question or a signed form ftom an employer stating that I was working 40+ hours in the state of Tennessee.

I worked maybe 30 hours a week for 3 years and every semester had my employer write up a statement on company letter head worked 40+. Never asked for paystubs or any other proof.

If I found a loophole, I'm sure Jeremy Pruitt can.
Reported

Anyone want to wager as to whether this cat receives a scholarship after he completes his first year? I still think CJP is trying to flip his roster by promising some guys scholarships if they will PWO for one year. This 25 yearly limit really handcuffs a program that going through a transition.
There's no doubt the new 1 year rule has increased walk-on values. This staff is leveraging it very well.

And yeah, I'd be surprised if he, Jones, and Hill don't earn scholarships at some point.

VN Store

Back