Byron De'Vinner

I highly doubt Hugh Freeze would hire such a suspect individual. More likely he's supporting all his new-found coaching buddies down there.

Freeze is a bigger POS than De'Vinner. He learned from the Master Snake Orgeron. I hope Ole Miss likes losing and major sanctions because they got both with Freeze.

Freeze is a bigger POS than De'Vinner. He learned from the Master Snake Orgeron. I hope Ole Miss likes losing and major sanctions because they got both with Freeze.

Hugh Freeze is definitely NOT a POS.

Why would anybody hire a guy who was directly associated with the recruit who's ineligible now?

Yes he is...hiring De'Vinner is the tip of the iceberg

Do tell. Instead of being vague and slinging mud, provide details. Won't hurt my feelings. Out him right here on VN. Be the catalyst for an NCAA investigation into OM recruiting violations.

I'm sure your info is privileged and comes from inside sources preventing you from divulging anything of substance so not to burn said source.

Yeah, NCAA is probably gonna do a full blown investigation because someone on a message board suggested wrongdoings. Get em OCI!

Yeah, NCAA is probably gonna do a full blown investigation because someone on a message board suggested wrongdoings. Get em OCI!

So, I'm uncertain what you're inferring. Of course the NCAA comment of mine was sarcasm.

Just didn't know if you were calling out OCI or just being sarcastic in general.

Do tell. Instead of being vague and slinging mud, provide details. Won't hurt my feelings. Out him right here on VN. Be the catalyst for an NCAA investigation into OM recruiting violations.

I'm sure your info is privileged and comes from inside sources preventing you from divulging anything of substance so not to burn said source.

Are you familiar with the Michael Oher recruitment at Ole Miss?

Do you know who his coach was?

Who he was good friends with?

Where he got a job after Ohers commitment?

Reactions: 2 people
If true, I'll be really interested to see what his title is. Alabama apparently has all these "quality control assistant" positions that they fill with popular high school coaches and street agents. They're not assistants, so they dobt count against the 9 cap. It's apparently not against any rules. I've often wondered why we don't do it.

Sounds like a great position for MzTerry -- parent liaison for recruiting. She would be perfect recruiting Vol For Life Parents.

mlsoft

Reactions: 1 person
Telling recruits that your rival coach dan mullen is an atheist when he is not equals your a piece of trash. Mullen will eat that punk for lunch. Freeze is like coach o. He will do whatever it takes to get a player and worry about consequences later

Reactions: 2 people
Telling recruits that your rival coach dan mullen is an atheist when he is not equals your a piece of trash. Mullen will eat that punk for lunch. Freeze is like coach o. He will do whatever it takes to get a player and worry about consequences later

Dan Mullen will laugh when Ole Miss loses to MState again... :birgits_giggle:

In all fairness, he seems like a total prick. Telling religous recruits that Mullen is an atheist (which he is not) in order to dissuade them.. Is pretty low.

Are you familiar with the Michael Oher recruitment at Ole Miss?

Do you know who his coach was?

Who he was good friends with?

Where he got a job after Ohers commitment?

Yeah Sandra Bullock and Tim McGraw were two loving good Samaritans that just wanted what was best for him...no???

(seriously though...Im sure there was some shady s**t going down with Ohers recruitment, but what's the skinny???)

Last edited:
Yeah Sandra Bullock and Tim McGraw were two loving good Samaritans that just wanted what was best for him...no???

(seriously though...Im sure there was some shady s**t going down with Ohers recruitment, but what's the skinny???)

Oher was an allstate lineman even before the T's adopted him. The movie made it seem like Oher knew nothing about football

Freeze turned the T's on the Oher because he knew his status with being basically parentless. He was aware of the T's status with being big boosters at OM

OM was already recruiting Oher before the T's actually got involved with the adoption of Oher

Orgeron was coach and undoubtedly had promised Freeze a job if he could get Oher to commit to OM. This is my speculation. Not fact

Oher was a big lean to UT. He loved Fulmer and we were at the peak of the program

The T's swoop in and adopt Oher( not knocking what they did for him, but motives dont seem to be entirely honest)

Oher gets interviewed by the NCAA about his recruitment since the NCAA saw the potential for boosters "adopting" talented inner city players for the sake of directing them to their school

NCAA didnt want to be the bad guy. Public would look down on the NCAA for hammering a nice rich white family that took in a helpless black football player and showed him how to play football(movie version)

Real life is always more complicated

135-96 since 1993 and several SEC coach of the year honors. He had two great and 2 bad years at Ole Miss that wound up costing him his job. He is a hell of a coach, just lost the fire in recruiting. Has happened to a lot of them.

Meet Hal Mumme this spring, he spoke very highly of Houston Nutt.

VN Store

Back