Bye Bye Louisville

I don't even know what their testimonies are.

I just know cops turned off their body cams and did a completely unnecessary raid to try to get evidence that didn't exist and they killed a girl.
I agree with changing the laws, regulations, and at least downgrade the war on drugs.... from what we know..... from a legal stand point the cops are not at fault.... it’s extremely sad this happened.... it is part of the reason that you avoid being involved in that lifestyle.... nothing ever good comes from it

Reactions: dovervolz
The warrant shouldn't have been issued in the first place. It doesn't meet the criteria. The CJS ****ed this up 100 different ways and the taxpayer and the victims of the raid are the only ones who pay.

In other words, the police must show why each individual suspect may be a threat to dispose of evidence, flee or attack the police. They can’t simply state that all drug suspects present such a threat. As Stevens points out, the burden for the police here isn’t high. They just have to provide something.

The warrant for Taylor’s home doesn’t clear even that relatively low hurdle. In the portion asking permission for a “no-knock” entry, detective Joshua Jaynes writes, “Affiant is requesting a No-Knock entry to the premises due to the nature of how these drug traffickers operate. These drug traffickers have a history of attempting to destroy evidence, have cameras on the location that compromise Detectives once an approach to the dwelling is made, and a have [sic] history of fleeing from law enforcement.” (The Louisville Police Department did not return a request for comment.)

Louisville police could try to argue that by using the word “these,” Jaynes is stating that this particular group of suspects presents a risk for all of the threats he lists. But he provides little specific information as to why the targets represent a threat. The closest he comes is listing the prior criminal records of Glover and the other suspects. There’s no evidence included of previously resisting police or committing violence against another person. Nor is there any specific information about surveillance cameras at any of the residences raided.

Breonna Taylor had no criminal record except for a shoplifting charge in 2012 that was later dismissed. She had no history of violence or resisting police. There were no surveillance cameras at her house. Her only connection to the investigation is that Glover once received a package at her house, and Glover likely used her address because the two had dated several years before and remained in touch. But Jaynes provides no specific reason for the police to think Taylor was a threat to dispose of evidence, assault the officers serving the warrant or flee.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/06/03/no-knock-warrant-breonna-taylor-was-illegal/

I don't even know what their testimonies are.

I just know cops turned off their body cams and did a completely unnecessary raid to try to get evidence that didn't exist and they killed a girl.
Perhaps you should read then.
Grand jury audio details raid that killed Breonna Taylor
In a police interview played for the grand jury, Hoover said the officers announced themselves as police and knocked three times. He estimated they waited 45 seconds to a minute before going through the door.
Another officer said they waited as long as two minutes.
Walker said he heard knocking but that police did not respond to his and Taylor's repeated requests that whoever was at the door identify themselves. He told police that he grabbed his gun, and they both got up and walked toward the door.
“She’s yelling at the top of her lungs, and I am too at this point. No answer. No response. No nothing,” Walker said.
“If we knew who it was, that would have never happened,” Walker said.
But Hoover, the police lieutenant, said he believed Walker and Taylor “ambushed” the officers.
“They knew we were there. I mean, hell, the neighbors knew we were there,” he said.
Police interviews with Taylor’s neighbors, however, didn’t clear up the confusion. Two neighbors said they didn’t hear the police knocking. One of them also said he was certain he didn’t hear police identify themselves. Another man gave three differing accounts — in two of them saying he heard officers identify themselves.
After the burst of gunshots, the officers focused on the wounded Mattingly. No one else entered Taylor's apartment until a SWAT team arrived — even as she lay bleeding.
A neighbor, Summer Dickerson, told investigators she was jolted out of bed by the gunshots. Outside the apartment, she said, an officer she recognized told her that “some drug-dealing girl shot at the police.”
Walker initially told police that Taylor was the one who shot at them. He later said he was the one who fired the gun.
One law enforcement officer testified that no drugs were found in the apartment but that police ultimately never executed the search warrant.

What am I supposed to learn from those excerpts? That Walker said they knocked? I already knew they knocked because one neighbor told the NYT they did, but that it was entirely possible that the residents had no idea what was going on in the confusion. The WaPo article I just posted cited 16 neighbors as not having heard the commotion. NYT interviewed 11 to find that one guy who heard something. The lawyers interviewed 12 and found nobody.

Nobody can confirm that the police properly announced themselves except this one witness who changed his story on the third interview.

Imagine you're at home and you live in a so so neighborhood and somebody pounds on your door. You ask repeatedly who it is, and they don't respond. What choice do you have but to conclude it's not the police and defend yourself accordingly? This is probably even more dangerous than a no-knock where you bust in then immediately announce yourself. They were goaded into a gunfight that the cops were all too ready to fight. A 32 shot response to Walker's 1 warning shot.

They put these two (and themselves and the neighbors) in horrible danger for no good reason, turned off their body cams, and turned a witness. It's BS all the way around and this is exactly why we have unrest all over the country.

The warrant shouldn't have been issued in the first place. It doesn't meet the criteria. The CJS ****ed this up 100 different ways and the taxpayer and the victims of the raid are the only ones who pay.

In other words, the police must show why each individual suspect may be a threat to dispose of evidence, flee or attack the police. They can’t simply state that all drug suspects present such a threat. As Stevens points out, the burden for the police here isn’t high. They just have to provide something.

The warrant for Taylor’s home doesn’t clear even that relatively low hurdle. In the portion asking permission for a “no-knock” entry, detective Joshua Jaynes writes, “Affiant is requesting a No-Knock entry to the premises due to the nature of how these drug traffickers operate. These drug traffickers have a history of attempting to destroy evidence, have cameras on the location that compromise Detectives once an approach to the dwelling is made, and a have [sic] history of fleeing from law enforcement.” (The Louisville Police Department did not return a request for comment.)

Louisville police could try to argue that by using the word “these,” Jaynes is stating that this particular group of suspects presents a risk for all of the threats he lists. But he provides little specific information as to why the targets represent a threat. The closest he comes is listing the prior criminal records of Glover and the other suspects. There’s no evidence included of previously resisting police or committing violence against another person. Nor is there any specific information about surveillance cameras at any of the residences raided.

Breonna Taylor had no criminal record except for a shoplifting charge in 2012 that was later dismissed. She had no history of violence or resisting police. There were no surveillance cameras at her house. Her only connection to the investigation is that Glover once received a package at her house, and Glover likely used her address because the two had dated several years before and remained in touch. But Jaynes provides no specific reason for the police to think Taylor was a threat to dispose of evidence, assault the officers serving the warrant or flee.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/06/03/no-knock-warrant-breonna-taylor-was-illegal/

Oh well. Don’t do drugs. Don’t sell drugs. Don’t shack with someone that does either.

New bodycam footage shows Breonna Taylor's wailing boyfriend screaming 'my girlfriend's dead!' and telling cops that SHE shot at them and not him (before changing his story in custody) in the chaotic aftermath of her killing

Newly released bodycam footage shows Breonna Taylor's boyfriend Kenneth Walker crying 'my girlfriend's dead!' and telling cops the pair were 'in bed and scared' and that she fired the gun moments after she was shot dead in a bungled raid in March.

The footage was released to various outlets including WDRB and VICE. It shows the moments after Taylor was killed in the crossfire while her boyfriend and Louisville cops exchanged fire on March 13.

In the video, Walker is shown outside the apartment with his arms behind his head. The cops yell at him not to move and threaten to set a barking German Shepherd on him. He is heard screaming: 'My girlfriend is dead!', asking what happened and asking what he'd done wrong.

'What happened? You're going to f****g prison for the rest of your life,' officer Brett Hankison replied to him.

When they put him in handcuffs, Walker told the cops again that Taylor was dead inside, something that surprised them.

The cops ask: 'What kind of gun did she shoot?'

He replied: 'It's a nine.. it's a regular 9mm.'

Another cop asked: 'Did she shoot or did you shoot?'

He replied: 'It was her! She was scared!'

New bodycam footage shows Breonna Taylor's boyfriend screaming 'my girlfriend's dead!' | Daily Mail Online

Reactions: Rickyvol77
What am I supposed to learn from those excerpts? That Walker said they knocked? I already knew they knocked because one neighbor told the NYT they did, but that it was entirely possible that the residents had no idea what was going on in the confusion. The WaPo article I just posted cited 16 neighbors as not having heard the commotion. NYT interviewed 11 to find that one guy who heard something. The lawyers interviewed 12 and found nobody.

Nobody can confirm that the police properly announced themselves except this one witness who changed his story on the third interview.

Imagine you're at home and you live in a so so neighborhood and somebody pounds on your door. You ask repeatedly who it is, and they don't respond. What choice do you have but to conclude it's not the police and defend yourself accordingly? This is probably even more dangerous than a no-knock where you bust in then immediately announce yourself. They were goaded into a gunfight that the cops were all too ready to fight. A 32 shot response to Walker's 1 warning shot.

They put these two (and themselves and the neighbors) in horrible danger for no good reason, turned off their body cams, and turned a witness. It's BS all the way around and this is exactly why we have unrest all over the country.
I would turn on every light in the house. Would make identifying whoever it was much easier if they did come through the door. The whole thing was unnecessary. Legal, but unnecessary. As for the body cams, those need to be set up so the individual cannot disarm it.

Lol. I’m sure. It was an unfortunate event that was handled about as poorly as could be. That said I have no problem with enforcing drug laws or issuing warrants pertaining to them.
I also have no problem when someone shoots someone who has shot at them.

I would turn on every light in the house. Would make identifying whoever it was much easier if they did come through the door. The whole thing was unnecessary. Legal, but unnecessary. As for the body cams, those need to be set up so the individual cannot disarm it.

The problem with body cams (or BWC's, as they are called) is that it's tough to find a place to mount them where they give you a good picture (mine is on the right side of my outer vest, so it angles somewhat to the right), and the battery life isn't that good. We use WatchGuard vehicle and BWC digital systems, and while the auto-upload and digital integrity functions are nice, my BWC never lasts more than 7-8 hours. And yes, I can manually enable or disable it. So what I end up having to do is pick and choose whether I enable my BWC, depending on what I'm doing (traffic stop, service call, zone check, etc.). My vehicle camera is always on, but it doesn't always "see what I see", so...

I know the Axon BWC is widely-used, but we're in bed with Motorola, so WatchGuard it is. For now. The newer cameras are better, but mine, which is older (since I'm part-time) never makes it through a full shift. OTOH, it has served me well on a couple of traffic stops that went south when we were able to go back and play that video and "see & hear" exactly what I saw and heard when I was at the violators vehicle.

Eventually, technology will close the gap. Until then, we use them as best as we can to record each interaction with the public.

EDIT: For any known high-risk encounter (warrant service, dynamic entry, domestic violence, felony call) it would absolutely be on.

Reactions: InVOLuntary

The one with the giant hole you can stick your finger in is never a BB gun .( Like ever ) Rule of thumb .. look at the end of the barrel , if your first though is damn that a big azz hole .. you should worry . Also you don’t just have seconds if you are in your home , unless your bed is in front of the front door . You have rooms separating your bedroom from the entrance and I’ve never heard of cops sneaking into a house through the front door as soon as they gain entry they start yelling who they are and for you to come out into the open . It sounded good though if you ignore facts and logic .

Do cops really sue when they get hurt in the line of duty? That just sounds like sour grapes.
Most places, no, but I don’t think it’s because they can’t. Most police departments here have worker’s compensation benefits and most people who hurt police officers don’t have much money. My recollection (not legal advice) is that you have to turn over any outside compensation to the WC insurer. You can’t get a windfall from an on-the-job injury. It’s fraud. So in most cases if you sue, you’re losing your worker’s compensation benefits to get a judgment that, in all practical terms, is worth nothing.

All of this knowledge comes from a story I heard about a police officer who had sought restitution for an injury that was paid by worker’s compensation. Cop had been using the probation office to get monthly payments from some guy who was working at a car wash. Dude got behind and the cop got the PO to file a revocation and then went and arrested him, resulting in the defendant getting fired from his job.

So the defendant’s attorney did what any good tax payer would do and reported the fact that the cop had defrauded the worker’s comp insurer to the city attorney. He got fired too.

So TIFWIW.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back