'19 CA ATH/WR Horace "Bru" McCoy (Tennessee commit)

This staff showed last year they are fine with a small rotation, but the question is who’s the other outside receiver opposite of Cedric Tillman. We know Tillman and Hyatt in the slot, but that other spot is unclear. The guy the staff wants it to be is Bru McCoy and he’s shown he can do it in scrimmages and on the practice field. The problem is whether or not he will be eligible.

McCoy and Tennessee are still awaiting word. Will USC finally sign off on it or will they not sign off on his transfer which means McCoy ends up going through an appeals process with the NCAA. Everyone at Tennessee and McCoy were certainly hoping to have things resolved by this point. The longer it goes the more concerning it becomes. The guy who’s probably been the most consistent and has a chance to play opposite Tillman if McCoy can’t get eligible is Walker Merrill. We will see what happens over the next couple of weeks. It should be noted that Tennessee’s administration has and is working every angle/way they can to get things resolved.
-VQ

Yeah we could all see this crap coming a mile away when at around the beginning of camp people were saying "oh he's not eligible, but he definitely will be. Nothing to worry about here"

Yeaaaaaah right.

I'd bet my life's savings we won't know until Sep 1st at the earliest.

If UT cannot make this public with the media by now with strong confirmation that it is USC holding up the process, then shame on UT--- don't tell me ESPN, SEC Nation, or some other major sports outlet would not love to run a story on how USC won't let a kid play for no reason other than they are butt hurt... Why hasn't Sankey's ass been pushed to reach out? We can certainly make him look bad too if folks find out he was asked to help but refused...

My guess is USC isn't willing to agree with the below. My guess would also be him/us arguing a contentious environment due to the whole situation/accusation while there and the lawsuit against USC.

There's no more blanket "hardship waivers" and all the various umbrella'd reasons as before. They've tightened it up for non 1-time exception folks.

Who knows

Screenshot_20220819-075933_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
AP has said Riley isn't involved. It is the USC administration that is dragging its feet.

Hm, I have a hard time believing that. Coaches are typically the drivers of this, no? If not it would be in Riley’s best interest to pressure his boss to acquiesce to his request as this ultimately makes him look bad. In the age of transfers…

VN Store

Back