Bye bye Butch - Purdue bound (message board rumor)

That's great good to see you around.

Depends on who you follow I suppose. Lol

Here's to better days ahead.

Program seems in better shape (thus easier to attract a decent coach than when he was hired), but my sense is that CBJ has done what he does. Stability.

Looks like we need that 'next level' guy at some point, or he needs to step way up with a far better staff.

Absolutely (either way) to... better days ahead!! GBO!

Reactions: 1 person
Program seems in better shape (thus easier to attack a decent coach than when he was hired), but my sense is that CBJ has done what he does. Stability.

Looks like we need that 'next level' guy at some point, or he needs to step way up with a far better staff.

Absolutely (either way) to... better days ahead!! GBO!

Yep. Jones fit a short term role proceeding a Dooley type mess for that reason. I said it a few days ago, Jones was better following a complete mess at a place like this instead of a 7 or 8 win guy that just couldn't get over the hump. It makes his progress measurable. I know some closer to the situation than me hoped he could hire a great staff from Top to bottom and let them do their thing. The staff has had holes in it from day 1, and 4 years later most of those holes still exist.

Personally I don't think he's got the "next level" in him and the clock is ticking.

Reactions: 6 people
Do I believe agents try to angle their client in a manner to get them more $? Absolutely. Dumbo Fishers agent at FSU does it every year with LSU. And one year Dumbo's agent even used UT.
Agents get paid on a % basis of their clients salary.
Do I think for one second Butch wants to leave UT? Not even close. In spite of the minority of idiots here, he loves UT.

Then why did he say "**** them all"?

Yep. Jones fit a short term role proceeding a Dooley type mess for that reason. I said it a few days ago, Jones was better following a complete mess at a place like this instead of a 7 or 8 win guy that just couldn't get over the hump. It makes his progress measurable. I know some closer to the situation than me hoped he could hire a great staff from Top to bottom and let them do their thing. The staff has had holes in it from day 1, and 4 years later most of those holes still exist.

Personally I don't think he's got the "next level" in him and the clock is ticking.

Nailed it.

Agreed, and if we don't get him out of here sooner rather than later, we'll be back at square one. We're already at the beginning of diminishing returns with him.

Reactions: 1 person
Agreed, and if we don't get him out of here sooner rather than later, we'll be back at square one. We're already at the beginning of diminishing returns with him.

I agree that if you keep a "starter" guy around too long you will end up closer to where he started than his high mark.

I'm not in the "anybody but Butch" camp. The next guy (right now) is walking into a better situation than any of the last 3 coaches got. Couple that with the right AD and the field of good coaches broadens out.

Jones doesn't want Blackburn.

And that's because Blackburn will tell CBJ what he needs to do to improve the program under no uncertain terms and Butch knows it. What Butch doesn't realize is that David will help him a great deal in the end.

I agree that if you keep a "starter" guy around too long you will end up closer to where he started than his high mark.

I'm not in the "anybody but Butch" camp. The next guy (right now) is walking into a better situation than any of the last 3 coaches got. Couple that with the right AD and the field of good coaches broadens out.

Unless this continues to play out and he ****s the bed again next year. It's better to get him out now, how much revenue do we stand to lose next year if we keep the guy around?

And that's because Blackburn will tell CBJ what he needs to do to improve the program under no uncertain terms and Butch knows it. What Butch doesn't realize is that David will help him a great deal in the end.

Butch doesn't want Blackburn because a strong AD is horrible for his job security.

Reactions: 2 people
5845fc062260c.image.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
I still can't believe there was a faction here that thought Butch was going to be fired or go to Purdue. 2017 is Butch's do or die year. He beat Florida and UGA and nothing short of going 5-7 was ever going to cost him his job this season.

I don't know if Butch can get us back to the top but I want him to succeed. Here's hoping he gets us to Atlanta next year.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back