Buzz Peterson 10-7 @ Coastal Carolina

I'll take a guess, Buzz's best start at Tennessee? :dunno:

Buzz always did seem to have a way of getting 10 wins by early January and then whimpering to a 15-16 win season.

bad memories of last second buzzer beaters

Did you know Buzz Peterson was Michael Jordan's roommate?

Did you know John Winchester and Boomer Herndon were two of Buzz's top recruits?

buzz.jpg

184760.jpg

Just some visuals to remember a coach we'd rather forget.

Slamming a guy after he has been gone for 2 years is about as class-less as a fan can get. He is a great guy who worked his butt off for our university, but just could not get the job done. Some coaches are great small college coaches, but not large college coaches. He will do fine where he is now...taking pot shots at a guy trying to get back on the coaching track is pretty crappy. I would expect that from Bama fans, but not Vol fans.

Pathetic.

I like Buzz, we shouldn't be too hard on him.

However, I didn't like one thing. I don't think CBP does this, but I don't like when coaches wear suits with tennis shoes.

Slamming a guy after he has been gone for 2 years is about as class-less as a fan can get. He is a great guy who worked his butt off for our university, but just could not get the job done. Some coaches are great small college coaches, but not large college coaches. He will do fine where he is now...taking pot shots at a guy trying to get back on the coaching track is pretty crappy. I would expect that from Bama fans, but not Vol fans.

Pathetic.

Is that you Ladainian Tomlinson?

I'm kidding, Buzz is a great guy always positive and smiling. He just isn't a great coach and is riding the Michael Jordan association wave through his career. I'd sit down and drink a beer and laugh it up with him but would never hire him to coach my basketball team.

Pathetic.

Who is slamming him?

You can't bring up his W-L record without being accused of slamming him? Vol fans are the reason Buzz is 10-7 I suppose?

Peterson was a pious rube who spent four years stealing money by imitating an SEC coach and running our program into the ground. The only reason not to spend copious amounts of time hammering him is that doing so takes time away from ripping Jerry Green.

We do owe a big part of our basketball renaissance to Buzz. Granted it took somebody transferring to open up a scholarship, but Buzz was the only D-1 coach to make an offer to Chris Lofton. Pitino said he could walk-on, so without Buzz's offer, Lofton would have wowed his way into an eventual scholarship at UofL.

Hat is right though, Buzz was paid handsomely for the contribution of Lofton.

Peterson was a pious rube who spent four years stealing money by imitating an SEC coach and running our program into the ground. The only reason not to spend copious amounts of time hammering him is that doing so takes time away from ripping Jerry Green.

lol:lolabove:

We do owe a big part of our basketball renaissance to Buzz. Granted it took somebody transferring to open up a scholarship, but Buzz was the only D-1 coach to make an offer to Chris Lofton. Pitino said he could walk-on, so without Buzz's offer, Lofton would have wowed his way into an eventual scholarship at UofL.
My response to that would be that he is also the talent evaluator who gave us Boomer Herndon, John Winchester, Jamere Hendrix, and Damien Harris.

VN Store

Back