BYU Fan here

“The prosecution rests, your honor.”

Thank you for proving my point.
lame
  1. crippled; disabled; esp., having an injured leg or foot that makes one limp
  2. stiff and very painful: a lame back
  3. INFORMALweak, unconvincing, inadequate, etc.: a lame excuse
  4. SLANGinept, ineffectual, pathetic, etc.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Behr and bigorange
Just talk football already. Tennessee has the advantage in edge speed. We have one four-year starter at CB (was at S last year but CB in 2016 and 2017) in Dayan Ghanwoluku, but the other will be a new starter given our lockdown guy, Chris Wilcox, still hasn't recovered from a blown knee in the Boise State game last year. With UT's strength at WR, one of BYU's CBs (Isaiah Herron) will definitely need help and the other guy (Ghanwoluku) can't stay on an island all game. If Guarantano has time, there will be throws to be made. If he has a running game as well, it won't be pretty for BYU.

You are rebuilding an OL and your best player on the unit (Trey Smith) is on bloodthinners and only getting mental reps. As an aside, I'm glad doctors caught the issue and are treating him. Blood clots are no joke. This plays into the strength of BYU's defense. Even Wisconsin's Jonathan Taylor and two OL all-americans (1 consensus) with 147 total combined starts on the OL was held to his second lowest per carry average in a season where he won the Doak Walker. If there isn't a run game, and if Guarantano doesn't have time, now we have a game. Short, three-step, quick developing throws are going to be better for UT than insisting on pushing BYU around.
To be fair though, Wisconsin has been crazy one dimensional on offense for a while now. They haven't really had too much in the way of dynamic pass catchers or QBs who can distribute the ball. It will be harder to shut down the run agains a team that actually has threats on the outside (not to mention at TE and RB receiving the ball) and a QB who can put a ball in the catch radius of those threats.

One dimensional offenses are just easier to shut down (especially when that one dimension is primarily the power run game). UK was a 10 win team last year and we were able to shut down their offense despite having an inconsistent defense in year one of a transition to a vastly different scheme.

Reactions: marvin616
Not putting down any of those stadiums but Neyland is on a different level than those...That's not being bias that is just the truth...Don't believe me ask Baker Mayfield...He said Neyland is a different kind of loud....And you'll see soon enough...I've been to Darrell Royal stadium and have hear louder crowds at a 1/2 quarters full Miami hurricane game than there...Enjoy your trip and just have some fun.
Psh...That OU game was the hottest ticket in awhile and the loudest game I've attended. Neyland will sound like a funeral for BYU (especially when compared to the OU game) unless thousands of tickets are sold between now and then.

I've never fully researched the topic but I cannot recall ever seeing any really attractive 'mature' Sweedish ladies. Same with Russians. It's like their beauty has an expiration date and everything goes to heck. I'm sure there are outliers/exceptions.
I'm pretty sure that's true for literally every woman in the world. All down hill from mid twenties

Every year we get one of these threads from an early OOC opponent where the OP starts out friendly but gets feistier and feistier as the thread gets longer. By game week all the cordiality will be gone.

Go Vols, beat the cougars!

It’s gonna be a fun game. I shouldn’t have engaged in trying to counter an old and sad attack. Just couldn’t believe someone thought he was original when it was the eighth tired attempt in this thread alone.

What is UT’s situation with the middle of their back seven? Have heard a lot about OLBs and CBs, but not much about MLB and S. What can you all tell me?

What is UT’s situation with the middle of their back seven? Have heard a lot about OLBs and CBs, but not much about MLB and S. What can you all tell me?
I'm feeling more and more confident about this group, both with returning players and incoming frosh that are receiving quite a bit of praise.

Every year we get one of these threads from an early OOC opponent where the OP starts out friendly but gets feistier and feistier as the thread gets longer. By game week all the cordiality will be gone.

Yep, but they get treated like aliens from another planet here to destroy mankind, meanwhile some of us are delivering breakfast in bed to resident gators.

Makes me want to throw up in the floor and roll around in it.

It’s gonna be a fun game. I shouldn’t have engaged in trying to counter an old and sad attack. Just couldn’t believe someone thought he was original when it was the eighth tired attempt in this thread alone.

At MLB we have a senior 3 year starter in Daniel Bituli who flourishes against run heavy teams. 2 years ago he had 20 tackles against triple option GA tech. 15 against Bama same year. 6"3" 250 but very rangy.

Next to him is a true freshman who will probably be better than him by the end of the season- 6"3 235 lbs Henry To'oto'o out of powerhouse De La Salle High School in California. Defensive POY in that state. Behind them are two experienced Juniors with some ability in Shannon Reid 6'0 225 former safety out of Florida and Will Ignot 6'1 230 out of Alabama. Both can run. Ignot has been a solid player and was primed to start until the freshman phenom came to campus.

At Safety you have 3 year starter Nigel Warrior out of Georgia who has made his fair share of plays. Fast, athletic and physical. Not very big at 190 lbs. Beside him is Treyvon Flowers also out of Georgia who started as a true freshman last year, but then got injured. He's athletic enough to play CB, but he's a better FS. He's aslo a MLB prospect. Right behind them are Theo Jackson a 6'2" 200 lbs a former high school DT QB who has made some plays and another freshman monster named Jaylen "Tank" MCullogh 6'1 205 who is instinctual, fast and physical- Had two ints in the spring game. Every school in the SEC was recruiting him.

Yep, but they get treated like aliens from another planet here to destroy mankind, meanwhile some of us are delivering breakfast in bed to resident gators.

Makes me want to throw up in the floor and roll around in it.
That’s the truth

A bigger stronger Ut is at hand, the team speed aint no joke, Chandler runs a 4.3 40, Calloway posted a 4.4 40 who knows how fast Byrd is probably sub 4.4 40. New OC is one of the best in the business. This game is set up for a redo of Vols vs California 06'. Thats what i am hoping for-but i wear Orange colored glasses.

Littlevol covered that question really well for you, the only question mark for our defense is the d-line and I actually expect us to still be pretty decent there. I expect it to be a close game with lots of physicality and will probably come down to turnovers and who does the best job taking care of the ball and controlling field position with the kicking game. If you attend the game you can expect to meet lots of friendly and inviting people and you will have a great time.

Reactions: LittleVol
BYU guy- here is what Oklahoma had to say about crows noise in Neyland.

“The game wasn’t set to start for over an hour, and these people seemed to think it was kickoff time. I exited the tunnel for the pregame warm-up, and those psychotic students were already there, giving us a small preview of what to expect in the hours to come. What had we gotten ourselves into?
“What followed in the 4 quarters and 2 overtimes of play was a dissertation on the impact a crowd CAN have upon a football game. The Vol faithful made it absolutely impossible to communicate. On the first drive, we had to change our snap count, because even our silent count was ineffective against that wall of noise. I came off the field after that first drive and reassured Coach Bedenbaugh that the fans would settle down in due time, and that noise was not going to be an issue going forward. Boy was I wrong. The noise was a constant, oppressive force. I could literally feel it on my skin. But these fans weren’t just loud on the first drive. Or just on 3rd down. Or just in the fourth quarter. It was every. single. play.”

Over the years that I have lurked in OOC forums, I've seen Vols fans embarrassingly do the same thing. A number making complete ass hats of themselves and leaving the impression we're all like that. I (no longer do that) and a few others who dared to call them out, only made them worse. I don't care what opponents do on boards, I guess I will continue to have a grossly stupid and misguided view that Vols fans are a cut above such behavior. I'm often proven wrong in this. So if/when we see it here from opposing fans, my first thought is maybe they got it from our fans visits to their forum. A case of looking at ourselves first before pointing fingers at others. I can see ribbing each other without being out and out nasty and hateful. But these days especially it seems nasty and hateful is the goal for many.

Last edited:
You're not wrong. Funny that you mention it, I checked out one BYU forums and got linked right back to VN after a couple clicks.

OP seems like a good sport though. Remember the one guy from WV last year? He was practically frothing by the time the game came around.

Really good... but does not look like a real deep group. UT had a few guys nursing some nicks the other day and moved a big safety down to LB.

Bituli will be one of the better LB's you see this year- 6'3", 250 lbs... and works sideline to sideline. He is a prototype of what Pruitt has had at LB in his career as a DC. Will Ignont is a good LB... who may get beaten out by To'oto'o. I know you are conditioned to think starting a Fr is automatically a bad thing. But apparently this kid is playing like a Jr. He definitely looks worthy of his top 50 ranking in the '19 recruiting class. Behind those three guys there is talent but question marks.

VN Store

Back