Butch's next job.....

Wherever Botch ends up I hope they will pay him a HUUUGGGEEEEE salary to offset our buyout expense.

I've heard Kansas, UTEP, and South Alabama.

Assuming nothing else explosively negative comes out, where do you think CBJ ends up next ?

And before all the "who cares?"/"just glad he's gone", etc. etc. kicks in, you all know there's a morbid curiosity about this - it's like wanting to see what your ex's new bf/gf looks like.

Would that be girls softball or field hockey?

Assuming nothing else explosively negative comes out, where do you think CBJ ends up next ?

And before all the "who cares?"/"just glad he's gone", etc. etc. kicks in, you all know there's a morbid curiosity about this - it's like wanting to see what your ex's new bf/gf looks like.

Of those 3, I could see him doing OK at UTEP. Decent fan base (for school that size), in talent rich state, expectations not too high.

Regardless I hope they pay him a good amount of money as we only have to play the difference between what he makes there and his salary at UT.

I wish him the best though. Butch brought this program from the dumps. Whoever gets this job will win big here. Coach deserves a little credit. Butch just like Al Golden, no one can deny that he couldn't recruit, but his scheme wasn't suitable for Miami football. Next coach will come in and win 10 games.

Reactions: 1 person
I bet most thought Dooley wouldnt be coaching again either lol

dez-bryant-yelling-at-derek-dooley-and-tony-romo.gif

I'm not sure how he ever became a coach anywhere. Seems to me he is a better BS artist than a football coach. My guess is he takes the 8 or 9 million he got in the buyout and retires to FL or somewhere where retired people go.

i was calling UTEP even before he was fired. How fitting for him, literally the worst team in FBS-1 for the worst coach in FBS-1 :)

Reactions: 2 people
It'd be nice if he and Kiffin had the stones to schedule UT wherever he ends up.

I frankly look forward to being able to pull against Jones now.

I think Butch would be best suited for a program that has the mentality of "You win some, you lose some. Just get us in a bowl game and all will be fine." There are a lot of schools out there that had Butch Jones had a season like this year he would have gotten another year.

I do think Butch would be a great fit for Kansas. Their non-conference schedule is not that difficult so that is likely three wins a year there. It is unlikely that they beat Oklahoma, Okie Lite, or TCU. However you would have to think that between Texas, Baylor, Texas Tech, Kansas St, Iowa St, and West Virginia there are three wins somewhere.

Probably line coach Div 2 somewhere. Think he's underqualified to do any HC for awhile. I got the slowest laptop in the freeworld!!

I suddenly think Butch is the best coach in the nation. I think Alabama or Florida should hire him immediately....

and pay him like, and 8 million signing bonus...

Last edited:

VN Store

Back