Butch Jones

I wouldn't say he developed Watt since he's on Defense and definately didn't develop Kamara. He underused him.

True. That's why I said he had a great eye for talent. Kamara and Watt were talented despite Butch's best attempt to get the least out of them.

Beat me to it. I would add that it’s a shame he could spot Kelce’s talent as a TE but didn’t have enough sense to know how to get Hurd as a TE and Kamara on the field at the same time.

Brian Kelly recruited Kelce not Butch.

Good points. But the rest of those players developed under Butch. And you still gotta give him credit for recruiting Watt in the first place.

It's similar to how he misused Kamara but nonetheless did find a way to recruit Alvin to Tennessee.

Don't see where Butch gets any credit, he recruited a 2* TE who he wanted to make a OL. Credit goes to Bielema for recognizing Watts potential and to JJ for reaching it.

Brian Kelly recruited Kelce not Butch.

Well, the video stated that Butch moved him from QB to TE. That was my point wrt Hurd. Butch should have played him at TE at times in order to get Kamara on the field at the same time.

Well, the video stated that Butch moved him from QB to TE. That was my point wrt Hurd. Butch should have played him at TE at times in order to get Kamara on the field at the same time.

Most the offers Kelce received were to play DE, Kelly's offer gave him a chance at the QB position, a position Kelce wanted to play. Butch moved him to TE, it was one he was better suited to play.

Butch played Hurd at the position he was best suited for. One where the team needed him to play. We didn't need another WR/TE.

The is AK but just as easily been JH if he had listened to his coaches.

PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL
  • Became the first running back in NFL history to total at least 500 rushing yards and 500 receiving yards in each of his first four seasons
  • Was named the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year in 2017 and also earned his first Pro Bowl selection as a rookie

Last edited:

VN Store

Back