Byron Young listed as starter on Rams first depth chart

Is Heupel a defensive coach? He probably didn't even talk to him at practice. Young was developed by Rodney Garner. Get over yourself and go to bed yourself.
And the reason why Garner is at UT is because of Heupel hiring him. It was Heupel and staff that develops all these players. You don’t just develop on the field, you also develop as player, athlete and as a person. The HC is responsible for everything that happens including to setting the culture, and recruiting,
When a team don’t recruit or win enough, who gets the blame? The HC takes the criticism not the assistants. Rather you like it or not, Heuple is responsible for everything that happens and when players get drafted the HC gets the recognition!!!

Reactions: swampfoxfan
We were really fortunate to have him this past year. His play definitely hid some deficiencies we had on defense. Hope he makes a lot of money and is part of the program when his long nfl career ends

Did Pruitt coach defensive line? You dudes are thinking about this way too hard. He was developed by his position coach. How is that so hard to grasp? Y'all just argue for the sake of arguing, like my 13 year old.

So when the Vols win who get credit for the win?

Our 4 playerst aken in the 3rd round were absolute steals. No one might expect a 3rd rounder to start but an overlooked guy taken in the 3rd round, sure it happens.

Remind me didn't Alvin Kamara also go in the 3rd?
I won't disagree that they were all undervalued

Did Pruitt coach defensive line? You dudes are thinking about this way too hard. He was developed by his position coach. How is that so hard to grasp? Y'all just argue for the sake of arguing, like my 13 year old.
Actually he did coach D-line his last year :rolleyes:. Because he fired the previous idiot mid-season.
While you're wasting time being a butt, maybe actually fact check.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
So obviously no head coach should get any credit for the players who get drafted off of his team. I mean obviously saban had nothing to do with Tua, or Waddle, or Derrek Henry, or any other player for that matter outside of maybe the DBs…no nevermind he does have a position coach for DBs so that guy and that guy only developed them. Dang good thing he’s a good game day coach bc he sure can’t develop 😂.

So obviously no head coach should get any credit for the players who get drafted off of his team. I mean obviously saban had nothing to do with Tua, or Waddle, or Derrek Henry, or any other player for that matter outside of maybe the DBs…no nevermind he does have a position coach for DBs so that guy and that guy only developed them. Dang good thing he’s a good game day coach bc he sure can’t develop 😂.

Actually Saban pretty much defers to his assistants . He recruits well (take that for what you will) & hires well, then puts the fear of God in everyone. Saban is a very good game coach, tirades throughout.

Is Heupel a defensive coach? He probably didn't even talk to him at practice. Young was developed by Rodney Garner. Get over yourself and go to bed yourself.
It’s Heupel’s defensive staff who actually do the day to day coaching, but neither you or I know the input Heupel may have had in coach’s meetings. Since Heupel is the head coach, he gets part of the credit for the development of all the players on his team. This staff appears to be getting more out of our players than any of the last 4-5 coaches And their staffs. I doubt that any of our current assistants would be here if Heupel was coaching at another University.

Don't get it. Pretty obvious who developed Young. It's wasn't our offensive minded head coach. 🙄

I think the point is the top guy gets the blame both ways its his organization. Just saw a article prasing Sabans last 4 super QBs, all NFL guys now. You could go to that article and reply Saban is a D coach he had nothing to do with these QBs. So its basically the HC gets the praise and blame. We will take it, helps recruiting.

Oops! I had forgotten to ignore this one during my recent purge. Thanks for the reminder!

These 5 players need to have a good preseason for the Rams

Last weekend, the Rams’ Stu Jackson noted a play in which Young showcased his speed to contain a jet sweep. As a third-round rookie, it may seem unfair to have this level of expectation to perform immediate. However, with the current state of the edge rusher position, that's the case for Young. The Rams need him to perform and these preseason reps are going to be huge for him.

Byron Young had a nice sack against the Chargers that was called back because of a facemask penalty. But the only reason he git a handful of facemask was because he was being held on the play and couldn't fully get to the QB. Still beat his man and got to the QB.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Go to bed. Young came to Tennessee under Huepel in 2021 as 3* recruit. There were eight other recruits rusted high than he was in that 2021 class that signed.
2021-His junior year he wasn’t getting much attention from the NFL? That is why he came back for his senior year.
2022- 2nd Team All SEC(AP), 1st team All SEC(Coaches), led the Vols in sacks, tackle for losses, and QB pressures. Top 5 in SEC in QB hurries, tied 6th in sacks in the SEC.

Graduated high school in 2017, and basically played 1 year between 2017 and 2021 till he signed with UT. Comes to UT on no one’s draft radars and gets drafted early 3rd round. Now he is projected to be the starter. If Heupel didn’t develop him who did then? He spent more time with Heupel and staff than he has anyone else since his high school days.

Saying Heupel didn’t develop BY, is like saying Heupel didn’t develop Hooker or Milton either.

Obviously you don’t know how coaching works. Heupel doesn’t touch the defense. The only reason BY became what he did was because of Rodney Garner. Show the proof that Heupel developed BY in any way. So using your logic, Garner helped develop Hooker. Right?

Obviously you don’t know how coaching works. Heupel doesn’t touch the defense. The only reason BY became what he did was because of Rodney Garner. Show the proof that Heupel developed BY in any way. So using your logic, Garner helped develop Hooker. Right?
Who hired Garner?

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back