BYU vs Memphis in the Miami Beach Bowl

This Memphis team is so well coached. Other than a pair of blown assignments, they've played very intelligently as well.

Did y'all just see where they've got the announce position setup? That was crazy looking.

Highly doubt they'll combine for 52 in the second half. Memphis has the better defense, but there are adjustments that must be made. I have no idea why they're putting Jackson Dillon in coverage with his blitzing abilities.

That's what you get when you play a football game in a baseball stadium

Even if they wouldn't be in the middle of the field, I don't get why they're not in the press box. They work off monitors a lot of the time anyway and that low angle they've got is awful.

Offensively, what Memphis is doing is fine. Only one or two drives where BYU has really slowed them down, and one of those was due to a questionable false start call.

BYU's quarterback Stewart is on pace to pass for around 500 yards. He had 248 in the 1st half.

It might be a good idea for Memphis to actually play defense.

They've got a good defense (17 PPG during the season), this happens sometimes after a long layoff. I'd say it'll be a tighter performance in the second half.

Cool! They just showed Alex Ellis getting the scholarship from Butch Jones!

VN Store

Back