Bye-bye cold beer? Tennessee bill aims to ban sale of refrigerated alcoholic beverages. What to know

I mean, it's not like dem drunkards goin to obey no damn DUI law anyways. So what good is they? Might as well goes ahead and abolish all lawz since dem criminals ain't gonna pay no heed to em.
If you lawyer types would stop pleading violent felonies down to misdemeanors the criminals might take notice.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
This is just dumb, even though Gant was hit head-on by a drunk driver a couple years ago. I'm betting this doesn't pass but I could be wrong.

Reactions: EasternVol
If you’re old enough to sign up for a lopadicfromy, you’re old enough to drink beer. JMO.

Thank you for teaching me the opposite operation from an "addadictomy". I have known of only half that equation for years. Teamwork makes the dream work brother.

Dude needs to be voted out of office for proposing something so stupid.
On my way to work this morning Gant was on a local radio show in Memphis. He said he wanted to clear up any misunderstanding and stated that cold beer sales will not be outlawed. The misunderstanding has something to do with the bill's caption. I guess the caption of the bill is all that's being seen. The bill will encompass things they hope will reduce drunk driving. But he said a few times, outlaw of cold beer sales will not be in this bill.

He didn't get into details of what the bill may be. It sounds like they are still discussing ideas. Something mentioned was possibly cutting off alcohol sales after a certain time each night. Or having restaurants/bars have a cap on how much they can serve one person if no DD is with them. He kept stressing increased awareness for drunk driving. Maybe the caption was just to get attention. Maybe it's something they floated just to see how people respond. But he said nothing in the legislation will end cold beer sales at groceries and gas stations.

Last edited:
Reactions: Behr and McDad
Bill needs to burn.

I wasn't sure if they were just talking about take home beers, but nope, they want to limit how much you can drink out at a restaurant or other place.

"What this legislation does, is if you cannot prove that you have a designated driver then this legislation would put a cap on the number of drinks that you can be served," he said.

are they going to create a database? Or are you just encouraging people to drink and drive more? "Oh I have had my two beers here and can't have any more? Lets drive across town to this other place, and have two more....."

I see your point. We are never going to prevent people from drinking and driving, so we might as well just live with it and get over it.
or just shows the futility of making dumb laws because other laws are already being broken. Also shows how the good intentions "of saving a life" are really just going to ruin things for the responsible non-law breakers, while changing absolutely nothing about the law breakers. willing to bet this leads to more issues, than fixes.

the actual fix would be to address the people rather than the object and leave innocent people out of it.

On my way to work this morning Gant was on a local radio show in Memphis. He said he wanted to clear up any misunderstanding and stated that cold beer sales will not be outlawed. The misunderstanding has something to do with the bill's caption. I guess the caption of the bill is all that's being seen. The bill will encompass things they hope will reduce drunk driving. But he said a few times, outlaw of cold beer sales will not be in this bill.

He didn't get into details of what the bill may be. It sounds like they are still discussing ideas. Something mentioned was possibly cutting off alcohol sales after a certain time each night. Or having restaurants/bars have a cap on how much they can serve one person if no DD is with them. He kept stressing increased awareness for drunk driving. Maybe the caption was just to get attention. Maybe it's something they floated just to see how people respond. But he says there's no intention to end cold beer sales at groceries and gas stations.

Gant is lying right through his teeth. The bill says what the caption implies....

Reactions: hog88 and LouderVol

VN Store

Back