Butch statement at the end

I watched the Jones postgame show on the SEC Network and saw a stat that said UT only gained 58 yards in the second half.

I don't think we suck...I think the team just doesn't care and they don't respect CBJ anymore...

It's a sad situation when Gene Chizek makes sense. There is no excuse for this performance. We are so predictable offensively. We never did anything outside the normal to move the ball. Pitiful!

Um, dont want to give away trick plays like Georgia did!

Butch hasn't lost the locker room. The players have been working a long time since the start of camp. They are burned out. With GA next week they just couldn't get cranked up. A vocal leader is needed, who will it be. Expect a grand effort next week.

Our Oline was concerning. Pass blocking was ok but run blocking suffered. Scott wants to stay balanced but can't get enough run blocking. He is being forced to put the game on a green QB.

We are really hurting for a tight end now.

Everyone on this team as to make a committment every day to what they are going to give to this football team.

Not word for word but interesting statement.

"You got my back"

Jones is going to run the program right back in the ditch.

It's a sad situation when Gene Chizek makes sense. There is no excuse for this performance. We are so predictable offensively. We never did anything outside the normal to move the ball. Pitiful!

Ran an end around to Byrd for 15 yds. finally and in 4th game. Don't have to watch much film on UT it being so repititive. Chaney our ex-OC called flea flicker on 1st play. Debord could come up with a little something but CLS has missed the bus. SEC experience speaks for itself.

Reactions: 1 person
I thought JG was supposed to be the savior?

Play his azz and be done with it. Stepped into throw and hit Johnson with perfect strike and he dropped it. Should be Byrd playing slot to start with. I'm sitting on a couch confused as heck so I can start to imagine how screwed up I'd be on the sideline.

Reactions: 1 person
If the OL plays like they played today we can't beat anybody in the SEC.

UT didn't play Robertson or Tuttle plus a lot of 2nd - 3rd teamers were getting reps on both lines. It was dang hot down on that field but that should have worked to our advantage you'd think.

Butch hasn't lost the locker room. The players have been working a long time since the start of camp. They are burned out. With GA next week they just couldn't get cranked up. A vocal leader is needed, who will it be. Expect a grand effort next week.

Our Oline was concerning. Pass blocking was ok but run blocking suffered. Scott wants to stay balanced but can't get enough run blocking. He is being forced to put the game on a green QB.

We are really hurting for a tight end now.

Whom is the worst run blocking tight end in Tennessee history.

I think Butch has played games with this roster. I think he plays favorites and punishes players by burying them in the depth chart until fans and media start asking questions.

I have no inside knowledge but this is the perception, at least how it looks to me from the outside looking in.

Player development under Butch has been horrid. Dobbs and Barnett aside most of our roster e just haven't been able to get the best from for whatever reason. Butch is in danger of losing this team, if that happens and they can't right the ship this season is going to be very ugly.
This☝🏼

Which is because of bad coaching...

He needs a little R.Sanders and J/B Cooter to teach him a few tricks. Better move on J/B fast cause stock is rising just like A.Lynn at San Diego. You want the up and comers shuck the cash. It's that simple.

Ran an end around to Byrd for 15 yds. finally and in 4th game. Don't have to watch much film on UT it being so repititive. Chaney our ex-OC called flea flicker on 1st play. Debord could come up with a little something but CLS has missed the bus. SEC experience speaks for itself.

But according to VN they both sucked too

Geez, maybe if he'd keep his head out of his a** long enough to actually coach & develop players, they wouldn't be losing respect for him.

If I was a 2018 recruit right now, I'd be looking for another home after this pathetic performance today.

This post is pathetic

I think Butch sees that he may not have lost this whole Tennessee Team...but, certainly some players. Which is why he said what he said.

That's kinda what that sounds like. I wonder if there is a negative atmosphere.

I'm just so tired of Tennessee drama....year after year after year....

After a while, you start to think, "...there are a hell of alot better ways to spend my Saturdays than with this douche of a coach..."

Just tired of it all.

Proved today why he wasn't starting. Been seeing it. He got in at a odd time really. Expected to see him much earlier.

People all around me were calling for JG to go in way before he did, and what happened when he did? The same things that happened when QD was in. The same screen play and lost yardage. Seems to me the OC wasn't helping either qb out.

VN Store

Back