Butch Jones

wbailey201

Does anybody know a way that I could get a address to mail a letter to him? Long story is back in 2014, himself and the dream connection put together a way for my brother to go to Knoxville and see the neyland experience first Hand. My brother w ads probably the biggest vols fan you would ever meet. He couldn't talk but he knew when the pride formed the T or heard Rocky Top. My brother was wheelchair bound and couldn't not talk due to being born with celebrate palsy. It took a lot of planning but they pulled it off. He got to tour neyland, get on the field before gates open, even met with his favorite players such as pig Howard, Todd Kelly and even met with coach Fulmer before the team got there. Coach Jones and the players didn't know my brother from anything but they each one stopped and a talked to him on the way to the locker room. I thanked him then for his generosity. This past May, the good lord came and took my brother home. My brother was always sick his whole life and I wanna thank coach Jones and staff for that day cause I honestly believe it helped keep my brother alive longer. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I have pictures and channel 8 in Knoxville even covered if anyone would like to see them.

Reactions: 60 people
Have you tried contacting ch 8 news since they were the ones that covered story? I am sure they could help you get in contact with him if nothing else.

Sorry to hear about your brother. I know it had to be hard on the family and I am sure it still is.

Good luck, WBailey. I don't know how to get a note to Butch, but some of the folks here might be able to hook you up.

If not, you could always call the Athletic Director's front office ((865) 974-1224) and explain the situation. I'm sure they could get you Butch's address, maybe even pass on to Butch that you called.

Good luck, God bless, Go Vols!

p.s. nb4 zomgithoughtButchtorehisACLwhyathreadwithjustaname?!?

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Does anybody know a way that I could get a address to mail a letter to him? Long story is back in 2014, himself and the dream connection put together a way for my brother to go to Knoxville and see the neyland experience first Hand. My brother w ads probably the biggest vols fan you would ever meet. He couldn't talk but he knew when the pride formed the T or heard Rocky Top. My brother was wheelchair bound and couldn't not talk due to being born with celebrate palsy. It took a lot of planning but they pulled it off. He got to tour neyland, get on the field before gates open, even met with his favorite players such as pig Howard, Todd Kelly and even met with coach Fulmer before the team got there. Coach Jones and the players didn't know my brother from anything but they each one stopped and a talked to him on the way to the locker room. I thanked him then for his generosity. This past May, the good lord came and took my brother home. My brother was always sick his whole life and I wanna thank coach Jones and staff for that day cause I honestly believe it helped keep my brother alive longer. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I have pictures and channel 8 in Knoxville even covered if anyone would like to see them.

Send it to the UT athletic dept addressed to him. I'm sure it would get to his office.

Reactions: 1 person
I'd tweet him and say thanks if all else fails.

Or if he doesn't check them himself, even tweeting at some of the players would probably reach him.
If the contact numbers and emails fail to do the job.

Bailey, obviously you already know we have a pretty decent group of guys over there. They may not receive it immediately, but keep trying. My thoughts are with you brother.

I'm sure you mean cerebral palsy. I had a cousin born with the same affliction. She, unfortunately, left the planet much too soon as well. One of the kindest, gentlest people you'd ever want to meet, though. As Billy Joel says, only the good die young.

Reactions: 2 people
Sorry for you loss and may God bless you and your family

Go to "publicrecordsnow.com" That is one word!
This will give you information on almost anyone. Address, phone number. relatives, employment, etc. etc.

My ex wife disappeared a few years ago and my son and daughter wanted to make contact with her, so I used this website to find her in Standish, Michigan.

Amazing story. Very sorry for your loss. I really hope your letter gets to CBJ. Thank you for sharing that with us.

You try the white pages - sounds too easy but I sent Fulmer a letter once to his house using white pages and he wrote back.

Reactions: 4 people
Amazing story! Hope this getts to CBJ as well! Stories like this helps me personally, especially as a nurse myself. GoVols

Reactions: 1 person
We were playing #14 Missouri and Pig had his best game of the year, catching 8 passes for 90 yards. Perhaps the positive impact of Jonathan meeting his favorite player went both ways at least for that day.

I would just give it to him at the crown plaza the day before a football game. He is always talking to the fans there.

I'm sorry for your loss. I'm so glad we have a staff/players with such high integrity and so full of kindness to take the time out and make a deserving persons day like that.

May God be with you and your family and again... so sorry for your loss.

geez, my man...thought I was having a bad morning...Vol fans are unreal...soft hearts and tough as nails...:salute:

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back