Butch Jones

We won 9 games twice under Butch. He certainly wasn't perfect or even the long term answer, but we had more success under him than I think we'll see under Pruitt. Hope I'm wrong.
You Are NOT wrong my friend. I so wanted a black autographed jersey from today, what happened?

Reactions: UTwild82
We won 9 games twice under Butch. He certainly wasn't perfect or even the long term answer, but we had more success under him than I think we'll see under Pruitt. Hope I'm wrong.
I cant remember a game during the Botch era when one of his teams was as flat and disinterested as today. If I was a future Vol foe, I would run the slant 55 times in a row. We have not stopped it all year. Either double the guy or have the linebackers drop back into the passing lanes. I havent played since middle school , but I solved the slant problem-( you're welcome JP.) Also, since Ky picked off a Mike Leach team 6 times, what made us think that we could run the same plays we"ve used since 2017 and they (ky) would be fooled? Hubris is PAINFUL !( LAST sec east title 2007? I think ? ) next sec title 2055?

Even though Butch was the worst game manager in recent memory, I believe that he worked very hard and put his heart into improving Vol Football. I am surprised that he hasn"t taken another job in a power 5 conference. The man could recruit - look at all the NFL guys he hooked. Thoughts ? Why is he radioactive?
Why should he take a head coach job right now. Is Tennessee still paying him?

To be fair....who's the last coach to beat Florida and Georgia in the same year? Like Pruitt is gonna do that? Lmao.

True but he did get UF with Butter Teeth Shark Humper and first year Kirby Smart who only went 6-6 that year (and it still took a miracle). But Ws are Ws.

This was a total mis game managed profile! I’m a Tenn grad but I swear I never saw so many ot in inspired players in my life!!! Show
Me or I’m done

He was great at making PR videos like the one when he arrived in Knoxville stepping off the Aircraft, with the fake smoke like he was coming in to kick some ass. Guy was a total joke and belonged in front of the Big Tent as a carnival barker.
Also, he had the best staff in America...IF a coach has to say that, beware..............

I would say Dooley put as much heart and soul into the program as Butch did. Maybe even more. And I think he treated people better than Butch did. Just made a bad DC hire his last season.
The difference in the way Dools treated people was insignificant compared to Butch

The difference in the way Dools treated people was insignificant compared to Butch
One thing I heard about Dooley is that he was somewhat of a micro manager when he was head coach here. Which is not always a good thing.

At this point, qualitatively, is there really any evident difference between Jones and Pruitt?

Still can’t compete at the top level. Still losing to bad teams. Still seemingly not effectively developing a QB (Dobbs was good because of his talent - He was never developed to his full potential under Jones). Still getting a little bit of hype to start a year only to conduct an epic collapse when the pressure is on.

Come on now he should have given half his paycheck to a josh Dobbs. Just like Fulmer should have to David Cutcliffe.

Butch preferred small fast linemen to big slow linemen. Will not work in the SEC. He should have been reminded of Bear Bryant's answer when asked which he preferred: "I prefer big fast linemen."
At least we were close in big games.

While he had to go, I do think he made us a better program for his first 3 years. But he peaked and was clearly headed south.
Sadly, I don’t see any improvement in the past 3 years.

Even though Butch was the worst game manager in recent memory, I believe that he worked very hard and put his heart into improving Vol Football. I am surprised that he hasn"t taken another job in a power 5 conference. The man could recruit - look at all the NFL guys he hooked. Thoughts ? Why is he radioactive?
Butch?

is a joke.

I'll probably take some heat but I honestly believe we'd be in better shape right this minute if we had Butch as coach, trust me he got on my last nerve and wasn't great at developing players but Pruitt hasn't done any better. The recruiting class he had committed before he was fired was a pretty decent class. Butch wasn't the answer but Pruitt doesn't seem to be either. If Pruitt doesn't show improvement next season he'll be gone and we must hire a proven HC no more bargain bend.

I'll probably take some heat but I honestly believe we'd be in better shape right this minute if we had Butch as coach, trust me he got on my last nerve and wasn't great at developing players but Pruitt hasn't done any better. The recruiting class he had committed before he was fired was a pretty decent class. Butch wasn't the answer but Pruitt doesn't seem to be either. If Pruitt doesn't show improvement next season he'll be gone and we must hire a proven HC no more bargain bend.

Butch wasn’t the answer at the end of his tenure and isn’t the answer now. Pruitt isn’t the answer, either.

This should be obvious to any sane Vol fan. Nothing else needs to be said.

Time to move forward.

VN Store

Back