Butch Jones

Because of the way he treated people behind the scenes, he's a grade A POS

That happens every day, especially on here, and people look the other way. Why should it be any different for Botch? Rhetorical question :)

Even though Butch was the worst game manager in recent memory, I believe that he worked very hard and put his heart into improving Vol Football. I am surprised that he hasn"t taken another job in a power 5 conference. The man could recruit - look at all the NFL guys he hooked. Thoughts ? Why is he radioactive?
Most of the bricks are still on the pallet.

Supposedly he's been offered or at least in the running for HC jobs. I believe I read he was the favorite for the Arizona St job and took himself out of the running. He seems content to take our $ and play office boy for Nick
It was said he declined a Rutgers interview. UT needs to investigate for offset purposes.

Why are we talking about the worst football coach in the history of UT football?

Another great reminder of TN’s failures before a KY game we’ll be lucky to win and season we’ll be lucky to get to .500.

Even though Butch was the worst game manager in recent memory, I believe that he worked very hard and put his heart into improving Vol Football. I am surprised that he hasn"t taken another job in a power 5 conference. The man could recruit - look at all the NFL guys he hooked. Thoughts ? Why is he radioactive?

I bet you think that Guarantano is a great quarterback too, right?

Didnt care for Butch but at least we were besting teams by several touchdowns...and the big 3 weren't 21 point blowout except bama

Very good post! I didn’t care for Butch either. Pruitt will need to get a lot more competitive against GA, FL, & Bama. With the exception of Bama last year, none of the others were competitive. If our offense does anything positive in the 2nd 1/2 last week it’s an interesting game. Hoping GA beats Bama by 2 TDs today.

Nobody expected a SEC championship this year but a win over Bama or FL coupled with a 7-3 conference record would be a great season this year, at least for me.

GO VOLS!

Reactions: whodeycin85
Symptoms of Barb's Chip-Dip intoxication may include the following:
  • Baseless thoughts or feelings that attempt to persuade one that Butch Jones didn't suck
  • Dangerous levels (when you should seek medical attention) - When you feel compelled to post the aforementioned thoughts in a public forum on freaking game day.

Reactions: Jravol78

I am surprised that you’re surprised that he can’t find another job, given his reputation and widely reported character issues, on top of his coaching resume. He’ll probably end up back in one of the junior conferences, where he belongs.

I hate to justify with a response, but
1) He didn't have to coach against Smart and his 75 five stars
2) he had a Muschamp and Mclwain coached Florida team which he choked away twice on the final play.
3) did you see the 2017 season?
4) lets be real Josh "shoulda won the Heisman for what he did" Dobbs was all Butch had.
5) Pruitt then had to come in with a month to recruit and the worst OLine I have ever seen anywhere in football to work with.

I could go on. But I'd rather watch SEC Nation.

I don't see him ever becoming a power 5 head coach again.. Maybe a small college.
I was at the Oklahoma game ( loudest crowd I've ever seen out of 230 games I've went to..
I saw and knew on that night that Butch was never a true coach..
Let's move on.

Reactions: vettefool
Because nobody has wanted him that was also going to pay the buyout ?

First 4 win season in our program’s history was under his watch. Up until then, Tennessee and Ohio St were the only programs who had never won fewer than 5 games. Even Dooley managed to keep the streak alive
Please explain to @Boca Vol why this matters.

Come on Fade! UT has had several 4,3,2, and 1 win seasons. The last 4 win season was in 1977. It was UT's 1st 8 loss season.

Behr, Fade's post proves how insignificant that stat is in the grand scheme of things.

All-Time Records for Tennessee

Last edited:
It's the morning of a game day, and 2 of the first 4 threads on the football forum concern Butch Jones, who was fired 3 years ago next month. Weird.

Because he is the only coach in the last 15 years to beat Florida and Georgia. Something that we seem to be incapable of doing because of our suckage ass coaches and administration.

I would say Dooley put as much heart and soul into the program as Butch did. Maybe even more. And I think he treated people better than Butch did. Just made a bad DC hire his last season.

Weird timing on this question. Butch could recruit but he was weak on football x and o’s and could not develop players.

We won 9 games twice under Butch. He certainly wasn't perfect or even the long term answer, but we had more success under him than I think we'll see under Pruitt. Hope I'm wrong.

VN Store

Back