Butch Jones???

Chitlin&theDude

Is this guy gonna get a job this off-season? Even as a positions coach or coordinator? No one wants to hire him? I assume his agent floated MD last year, CSU & Rutgers this year to help his cause. But jeezzz, it'd be nice to at least mitigate some of his buyout and free up some cash. (Great hire Dave!)

Colorado State backed off because the Title IX stuff that happened here. Might be hard for him to get a job.

Reactions: 08Vol
If you can't learn from your mistakes, you are an idiot. We at TN have not been able to learn from our mistakes, we must be honest. We had to pay Dooley $$$5,000,000.00 for his buy out. We didn't learn as we then hired boy butch and had to pay him(still paying) $$$8,100,000.00 for his buy out. Our AD isn't smart enough to negotiate a contract that pays (and pay big) for results, not so much for crap. They haven't been smart enough to realize how poorly they negotiate, for if they did, they would hire a professional negotiator. SABAN worked without any buy out at all when he went to BAMA, he felt if he couldn't do the job, BAMA should be able to fire him-that is a stand up guy. He has one [buy-out] now, but he has earned his contract and buy out, with results. Those that say we couldn't get a great coach without a huge buy-out clause, etc. are the ones that can't learn from previous mistakes, and can't learn from the history of other programs. Don't forget, there was a large number of boy butch fans, many on this very board! They would attack you, if you questioned boy butch's ability to HC UT, they aren't that upset that the object of their man-crush is still getting paid.

He sucks ! Nobody in their right mind is going to hire him as Major program Head Coach. The best TN can hope for is he gets a position coach job at a decent program that pays a nice salary to offset the overall sum of his buyout. Never ever should have been hired here ! Thank you Dave Hart you sorry peckerwood !

He sucks ! Nobody in their right mind is going to hire him as Major program Head Coach. The best TN can hope for is he gets a position coach job at a decent program that pays a nice salary to offset the overall sum of his buyout. Never ever should have been hired here ! Thank you Dave Hart you sorry peckerwood !

Be glad Alabama is paying him what they are. And he can shove that cigar up his ass.

Were gonna Sue his a** once his contract is done. I'm surprised he didn't take a high school coordinator job to rub our face in it. I almost typed something about Butch Jones and prostate cancer but I deleted it. Still sticking to my 2019 resolution to be a better person.

Colorado State backed off because the Title IX stuff that happened here. Might be hard for him to get a job.
Colorado State chose Addazio because Urban was advising on the hire. Consequently Addazio hired Urban's son in law today as an assistant.

Colorado State chose Addazio because Urban was advising on the hire. Consequently Addazio hired Urban's son in law today as an assistant.

While what you said is mostly fact, they used the Title IX excuse for backing off Butch. It's a pretty big deal, and should be enough for us to be able to negotiate his buyout some.

Reactions: 08Vol
Is this guy gonna get a job this off-season? Even as a positions coach or coordinator? No one wants to hire him? I assume his agent floated MD last year, CSU & Rutgers this year to help his cause. But jeezzz, it'd be nice to at least mitigate some of his buyout and free up some cash. (Great hire Dave!)
I think Saban is going to let him start pouring the Gatorade next year. You can really build something from there.

VN Store

Back